TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the expectation of rendering aid part of your occupation? I think it's a bit apples to oranges. JMO, of course.

no
but cops around here don't have to render aid either
so it's confusing to me that Guyger apparently was expected to

I don’t like this woman at all, but I am trying...emphasis on trying...to look at this case impartially.
Many people aren’t cryers, but get “choked up”. She was in a job that required her to be tough, and this affect may be a byproduct of that.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Hmm.. I carefully watched the video 3 times, and she looked more fake to me each time. Hyped and contrived. She even took a tissue to wipe her eyes/face but there was nothing to wipe. And all that "hiccuping" seemed overdone. Amateur actress.

Is the expectation of rendering aid part of your occupation? I think it's a bit apples to oranges. JMO, of course.

And don't forget she joined LE because she wanted to help people!!! A man laying bleeding is about as helpless as it gets and she did only a "little" compression. She could've tried to stop the bleeding. Didn't do any of that with a first aid kit right there!

The evidence wouldn't necessarily show that. It can be extrapolated by analyzing the sequence of events.

Gun powder and blood evidence would show that. He is much larger than her. She would have had to drag him to the area he was found it. There would be evidence of that happening. The reason why this was not presented as a scenario, is because it's supported. JMO

doubtful
I have been in the position but the person wasn't dying
but I still didn't remember any training and just called 911

I thought that CPR was done when a person’s heart had stopped functioning. How could that happen, and the person not be dying?

And regarding Mr Jean, if CPR wasn’t indicated, wouldn’t one try to stop or slow the bleeding? That doesn’t take any training.

MOO

If he came to the door and she shot him, his body would have been lying by the door, not the couch.
Not if he was backing up. I don't think in any way, shape or form was this an accident, I think she executed him. She possibly was a jilted lover,<modsnip: inappropriate>

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO this is a lie. Any Compression.
As a juror I would form that opinion based on that the State pointed out (& AG admitted) she never used her wound gauze which was right by her. 2 unopened rolls. Her gloves were never used per evidence yesterday. Still tucked in her pocket

And ( wow) she forgot her CPR training.
She said under ( leading) defense this morning she -did not know CPR- only how to do stern compression.
Then on cross by the State , she says well, yes I was taught CPR but I don’t know how to do it on a real person.
The State pointed out that AG hands were interested in only herself in those critical moments. Texting!

2 days post killing Bo.. she is back sexting MR!!! Disgusting.

MOO

Curious as to what part of my statement was a “lie”?

Law enforcement is not expected to render aid if they have an injured person in front of them? They aren't trained to do so?

I'm sure it's part of their training but they are not required to as part of their job description
they are expected to call for medics obviously but not necessarily apply first aid themselves

I thought that CPR was done when a person’s heart had stopped functioning. How could that happen, and the person not be dying?

And regarding Mr Jean, if CPR wasn’t indicated, wouldn’t one try to stop or slow the bleeding? That doesn’t take any training.

MOO

there is other first aid that can be rendered that is not CPR
some people are just not confident enough to apply medical intervention
I don't know why that makes me less than 'noble' lol

I'm sure it's part of their training but they are not required to as part of their job description
they are expected to call for medics obviously but not necessarily apply first aid themselves

Well, cops here are expected to render aid. In fact, rendering aid when they take down a subject is protocol. (To be clear, he was not a suspect of anything. However, she wants us to believe that he was a stranger in her home.) So, yes...she was expected as part of her job to render aid. If she claims to have used her training in this situation, she is a liar....because that's part of her training and job duties. She specifically said her training kicked in. But her training REQUIRES her to render aid.

ETA: By "here" I mean I live in the same county.

Can someone fill me in on what is happening now? I'm in a meeting for work and have been out of the loop for the last hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000