GUILTY TX - Frankie Gonzalez, 2, found deceased, Cameron Park, Waco, 1 Jun 2020 *Arrests*

Police fanned out on foot and by boat and by air to look for Frankie Gonzalez, who was last seen in a bathroom around Pecan Bottoms around 2 p.m., Waco police Officer Garen Bynum said. The boy was with his mother, who reportedly turned away for a brief moment when her toddler disappeared.

"Right now, we have no idea where he might have gone," Bynum said as darkness fell Monday evening. "We are just ruling out possibilities at this point, because we have no indication where he might be."

More at Police issue Amber Alert for missing toddler last seen in Cameron Park
I know we're lacking more information but I'm finding it hard to believe Frankie disappeared from a bathroom while his mother turned away for a moment. IOW, there usually is only one way in and out of a public restroom.

Maybe the reports are inaccurate? I had read earlier that he was last seen under a bridge. I dunno...

In a bathroom....my son and other young boys in my community have been propositioned in bathrooms, omg. This is so scary. When they are alone. My son was in eighth grade using a bathroom. Now I am very worried.

I know we're lacking more information but I'm finding it hard to believe Frankie disappeared from a bathroom while his mother turned away for a moment. IOW, there usually is only one way in and out of a public restroom.

Maybe the reports are inaccurate? I had read earlier that he was last seen under a bridge. I dunno...
Definitely agree with you. My granddaughter is 2 and I can’t imagine allowing her to go to a bathroom alone. Maybe that’s just me? IDK what to think? MOO

What I have written below is going to come off as insensitive and rude, please note that I’m not trying to be a jerk. I just don’t know how else to word my thoughts.

It was to my understanding that with an AA there MUST be sufficient descriptive information of the captor and the said vehicle used in the abduction?

IMO, I think that the AA was hastily given and somewhat presumptuous, and quite possibly incorrectly labeled an AA because of everyone being on high alert with what’s going on in the US right now.

There has been no description of the abductor and/or their vehicle, so to me this missing child case is just that, a missing child.
MOO.

ETA: Regardless of the actual correct terms for FG’s case, he is still missing and it’s very sad, and extremely scary!! Especially at a time like this.

Frankie Gonzales

p61118.jpg

• Missing Since Jun 1, 2020
  • Missing From Waco, TX
  • Age Now 2
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Hair Color Black
  • Eye Color Brown
  • Height 2'6"
  • Description LAST SEEN WEARING A GRAY SHIRT WITH MICKEY MOUSE ON IT, GRAY PANTS WITH MICKEY MOUSE ON THEM, AND BLACK/WHITE NIKE SHOES.
THE WACO POLICE DEPARTMENT IS SEARCHING FOR FRANKIE GONZALES, WHITE, MALE, 2 YEARS OLD, 2'06", UNKNOWN WEIGHT, BLACK HAIR, BROWN EYES, AND LAST SEEN WEARING A GRAY SHIRT WITH MICKEY MOUSE ON IT, GRAY PANTS WITH MICKEY MOUSE ON THEM, AND BLACK/WHITE NIKE SHOES. UNKNOWN SUSPECT DESCRIPTION. UNKNOWN SUSPECT VEHICLE. LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS BELIEVE THIS CHILD TO BE IN GRAVE OR IMMEDIATE DANGER. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THIS ABDUCTION, CALL THE WACO POLICE DEPARTMENT AT 254-750-7685

Have you seen this child? Frankie Gonzales

What I have written below is going to come off as insensitive and rude, please note that I’m not trying to be a jerk. I just don’t know how else to word my thoughts.

It was to my understanding that with an AA there MUST be sufficient descriptive information of the captor and the said vehicle used in the abduction?

IMO, I think that the AA was hastily given and somewhat presumptuous, and quite possibly incorrectly labeled an AA because of everyone being on high alert with what’s going on in the US right now.

There has been no description of the abductor and/or their vehicle, so to me this missing child case is just that, a missing child.
MOO.

ETA: Regardless of the actual correct terms for FG’s case, he is still missing and it’s very sad, and extremely scary!! Especially at a time like this.
Yeah, clearly no vehicle description has been released. But I looked up the criteria for Texas Amber Alerts and found this:

The below represents AMBER Alert criteria for the state's network:

• Is this child 17 years of age or younger, whose whereabouts are unknown, and whose disappearance law enforcement has determined to be unwilling which poses a credible threat to the child's safety and health; and if abducted by a parent or legal guardian, was the abduction in the course of an attempted murder or murder?
    OR
    Is this child 13 years of age or younger, who was taken (willingly or unwillingly) without permission from the care and custody of a parent or legal guardian by:
    • Someone unrelated and more than three years older,
      or
    • Another parent or legal guardian who attempted or committed murder at the time of the abduction?
  • Is this child in immediate danger of sexual assault, death or serious bodily injury?
  • Has a preliminary investigation verified the abduction and eliminated alternative explanations for the child's disappearance?
  • Is sufficient information available to disseminate to the public to help locate the child, a suspect, or the vehicle used in the abduction?
TxDPS - Amber Alert
https://www.tab.org/public/upload/files/misc/amber_alert_training_guide.pdf

So it seems to be more of an either or situation. IOW, if there is no vehicle description the alert can still be issued. A lot depends upon the age of the child and Frankie, being around 2 years old would definitely be considered to be in immediate danger.

I'm guessing LE is interviewing the parents and others who were in the park so they may have more information that they're not releasing for now. They had boats and helicopters out all afternoon and haven't located Frankie so maybe that's why LE believes he was abducted.

By whom is still unknown. This could be a parental abduction or a stranger abduction or something else. Hopefully we'll hear more soon.

Poor little guy. It's 11:30 in Texas so pretty dark. If he's in the park he must be cold and hungry by now. And if someone has taken him he must be so scared. Ugh.

Last edited:
As far as disappearing out of the bathroom......... maybe Mom went into the stall to use the restroom but for whatever reason the little boy did not go in with her? Or maybe he did, and he ducked under the door?

I've been trying to understand the layout of the park and it's difficult. It's big - about 52 acres. According to various reports Frankie was last seen under a bridge, in the restroom near a bridge, and one report says in the area of the restrooms near the splash pad in the Pecan Bottoms area of the park.
Cameron Park, Points of Interest - Parks & Recreation - City of Waco, Texas
Amber Alert issued for missing Waco toddler

So the way I pieced it together is that he was either in or near the restroom at the splashpad in the Pecan Bottoms area when he disappeared. The park website has pictures of everything but the bridge.

Google maps shows Herring Avenue, which rises over the Pecan Bottoms. Msm videos verify that Herring Avenue is the bridge being referred to.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Amber Alert issued for missing Waco 2-year-old last seen in Cameron Park
It's still confusing since the bridge is farther away from the restrooms than the playground area but reports seem to put Frankie under the bridge instead. If he left the restroom on his own accord then how would his mom know he headed towards the bridge? Maybe the "brief moment" was longer than she realized?

Early reports are often full of misinformation so tomorrow may bring some clarity. I hope Frankie didn't go to the water but at the same time if he was kidnapped that's not much better.

From the video above, you can see the restrooms from under the bridge, so I think all the descriptions are correct.

I believe they issued the Amber Alert just to let people know he could have been abducted. BOLO

I fear he has gone into the water. The river is just down from the restrooms. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back