TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was my child riots would be the least of my thoughts. Burn the whole corrupt system. If she walks it solidifies for me that some people, depending on their job and locale, ARE in fact, above the law.

It would set a super dangerous precedent. For that reason I feel she may not walk. We all should have the right to be safe in our own homes from trigger happy cops.

No reasonable person can believe her defense. I don't know what her motive could be. But there is no way that she is justified in this shooting. Just like Nouman Raja. She's sociopathic. And I believe her relationship with Rivera triggered this act. It sounds like he was jerking her around, and she was desperate. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she did this for attention. I seriously wouldn't! It sounds crazy but so does claiming to have walked into the wrong apartment and shooting someone to death.
If her defense is she entered the wrong apartment & shot someone she thought was an intruder I believe her.

It's one thing to go to the wrong floor, it's quite another to enter and shoot someone dead. I've gone into a men's room by accident but I didn't stay and use the urinal.

Nice analogy. Even better, you didn't stay and attack an innocent man for being in the ladies room and causing you to feel he was a danger.

If her defense is she entered the wrong apartment & shot someone she thought was an intruder I believe her.

Which is why we may see a mistrial here. People may be firmly in one position or another.

Now, a mistrial isn't the same as being exonerated. I don't know if the prosecution would re-file if there is a mistrial.

I think her defense is she entered the wrong apt and shot someone she thought was an intruder who was going to attack and kill her. Not sure where she got that impression or why she didn't mention it during her 6 minute 911 call.

I do not see her as Trigger happy.
I see as a horrible accident. An innocent man died but not out of malicious intent or a racist motive.
She made it from the doorway to the kitchen area, by the dishwasher, without any harm coming to her. He may or may not have made it to a standing position from the sofa he was sitting on, in the living room, and was found lying by that sofa after he was shot.

trig·ger-hap·py
/ˈtriɡər ˌhapē/
adjective
adjective: trigger-happy
ready to react violently, especially by shooting, on the slightest provocation.

Standing up or attempting to stand up was the provocation. I'd call that slight. JMO

I think 20 years would be appropriate

Jmo
She'll get 2 in the clink, and five years probation is my amateur opinion and speculation. Now the *civil* trial and the associated reparation is what is going to really help bring justice. She will have to pay the Victim's family dearly $$$$$ for taking his life.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I do not see her as Trigger happy.
I see as a horrible accident. An innocent man died but not out of malicious intent or a racist motive.
This is her second shooting incident in a small window of time. Further, there has been questionable material obtained from her FB page that suggests she is racist. All of this will be examined during the trial, and whatever the facts are, should come to light.

I do not like anything about this woman who disgraced her uniform, and the honor of the great men and women in blue. That being said I am trying, trying hard to stick to facts and not get caught up in what an ugly, selfish soul this woman appears to have.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member