TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the body cam footage..
She’s still all concerned about herself
from the get go. Unbelievable.
“ I thought I was in my Apt “ as she whisks by the body camera.
Wow.
The officers sprint into working on Bo.

JMO

Allison Harris on Twitter
Dallas Police Officer Michael Lee testifies that, rather than shoot a burglary suspect, he’d choose to cover and conceal, as in wait for back up.

In the video, you see officers take turns giving Botham Jean CPR. One first responder climbs on top of the gurney to continue giving him CPR as paramedics prepare to take him

Completely separate situations. There really isn't any comparison between the two.

I just don’t see where your “totally unrelated claim” is based on. There seem to be at least some similarities. Both perpetrators had positions where they are held to higher standards (police officer, Senator). Likewise:
  • Both perpetrators killed an individual through their own negligent actions.
  • Both perpetrators failed to arrange for immediate help (Police officer 3 minutes. Senator 24 hours or more). Politician even left the scene of the accident and later, left the island.
  • Both perpetrators hindered later investigations (Officer: deleted text, Politician: car from incident quickly returned- then crushed and smelted),
  • Both perpetrators thought of themselves first and always (officer: "I am going to get fired" Politician: Tried to get another person to accept responsibility).

Yes. Just because there was a miscarriage of justice in one instance does not mean we stop enforcing the law.

I agree.

This statement acknowledges that there was a miscarriage of justice and by extension, there are some similarities in the two incidents.

I really like the point that because somebody got away with something once, does not obligate the country to treat all future crimes the same way. At the end of the day, I think the existing facts support manslaughter, not murder.

That could change with evidence that the officer was predisposed to use force and was looking for a pretense to do so. This would be especially so if she expressed a willingness to use force against minorities.

Last edited:
A couple of things stood out to me while watching LE body cam.
1) the apartment is much smaller than I expected. His body is close to the couch.
2) she didn’t even try to help him. The first thing the cops did was pull on blue gloves. She never even did that...too busy texting her lover.
3). She says “ I’m going to lose my job”.
4) the red door mat stood out all the way down the hall.

Even if the jury can believe her reason for shooting Botham ( of course i hope they don't), but let's say they can justify it in their own minds, the fact that she did not help Botham as he was laying on the floor---- I don't know how you justify that in any way. In some ways that is just as bad or worse than actually shooting him, because he was still breathing when other officers got there: had she done any CPR he might have been able to be saved. I imagine this is much worse for the family -----knowing this cold-hearted self centered did nothing to help him. Furthermore, the fact that he was near the couch, shoots down "he was threatening and coming at me only 15 feet away" lie---- juries do not like being lied to---

They showed the body cam footage of at least one of the first responders and IMO the red mat was very, very noticeable.
I didn’t get a great screenshot of it but it was immediately noticeable when the officer entered Jean’s hallway.

You can see the open areas of the parking garage in the screenshots. It wasn’t completely open air, but the sides were all open and you could see the roof of the apartment complex.

You can see the red mat in the photo of LEOs outside the apartment door. It’s not a great photo. I wish I had gotten a photo as they approached his apartment unit.

One photo shows the view down the hallways on the 4th floor. The left side goes towards the parking garage, the right side goes to Jean’s apartment.

ETA: Also a photo shows the messy counter in Jean's apartment.

Attachments

• DD547444-6733-47DA-9EFB-A9F53099EB5A.jpeg
    DD547444-6733-47DA-9EFB-A9F53099EB5A.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 90
  • B4207BB7-2EDC-4FFC-8C77-2D301BB1FCDA.jpeg
    B4207BB7-2EDC-4FFC-8C77-2D301BB1FCDA.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 2CD85AEB-C7CE-4C03-A958-0E4B6DDC941E.jpeg
    2CD85AEB-C7CE-4C03-A958-0E4B6DDC941E.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 4094E1BE-3D97-4F86-8FF6-45B850CD1845.jpeg
    4094E1BE-3D97-4F86-8FF6-45B850CD1845.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 84
  • 18164A0C-924D-4D6B-A62D-094913A71232.jpeg
    18164A0C-924D-4D6B-A62D-094913A71232.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 87
  • ED95E4B1-0691-4239-823E-0167BF883022.jpeg
    ED95E4B1-0691-4239-823E-0167BF883022.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 32D9603E-5304-4A2E-B908-E145C002340B.jpeg
    32D9603E-5304-4A2E-B908-E145C002340B.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 88
Even if the jury can believe her reason for shooting Botham ( of course i hope they don't), but let's say they can justify it in their own minds, the fact that she did not help Botham as he was laying on the floor---- I don't know how you justify that in any way. In some ways that is just as bad or worse than actually shooting him, because he was still breathing when other officers got there: had she done any CPR he might have been able to be saved. I imagine this is much worse for the family -----knowing this cold-hearted self centered ***** did nothing to help him. Furthermore, the fact that he was near the couch, shoots down "he was threatening and coming at me only 15 feet away" lie---- juries do not like being lied to---
They were clearly working on his left side, the side that would be closest to AG as he stood up from his couch. It's important to note the prosecution pointed out the officer who did CPR did not have blood on his gloves. So there was not a wound to the front of the chest. You would expect a wound in the front of the chest had he been fully facing and moving towards her IMO. Let's see what the autopsy and analysis shows.

Last edited:
A female sergeant who was approx. the 3rd officer who arrived at the scene testified that a set of keys was inserted in Jean's door. She further testifies the door was ajar when she arrived (unclear if it was being held open by an officer or if it was just open.
This sergeant removed AG from the scene per protocol when there is an officer involved shooting.

The attached photo shows AG in the hallway as first responders were rendering aid to Jean.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.31.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.31.40 PM.png
    1,006.4 KB · Views: 101
The female sergeant witness (Sgt. Valentine) testified about placing AG in her vehicle when she removed AG from the scene (the witness's cop car)

The attorney is arguing that the first responders and LEOs treated AG differently than a regular shooting suspect. LEOs told AG not to talk, informed her the recording system in the cop car she was put in was running, and the president of the police association (who is required to be called re. officer involved shootings) told the witness to turn off the vehicle's recording devices and removed AG from the vehicle.

ETA: The vehicle shown is not Stg. Valentine's, the video was actually from Sgt. Valentine's dashcam before she had AG get in the car.

They also plan to play surveillance from the apartment complex.

I believe the vehicle in the attached photos is Sgt. Valentine's. AG was standing with this group of people, one of them gave her a hug. I'm not sure my screenshots show her at all, but it was clearly her on the dashcam footage.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.38.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.38.19 PM.png
    545.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.38.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.38.40 PM.png
    548 KB · Views: 26
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.39.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.39.23 PM.png
    491.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.50.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 12.50.12 PM.png
    599.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Dallas Police Officer Michael Lee testifies that, rather than shoot a burglary suspect, he’d choose to cover and conceal, as in wait for back up.

In the video, you see officers take turns giving Botham Jean CPR. One first responder climbs on top of the gurney to continue giving him CPR as paramedics prepare to take him

Bless their souls for that.

Even if the jury can believe her reason for shooting Botham ( of course i hope they don't), but let's say they can justify it in their own minds, the fact that she did not help Botham as he was laying on the floor---- I don't know how you justify that in any way. In some ways that is just as bad or worse than actually shooting him, because he was still breathing when other officers got there: had she done any CPR he might have been able to be saved. I imagine this is much worse for the family -----knowing this cold-hearted self centered ***** did nothing to help him. Furthermore, the fact that he was near the couch, shoots down "he was threatening and coming at me only 15 feet away" lie---- juries do not like being lied to---

The thing is, I don't think her failure to render aid proves any element of manslaughter or murder. It shows her character though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland