TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #6

I read @AppleTreeGreen ‘s theory and while I’m not sure I’m on board with the sex work theory, I agree that the gap between the time the Nissan Frontier is first seen in Liz’s neighborhood and when the crime occurs is the key to solve the case.

~ Four hours and 40 minutes is not a long gap. It’s possible the car kept driving around the area, but there’s also a chance the perpetrator went home and returned to the crime scene. Which suggests he/she lives nearby. Perhaps Houston or Galveston.

I saw some discussion the other day about whether this case is solvable or not. And, because it seems targeted, I really have hopes Liz, her family and friends will get justice.

Reading a few articles too online, platform boots are popular footwear for those who work in the stripping industry. I noticed too on some of the news articles and videos about LE and sex work in Houston, that high heeled shoes or footwear, including heeled and platform boots, that made a person appear taller were also commonly worn among those featured in the videos and articles too.
The boots are important to me, too.

To me they look like Wellington rubber boots rather than platform boots, and on the initial walk up the driveway the shooter seems to have a bit of a "clomping" walk the way one has when walking in wellie boots, which by nature tend to be loose and bulky feeling.

Just about every woman in my social group, from ages 12 to 80, has a pair of Hunter brand wellies. They're mid-to upper-mid range in terms of price and accessibility. No one I know has white Hunters, though. Hunters are made in white but they're not the easiest color to find--more often you see traditional colors like black and green plus fashion shades like red. White is not the most practical color if you're going to wear the boots in rain or mud. White boots would show every speck of dirt. But, by their nature, wellie boots won't stain and can be rinsed easily.

So why would someone pick white boots in particular?

I tend to think that there is a cosplay link. Since the famous 1960s Courreges space era collection, white boots have been associated with a futuristic, sci-fi look. Someone might choose white boots for a specific costume or simply because they like that space-girl aesthetic.

Personally I don't think the shooter is dressed in a cosplay outfit for the attack. I think they are wearing a lab coat (easily stripped off and discarded) and rubber wellies (visible blood easily rinsed off) and I think this attire is consistent with the planning shown with the 2 am drive-by. But I think a cosplay connection might explain why they choose white boots in the first place, instead of more practical and readily available colors.

To me they look like Wellington rubber boots rather than platform boots, and on the initial walk up the driveway the shooter seems to have a bit of a "clomping" walk the way one has when walking in wellie boots, which by nature tend to be loose and bulky feeling.
Just about every woman in my social group, from ages 12 to 80, has a pair of Hunter brand wellies. They're mid-to upper-mid range in terms of price and accessibility. No one I know has white Hunters, though. Hunters are made in white but they're not the easiest color to find--

Interesting theory and solid reasoning, @hexicon. Boots like this?

1708924650136.png1708924576564.png1708924712929.png

Interesting theory and solid reasoning, @hexicon. Boots like this?

View attachment 486167View attachment 486166View attachment 486168
Yes, that's what I had in mind. White is available online at the Hunter website but (according to my quick google) not among the colors typically offered at department stores online or in person.

When I was googling I also found that there is a type of men's white tall work boot called a "shrimp boot," as well as men's white work boots with black soles that look similar to the stormtrooper boots from the movies, though these come higher up the calf. To me the boots in the video look like tall white ladies' rain boots, though I can't say that I see the buckle or label as in the Hunter brand boots.

I know that some have speculated that the boots are similar to Ugg brand boots, which are thick, bulky crepe-soled suede boots lined with shearling. As with Hunter rain boots, just about every woman I know has a pair of Ugg boots. They were popular as a fashion statement in the last decade. Uggs are less popular as streetwear now, though many women (including me) still wear them around the house as slippers.

One reason I think the killer isn't wearing Uggs is that the crime shows some degree of rational planning, and for a person who is generally making rational decisions Uggs would be a terrible idea to wear to a crime scene. The suede upper on Uggs stains easily and is impossible to clean effectively--rainwater will leave a waterline stain on them. You would never be able to remove blood from the suede, and the shearling lining sheds, creating a risk that you'd leave fiber evidence, plus the texture of the suede means that you could take fiber or similar evidence with you (mine are cat hair magnets).

Can you tell I'm just a girl who is obsessed with shoes? Of course we can't tell how much the killer thought through any of this, but in the absence of any real developments I guess I'm just hyper-analyzing through my area of "expertise."

Just about every woman in my social group, from ages 12 to 80, has a pair of Hunter brand wellies. They're mid-to upper-mid range in terms of price and accessibility. No one I know has white Hunters, though. Hunters are made in white but they're not the easiest color to find--more often you see traditional colors like black and green plus fashion shades like red. White is not the most practical color if you're going to wear the boots in rain or mud. White boots would show every speck of dirt. But, by their nature, wellie boots won't stain and can be rinsed easily.

I tend to think that there is a cosplay link. Since the famous 1960s Courreges space era collection, white boots have been associated with a futuristic, sci-fi look. Someone might choose white boots for a specific costume or simply because they like that space-girl aesthetic.

Personally I don't think the shooter is dressed in a cosplay outfit for the attack. I think they are wearing a lab coat (easily stripped off and discarded) and rubber wellies (visible blood easily rinsed off) and I think this attire is consistent with the planning shown with the 2 am drive-by. But I think a cosplay connection might explain why they choose white boots in the first place, instead of more practical and readily available colors.
The perps outfit could have been a darker color that reflected the wavelength of light the camera was registering. I am not sure we can say what color any of the clothing was. I do agree they look like "Wellies" but many things including reflective things (shiny black boots for example) often looks bright white in a camera at night. None of the colors are represented correctly in low light.

As an example, in my Ring camera, the trees and grass which are dark green, appear bright white at night.

What is odd is that they were wearing boots at all. Boots like that are difficult to drive in and weren't needed for the weather, same for the "jacket". I also do not believe it was a costume; I think they came prepared to shed that clothing and remove any blood and gunshot residue that could tie them to the crime. Perhaps they shed that jacket and the boots and went directly to a job to establish an alibi. It would be easy enough to discard all of that in a bag in the truck, walk into work on time and perfectly dressed, act normal for a few hours and then go and discard all of that clothing in a burn barrel somewhere.

Crinkle platform boots of the 70es

I also do not believe it was a costume; I think they came prepared to shed that clothing and remove any blood and gunshot residue that could tie them to the crime. Perhaps they shed that jacket and the boots and went directly to a job to establish an alibi.
This has been my theory and gut as well. Definitely shows some level of planning ahead and not an impulsive crime. Also shows they were planning on shooting multiple times and were prepared for blood spatter (forgive the gruesomeness).

What if: this was a case of stalking? Was LB being stalked? The killer finally had enough, if she won’t be with ___?___, if she wasn’t happy with ___?___, she’s not going to be allowed to be happy with someone else? Did LB even know she was being stalked? Thinking perhaps a past bf, lover, an admirer from work (or cosplay), a person unknown to LB? Person had been admiring LB from afar. Was the Orlando trip the final straw? Did the upcoming five year wedding anniversary cause person to break? Thinking they may never get a chance with LB, ever? Is the unknown person within the inner circle of someone in LB's family/friends/work/S's work,etc ? My thoughts, at this time.

I've always wondered if the motive had to do with her buying some items (maybe Star Wars or Harry Potter related) from someone on a site like Facebook Marketplace or at a garage sale and the person didn't know the real cost of what they were selling. They might have been upset when they found out they just sold some really expensive items to her for only a few measly dollars. Maybe they felt ripped off and when they saw she was having a garage sale and maybe selling some of those things for more money they went to exact revenge. A small motive but I think that's all it takes for some people to commit murder.

I've always wondered if the motive had to do with her buying some items (maybe Star Wars or Harry Potter related) from someone on a site like Facebook Marketplace or at a garage sale and the person didn't know the real cost of what they were selling. They might have been upset when they found out they just sold some really expensive items to her for only a few measly dollars. Maybe they felt ripped off and when they saw she was having a garage sale and maybe selling some of those things for more money they went to exact revenge. A small motive but I think that's all it takes for some people to commit murder.

I have multiple trees of theories, and one starts off this way. In this one though, the items being sold were either gifted to Liz, and she didn’t realize how sentimental they were, or Liz won this item over someone else and was now selling it for pocket change. I’ve speculated that’s what the person is showing them in their left hand, a meaningful picture of the item.

Quick question-

Is it possible Liz was in Multi Level Marketing (MLM)?
Interesting question. By way of comparison, fellow TX murder victim Missy Bevers appeared to have been involved in at least two--Vault Denim and Thrive supplements, the latter of which CO murder victim Shannan Watts also sold. I'm not implying that these murders have anything to do with Liz or each other. Rather, I think it is a way for SAH moms to build community and try to bring in a little extra money, and the murders correlate more to the financial and marital distress that leads them to sell MLM products than to the MLM business itself.

I think if Liz were involved in an MLM scheme it would have become public information by now. Usually MLM sellers have it all over their social media.

https://whokilledlizbarraza.com

The reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible is now up to $50,000.00.

If you have a tip, please call the Crime Stoppers of Houston Tip Line - all calls are completely anonymous. Only tips and calls DIRECTLY TO Crime Stoppers are anonymous and eligible for a cash reward.

+1 (713) 222-TIPS (8477)

or the Harris County Sheriff’s Office at (713) 221-6000

More coming soon . . .
Links Updated 02/17/2024 by rjnjr and rtn

The family of Elizabeth Barraza is requesting the community's help as they continue their quest for justice for Liz.

Reward Information: Crime Stoppers may pay up to $50,000 for information leading to the identification, charging and/or arrest of the suspect in this case. Information may be reported by calling 713-222-TIPS (8477), submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org or through the Crime Stoppers mobile app. All tipsters remain anonymous. Only tips and calls DIRECTLY TO Crime Stoppers are anonymous and eligible for a cash reward.

HCSO Case #1901-07970

Curious about the name of the source mentioned as "a commercial retail video."

Timeline of events​

January 25, 2019 - February 6, 2019​

* Updated on 12/10/2023 by Robert Nuelle, Jr. The arrival and departure times at the scene for Robert & Rosemary Nuelle were updated based on newly released dash cam footage. Sergio Barraza's arrival time was also updated based on the dash cam footage.

• FYI: The events listed here are critical points in the incident timeline. These times were gathered from 4 sources: the Bozeman Video, a commercial retail video; the Barraza Nest doorbell video, and the call slip from the incident. The timeline entries by Sergeant Michael Ritchie are shown in red. Discrepancies may be due to the cameras not all having the correct time. Entries marked “approximately” are according to our memories and may not be accurate. Timeline

Moo -- at this time. Nothing concrete - only spitballing, as usual. ;)

-- What does everyone think was the shooter’s age: 17 - 19 years or anywhere from 18 to 45 years of age?

-- Was there an accomplice in the Nissan Frontier?

-- Was the truck actually a Nissan Frontier?

-- I’ve never been sure about the type of vehicle but suspect that LE have several cctv footage of vehicle not made public.

-- A lot of planning went into killing Liz Barraza.

-- The killer made runs through Barraza’s neighborhood to gain familiarity with the surroundings. Though the truck didn’t drive by the Barraza's house while Liz or S were outside setting up for the garage sale that morning. However, the killer knew when Liz would be outside all alone?

--The killer pulls into the Barraza’s neighborhood (Princeton PL Dr from Kukendahl Rd) and drives into Goddard School parking lot … is killer waiting for S (van) to leave the neighborhood?

-- Why didn’t the killer wait a bit (once S left) before killing Liz? Killer did not seem to have any doubt that S might turn around and return home (maybe S forgot something)? Confident ... slim chance of S returning? Was the killer on a schedule to kill Liz at a certain time, before more school buses in the area, dog walkers, people leaving for work, etc.

-- Killer disguise/costume appeared to look like something able to be removed easily and efficiently without notice? Evidence destroyed? Was the killer on their way to work?

-- Was Liz being stalked?

-- Killing appeared personal --- is this rage? revenge?

-- stalked? rage? revenge? Killer wanted the final say? Killer and all involved with the homicide got that wrong.

moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back