TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
A female sergeant who was approx. the 3rd officer who arrived at the scene testified that a set of keys was inserted in Jean's door. She further testifies the door was ajar when she arrived (unclear if it was being held open by an officer or if it was just open.
This sergeant removed AG from the scene per protocol when there is an officer involved shooting.

The attached photo shows AG in the hallway as first responders were rendering aid to Jean.
This is an interesting detail about the keys. Now we need to know if all keys in that complex would fit the door, but just wouldn’t turn/unlock.
This will be critical info.

Amateur opinion and speculation

This was the apartment directly above AG? Was their any tension between AG and botham? Had she complained about him? Had she come home exhausted from her shift at work and heard his tv or music blaring, and confronted him with her weapon?

Has the ‘wrong apartment’ only come from AG’s own mouth or is there anything to back this up?

I believe that claims were advanced that the officer had made noise complaints against the victim and that a witness had heard her tell the victim to “open the door”. If accurate, both of these aspects could support a scenario of a confrontation followed by a rage shooting.

The prosecutor, however, does to appear to have presented either of these two pieces of information as evidence. This could imply that the information was not accurate or that it could not be substantiated.

The Judge is not going to allowed evidence or questioning of Sgt. Valentine in about the abnormality of the situation as far as the President coming to the vehicle and the recording being turned off, etc. The videos themselves have been entered into evidence.

i didn't really notice any reprimands ( perhaps i missed it). We just want to know if she was given special treatment is all! and the answer is yes.
I agree with you, but at that time they believed it was an officer involved shooting. They thought she was acting in the line of duty. As an officer she would get special treatment. After Valentine answered his question, the d a. kept on asking her if she would do differently now, and shouldn't she have done this or that. The judge even chimed in. It just seemed to me they were being harsh. I appreciated the fact she tried to speak up for herself. That's just how I perceived it.

I believe it was a tragic accident. Horrific Accident.

criminally negligent homicide

Sec. 19.01. TYPES OF CRIMINAL HOMICIDE. (a) A person commits criminal homicide if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence causes the death of an individual.

(b) Criminal homicide is murder, capital murder, manslaughter, or criminally negligent homicide.

I believe so, he has been referred to as "Mike"
ETA: Yes, defense counsel has now said Mike Mata about 5 times as being the man in the video
I honestly figured he would be quiet...this time but I see he was trying to help her ....it seems by the comments on all the live stream they have already convicted her , she has very few defending WFAA CBS 11 and KHOU

Displayed a video showing Jean's keys being used on Jean's door. I could not hear the audio too well. The light above the door flashed a green light and the door could be locked or unlocked.

When AG's keys were inserted the light would have flashed red, there would be no "whirring sound", and the key would not be able to turn to lock or unlock the door. The door/keys use radio frequencies to operate.

No sign of forced entry.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 2.35.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 2.35.20 PM.png
    269.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 2.35.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 2.35.22 PM.png
    268.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 2.35.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 2.35.25 PM.png
    286.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 2.35.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 2.35.55 PM.png
    290.6 KB · Views: 35
I agree with you, but at that time they believed it was an officer involved shooting. They thought she was acting in the line of duty. As an officer she would get special treatment. After Valentine answered his question, the d a. kept on asking her if she would do differently now, and shouldn't she have done this or that. The judge even chimed in. It just seemed to me they were being harsh. I appreciated the fact she tried to speak up for herself. That's just how I perceived it.
Yeah, i see exactly what you mean. it probably did feel a little bit like a reprimand for her lol and yes, it is unclear at what point they figured out " oh wait, she shot this guy off duty" Its a tricky place for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smallfry92