GUILTY TX - Gerren Isgrigg, 6, disabled, left to die in Wylie park, 12 April 2010

Maybe the Grandma just couldn't do it anymore, and he sadly passed because of that. She could have just not been able to take care of him properly, which led to neglect.

Linda Isgrigg said her son was making regular child support payments to his ex-wife and thought Gerren was still living with her. He was the couple's only child together. She believed the marriage ended over Gerren's medical problems.

Her son saw Gerren when he could, she said, but it was infrequent because he was in the military.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/Wylies-Angel-was-severely-ill-says-grandfather-92021724.html

The egg donor bailed on her child, . The father was sending support, to ex-wife, yet she was not caring for him. And he must have not seen him or he would have known that. Who knows if his parents saw him, I'm doubting it or they would have told their son where Gerren was living. Other Grandparents were living in a hotel, caring for him. , They must not have known they could get help. Sad, just sad.

I've been busy with my own sick little one, and a full house...I am just seeing all this. Heartbreak. That's all I know. This is so sad. What does LE have that says this is murder? I hate to think of what this sweet, precious, innocent child endured in his life. So helpless, so dependent on these people to CARE for him. Ugh. I am so sad. I am glad only that he is no longer suffering, but the pain I feel for what his life may have been like is unbearable. I never met this little guy...is it possible my heart is big enough for this little stranger....even bigger than all of his family? I wish someone could have rescued him sooner. I wish he could have lived with and known love and nurture. God bless his sweet soul.

So SO angry to hear that the mom was a dead beat loser. The father was a Marine in Korea-forgivable. The mother? UNFORGIVABLE. I hope she's charged as well.

Sorry for the anger, but I am just appalled at how some mothers treat their children.

moms a real piece of work if she was collecting child support for a child she abandoned to her mother. Do we know if she was passing that child support onto her mom, the boys grandmother, who was doing the caring for him? If not, there has to be some fraud here on bio moms part. Not to mention child abandonment charges. Did the grandparents ever get legal guardianship?

what a mess of a maternal family this poor child had.

At least dad was paying support but why no visitation? Did he not ask for it or did bio moms family deny it? did paternal grandparents ever inquire with their son, this childs father about visitation and requesting they be part of their grandchilds life? I'm not accusing anyone just curious becuase everyone seems to want to point the finger at someone else being responsible in times like this......

RIP Gerren, you will always be our angel!

I don't buy it but either way grandma caused his death. If she could no longer handle the responsibility of caring for such an ill child why not call social services and request he be turned over to a foster family capable of caring for a child with such needs?

My gut tells me because she and grandpa never had legal guardianship of this child and did not want to get their daughter in trouble for abandoning him with them. I think eventually we will see more charges in this case, particularly against the boys mother.

JMO

Mr. Phillips says in a short phone conversation with his wife last night after her arrest, she told him she left Gerren at a place she thought he'd be found right away and when she did that, he was alive and fine.
http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-wylie-angel-gerren-joseph-isgrigg-story,0,2882948.story

She thought he'd be found right away? A fire station, a police station or a hospital would have been the right choice, if she didn't want to keep him any more. She told her husband she called social services. Why didn't she really do that if she couldn't handle him anymore? I just don't get it. I can see be overwhelmed but just adbandoning him all alone in a secluded place? It just doesn't make sense but I guess I am trying to understand something that defies explanation.

moms a real piece of work if she was collecting child support for a child she abandoned to her mother. Do we know if she was passing that child support onto her mom, the boys grandmother, who was doing the caring for him? If not, there has to be some fraud here on bio moms part. Not to mention child abandonment charges. Did the grandparents ever get legal guardianship?

what a mess of a maternal family this poor child had.

At least dad was paying support but why no visitation? Did he not ask for it or did bio moms family deny it? did paternal grandparents ever inquire with their son, this childs father about visitation and requesting they be part of their grandchilds life? I'm not accusing anyone just curious becuase everyone seems to want to point the finger at someone else being responsible in times like this......

RIP Gerren, you will always be our angel!

I read in one of the links that the paternal grandparents said they last saw him 2 years ago. He has been with the maternal grandparents for 3 1/2 years so they knew he was with him then. Maybe they thought it was for a short time?

http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-wylie-angel-gerren-joseph-isgrigg-story,0,2882948.story

She thought he'd be found right away? A fire station, a police station or a hospital would have been the right choice, if she didn't want to keep him any more. She told her husband she called social services. Why didn't she really do that if she couldn't handle him anymore? I just don't get it. I can see be overwhelmed but just adbandoning him all alone in a secluded place? It just doesn't make sense but I guess I am trying to understand something that defies explanation.

BBM. Found right away? uh huh. Then how did he end up under brush with only a partial leg sticking out? Being blind I doubt he was able to crawl to a bush and decide to bury himself under sticks and brush.

This grandma is a pc. of work, trying to make excuses to save her butt. :furious: :furious: :furious:

I don't buy it but either way grandma caused his death. If she could no longer handle the responsibility of caring for such an ill child why not call social services and request he be turned over to a foster family capable of caring for a child with such needs?

My gut tells me because she and grandpa never had legal guardianship of this child and did not want to get their daughter in trouble for abandoning him with them. I think eventually we will see more charges in this case, particularly against the boys mother.

JMO

Another thought. There is NO WAY the maternal grandparents would have been able to obtain legal guardianship over this little guy without going to court AND having the bio fathers permission.......The courts would be required by law to get the fathers permission, because if mom was giving up custody bio dad is first in line to obtain custody prior to any grandparents.

I'm curious as to which it is. Either bio dad gave his permission or he did not..... in which case the maternal grandparents did not have legal guardianship.

Time will tell as the facts come out.

Found right away dumped at a campground and essentially buried under a bush? Gma, spill. Might as well get it all off your chest now. You will feel better. This is not a credible story.

If you believe in the after life, Gerren is running and hearing and seeing....even if you dont, this little man is no longer suffering. What a terrible, terrible story.

Dumping a totally helpless child in a park is in NO WAY better than murdering him outright.

Everyone in this story bears some responsibility for what happened. Sounds like he was just too much work for the parents so they dumped him on the one person who couldn't say no, but who was also in no way able to care for him. Living in a motel with a totally disabled child?? This story is miserable and tragic on every level.

Poor little angel.

I recently moved from the Wylie area (Sachse, right next door) after living there for 5 years. That lake area is very sparse, not a lot of civilization. It's off a major highway, but the lake itself isn't very busy.

There are roads that take you around the lake to docks, etc, but the roads are old and there is lots of brush, high grasses, etc. I would be afraid to walk through these grasses and fields and near the ponds because of snakes. Water moccasins/cotton mouths in particular that are drawn to water. No way-I wouldn't walk around them. And I wouldn't take my (healthy, seeing, hearing) kids either.

I used to drive my kids around these roads sometimes to fall asleep for naps because there isn't much traffic. It's quiet. People aren't out there all the time. There aren't a lot of hikers or anything like that.

And he was found under some brush, right?

This makes NO sense. She left him in such a dangerous area. Heat. Body of water. Snakes. Isolated.

What a liar.
:furious::furious::furious:

From Dairy Girl's link...

Mr. Phillips says in a short phone conversation with his wife last night after her arrest, she told him she left Gerren at a place she thought he'd be found right away and when she did that, he was alive and fine.

So she left this poor baby to die? A helpless child? She left him alive under a bunch of sticks and branches?? Out next to a pond in the middle of the woods? How the heck could she think he'd be found right away? He was HELPLESS! BLIND and DEAF!! This is just sickening. No one would have judged this woman harshly if she just gave the child up! She could have said.. "You know what? I'm elderly, my daughter ran off and left me with my extremely special needs grandson, and I just can't do this." NOT ONE FREAKIN PERSON WOULD HAVE SAID CARP ABOUT HER!! Instead, he either passes away beforehand, or she leaves him to die!

The manner in which grandma left him, I don't believe for a moment he was 'alive and well'. I think that is simply make believe in her head and just a load of bs to get the murder charges lessened.

JMO

Since Gerren's father was in the military, Gerren should have been enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program. He would have been provided with medical, educational, and respite services for his caretaker. Enrollment is mandatory. Gerren's father would also have been assigned only to duty stations where Gerren could receive the care he needed.
http://www.mccscp.com/home/Family-Services/efmp.aspx

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan