TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about that. But I don't think she was charged with anything like that. Was she? Or are you thinking of civil liability?
IDK. I was thinking of it in the context of her job. Just like an EMT standing by and watching someone choke to death.

This gal is just shameful, and no reflection on the Dallas PD as a whole. Shameful.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I've been following along when I can and have missed some testimony but I'm really trying to be objective here until all of the evidence comes out.

But I just can't help but to imagine how different this would be if this police department made it SOP to change out of uniform before leaving the station. JMO
IT IS!!!!!

I believe that a police officer, fire fighter, EMT, etc’s failure to render aid can be a criminal offense.

For example, one of the police officers assigned to a school that suffered a rampage shooting is facing criminal charges for blatantly not entering the building to confront the shooter, attempting to dissuade other officers from entering the building, then failing to follow them in after they took the lead.

The above example noted, criminal charges against public servants for “failing to perform” seem to be very rare and only reserved for the most egregious examples.
I want to hear the testimony of an emergency room M.D. If not for her failure to render aide, could Botham still be alive today?!

Amateur opinion and speculation

I wasn't the poster that said it but again being local I know there were numerous rumors that went around....
Rumor 1- That they knew eachother leading up to this, that they had dated, that there were pics of them together. none of this is true
Rumor 2- That she had complained about noise from his apartment previously - has never been proven
Rumor 3- That she banged on the door and was heard yelling "Let me in" and that he opened the door to her- the door was actually unlocked

Following the local station WFAA on facebook these are some of the rumors people are still circulating in the comment threads.

Interesting. I do remember reading somewhere about the "let me in" comments attributed to her. And none of that's been proven thus far. Thanks!

I've been following along when I can and have missed some testimony but I'm really trying to be objective here until all of the evidence comes out.

But I just can't help but to imagine how different this would be if this police department made it SOP to change out of uniform before leaving the station. JMO

Yes. Perhaps not taking their duty weapon home either. Get in uniform and gear at the station, change out when you leave.

If she hadn't been armed, this would have just been a misunderstanding. :(

Yes. Perhaps not taking their duty weapon home either. Get in uniform and gear at the station, change out when you leave.

If she hadn't been armed, this would have just been a misunderstanding. :(

I mean especially if you're exhausted from work. Leave the weapon somewhere. "What are you doing in my partner?"

"Uh, it's my apartment?"

"What? Oh my gosh! I'm sorry!"

Or at the least retreat and call for back up. Not walk in and shoot someone to death at first sight.

Testimony? So it was her key and not his?
When first responders arrived on scene AG's key was inserted into Jean's door according to I believe Sgt. Valentine's testimony.

The video exhibit I saw displayed an LEO (or some other person wearing blue gloved) inserting Jean's key into Jean's door to show the jury how it worked. They may have had more video exhibits of the key/door that I missed.

Neighbor testifying management knocked on his door (and Botham's) early afternoon (day of shooting). They said it was a noise complaint, but neighbor says their was no noise.

ETA: He spoke with Botham and they thought it was really about them smoking weed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member