Found Deceased TX - Felicia Marie Johnson, 24, bloody cellphone found, Houston, 15 Apr 2022 *POI charged*

Yes. Uber keeps a record of trips. They’re stored in your app, they show the cost, and they show if the trips were cancelled.

What I’m not sure about is whether trips that you book but aren’t ever allocated to a vehicle (sometimes it can take time to find a car and allocate your booking) are still recorded in the same way. That hasn’t happened to me so I can’t check in my app. Presumably Uber themselves would store that info even if it’s not shared on the user app though. Or that would be my assumption anyway.

Edited to add: just occurred to me that each trip shows the route but I don’t know if the route shown is the final route taken or if it stays the same irrespective of where you actually end your trip. As in does it show the route between your pick up and your booked destination, or does it show your actual destination - if that destination is different to the one you initially requested. Maybe another Sleuther will be able to fill in some of these gaps.
Found this on Uber. It looks as if the trip is tracked by Uber. Safety | Driver App | Uber

Question : Is it possible to see all Uber’s that were taken to the club that day or from the hotel?

Makes sense. I know it’s a big industry here. Curious, do they travel here alone?
Although I'm sure some do and dancers do have friends at the clubs, in some sense every dancer is a threat to the others. You want to get a guy alone and convince him to spend, and unless he's with a group, other dancers can be a distraction, or worse, take your money. Plus there are dancers with mental illness and drug addictions out there, certainly not the majority but you have to be careful. I'd say the general idea is that dancers don't really trust each other, though there are exceptions!

So, yes, most dancers travel solo. I knew one group of 2, but every other dancer who I knew traveled solo, and the one time I did, I did as well.

Although I'm sure some do and dancers do have friends at the clubs, in some sense every dancer is a threat to the others. You want to get a guy alone and convince him to spend, and unless he's with a group, other dancers can be a distraction, or worse, take your money. Plus there are dancers with mental illness and drug addictions out there, certainly not the majority but you have to be careful. I'd say the general idea is that dancers don't really trust each other, though there are exceptions!

So, yes, most dancers travel solo. I knew one group of 2, but every other dancer who I knew traveled solo, and the one time I did, I did as well.
Very insightful response. Thanks so much for answering my question. That totally makes sense and doesn’t seem so unusual when you consider the facts as you stated.
Given the potential jealousy, which I had never considered, I guess anything is possible…even another jealous dancer, etc.

Sorry I’m just joining and even after reading the thread, I’m confused as to how it is known she left with a patron if no one knows who? Or did they just not recognize him? Wouldn’t there have at least been a vague description? MOO

It seems you only complete paperwork if you’re hired. Which explains why they can’t identify the other lady that was declined a job and walked out.

I may be wrong but I took “the identity of that woman is unknown” as the club did not release that information to media (for privacy reasons, etc)

Very insightful response. Thanks so much for answering my question. That totally makes sense and doesn’t seem so unusual when you consider the facts as you stated.
Given the potential jealousy, which I had never considered, I guess anything is possible…even another jealous dancer, etc.
Being extremely pedantic here but I wouldn't call it jealousy, just maximizing your income.

According to a interview with the father

Typically in most cases
I may be wrong but I took “the identity of that woman is unknown” as the club did not release that information to media (for privacy reasons, etc)
The attorney stated she was unidentified and I was thinking this is was to highlight that IF Felicia came in for an interview, it would be on camera regardless of paperwork or not.

This is false in this day and age. Clubs make a ton of $ off of funny money purchased by club clients via credit cards. In order to get paid for the funny money when you work, you have to present a social security card and sign an independent contractor agreement.
I can see that, but would they have to if they don’t get a shift?

I can see that, but would they have to if they don’t get a shift?
I'm not convinced she was even there. There seems to be no evidence that she was at Cover Girls.

Anyway I honestly cannot remember if it's paperwork first or audition first. I'm guessing audition first but it's been about 10 years. Obviously the club is saying they don't have evidence of her being there so I'm guessing she didn't fill anything out.

I'm not convinced she was even there. There seems to be no evidence that she was at Cover Girls.

Anyway I honestly cannot remember if it's paperwork first or audition first. I'm guessing audition first but it's been about 10 years. Obviously the club is saying they don't have evidence of her being there so I'm guessing she didn't fill anything out.
i know, i wonder how anyone knows she was there.

MAY 5, 2022
Missing woman's father speaks out (cw39.com)
[...]

Felicia came to Houston to visit and potentially land a job at cover girl’s nightclub, the last place she was seen. Twelve hours after her disappearance, Kevin got on a plane to Houston to find his daughter.

The family tracked Felicia’s phone with a friend’s help. They found it at Bear Creek Pioneers Park and reported her missing immediately to the Houston Police Department.

Kevin says that since her disappearance, he has not heard any updates from HPD. “We did a whole week of investigating as a family ourselves,” said Johnson. ...

[...]

MAY 5, 2022
Missing woman's father speaks out (cw39.com)
[...]

Felicia came to Houston to visit and potentially land a job at cover girl’s nightclub, the last place she was seen. Twelve hours after her disappearance, Kevin got on a plane to Houston to find his daughter.

The family tracked Felicia’s phone with a friend’s help. They found it at Bear Creek Pioneers Park and reported her missing immediately to the Houston Police Department.

Kevin says that since her disappearance, he has not heard any updates from HPD. “We did a whole week of investigating as a family ourselves,” said Johnson. ...

[...]

This is sad and not right.

Strictly JMO, I assume she flew to Houston and that can be verified. I assume she checked into a hotel and that can be verified. Those are both situations where you show ID. Her phone was found in Houston and I assume the police have it. Other than that, there is no other factual evidence of where she was, afaik. No camera footage, no cards used. Now her father is saying a 'friend' found her phone. I just don't understand.

Police still searching for Felicia Johnson 3 weeks after she went missing​

Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee has joined the voices advocating for answers.

Johnson’s father is still in Houston and told KHOU 11 he met with police Friday. He said things are moving in the right direction, but couldn’t go into details because of the ongoing investigation.

Houston police told KHOU 11 that they are not releasing any new information.

More at link…

Police still searching for Felicia Johnson 3 weeks after she went missing​

Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee has joined the voices advocating for answers.

Johnson’s father is still in Houston and told KHOU 11 he met with police Friday. He said things are moving in the right direction, but couldn’t go into details because of the ongoing investigation.

Houston police told KHOU 11 that they are not releasing any new information.

More at link…

Good now everyone is on the same page.
Hopefully Felicia is located soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member