Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

"The body of Emily Wade was found earlier this morning by a volunteer search team.

Ennis Chief of Police John Erisman confirms to Channel 8 News that Wade was found dead in Chambers Creek off of Ensign Road near a low water crossing.

Police are waiting on autopsy results but believe Wade may have been swept away into the creek the night she went missing."

What a heartbreaking and tragic ending. Her mother's worst fear has been realized. Prayers for her family and loved ones, especially her little girl. :(

@Gardener1850

This is not a pleasant thought. Who knew?

I worried when I read about the flooded roads the night she went missing, that maybe she tried to drive through one. Many who try that, get stuck and try to get out of their car to move out of it..Often they are then washed away themselves.

Her car would be recoverable if that were the case though. IMO. Unless of course the car is completely submerged.

ETA I usually park a distance away from a store in order to get the exercise. I believe I'm gonna move a little closer now.

Water can carry a body a long distance.
I’m sure being from a MOST flood prone area in KY, her family might have thought this would be the outcome.

This is not a pleasant thought. Who knew?

I worried when I read about the flooded roads the night she went missing, that maybe she tried to drive through one. Many who try that, get stuck and try to get out of their car to move out of it..Often they are then washed away themselves.

Her car would be recoverable if that were the case though. IMO. Unless of course the car is completely submerged.

ETA I usually park a distance away from a store in order to get the exercise. I believe I'm gonna move a little closer now.

You could well be right about the flooded road then Zecats, Emily's car got stuck, she got out and was washed away. So sad and how awful for her mom and daughter.

"The body of Emily Wade was found earlier this morning by a volunteer search team.

Ennis Chief of Police John Erisman confirms to Channel 8 News that Wade was found dead in Chambers Creek off of Ensign Road near a low water crossing.

Police are waiting on autopsy results but believe Wade may have been swept away into the creek the night she went missing."

What a heartbreaking and tragic ending. Her mother's worst fear has been realized. Prayers for her family and loved ones, especially her little girl. :(

@Gardener1850

So sad for her family but I'm glad she has been found. I was thinking she was probably in the water somewhere. :(

RIP Emily Wade

Maybe she got free from the car when it was swept away but drowned trying to swim to safety? MOO

I think she probably did. I know when it rains here,

Turn around, don’t drown
Is repeated non stop on all local stations, it’s that bad in our area. Em’ has several family members residing on flood prone roads, I can’t see her, with her knowledge, taking a chance. Maybe she was unaware of how bad it was in Ennis.
How utterly awful.

Her co-worker/friend must be relieved.

I am still not believing this was any kind of vehicular accident and she can't be found.

rsbm

I'm glad for Emily's family that she has been found, but sorry that this story ended with her death.

It seems impossible that people who have a car accident cannot quickly be found, but here are two examples of cases I followed in years past. In the Texas case, the vehicle and remains were found in a pond along the woman's known route to work. Almost unbelievable to me that she wasn't found in the first few days of searching.

myfoxdfw.com | November 10, 2014
WYLIE, Texas – The body of a Wylie mother who has been missing for over a month has been found.

On Sunday afternoon Wylie police got a call from a private search and rescue crew about a van in Muddy Creek Farms pond in the 2500 block of McMillen Road.

A dive team went into the water and found Almaz Gebremedhin’s body inside her silver Chevrolet Venture.

Gebremedhin disappeared on her way to work on Oct. 2.

Her family reportedly hired a private detective to find her and that private detective hired a search and recovery team from Illinois. The team arrived in the area and began searching Sunday morning.

They were instructed to search both sides of the roadway from Gebremedhin’s home to where she worked. They noticed some damage to the fence near the pond so they used sonar equipment to search it.

Gebremedhin would have taken McMillen Road to work.

Police are still working to determine exactly how the vehicle ended up in the water.

Alameda sued over death of doctor who accidentally drove into estuary – East Bay Times
ALAMEDA — The family of Dr. Zehra Attari, whose body was pulled from the Oakland Estuary in December after a 43-day missing persons search, has filed a wrongful death claim against the city of Alameda.
The 55-year-old pediatrician drove off a public boat ramp here Nov. 7 while on her way to a physicians meeting.
Alameda police determined last month the doctor’s death was accidental.
An attorney for Attari’s husband Tasadduq and the couple’s two grown daughters filed the civil action claim Friday at Alameda City Hall. The claim seeks compensation for the family’s suffering and for the cost of Attari’s burial and funeral expenses.
Mohinder Mann, a San Jose attorney for the family, said Monday his clients feel strongly that Attari’s death was preventable.
Mann said several people told the family “one too many accidents” had happened at the boat ramp, which dips into the estuary at the end of Grand Street.

I think she probably did. I know when it rains here,

Turn around, don’t drown
Is repeated non stop on all local stations, it’s that bad in our area. Em’ has several family members residing on flood prone roads, I can’t see her, with her knowledge, taking a chance. Maybe she was unaware of how bad it was in Ennis.
How utterly awful.

Her co-worker/friend must be relieved.
Yes, I hear it all the time as well. It was dark and she probably drove into a low-lying area without realizing how deep it was. Sadly, it happens.
MOO

Ensign Road becomes NW County Road 1250. If the reports are correct, this is the spot - as shown in May 2013 - facing north & south at Chambers Creek where she was found , which is 7 miles from the center of town (as the crow flies).

chambers2.png chambers1.png chambers3.png

Yes, I hear it all the time as well. It was dark and she probably drove into a low-lying area without realizing how deep it was. Sadly, it happens.
MOO

All too often it happens. We see it too much in our area.
I’m sure she was trying to hurry, frightened & thought she could make it. Once the water level begins rising, there’s nothing one can do but get out of the vehicle, if they can.
Simply awful.

Ensign Road becomes NW County Road 1250. If the reports are correct, this is the spot - as shown in May 2013 - facing north & south at Chambers Creek where she was found , which is 7 miles from the center of town (as the crow flies).

View attachment 165208 View attachment 165210 View attachment 165211
Would this have been on her way home?

I was thinking. The flooding must have been what kept those searchers out there every single day. They must have had some idea of what happened to Emily.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back