TX TX - Gloria Stringer, 22, Texas City, 4 June 1975

also I note the profile for the UID said she may have been pregnant or given birth. not sure what basis they use for that but I assume there must have been something that led them to suspect she had been pregnant at one time.

A woman who has been pregnant will show a pitted, rough surface texture at a certain location on the pelvis (called the Sacro-Iliac Joint).

Billy, thanks for your input.

do you know or have any way of finding out what Christine's abdominal scar was? on this particular UID the scar was from a splenectomy.

also I note the profile for the UID said she may have been pregnant or given birth. not sure what basis they use for that but I assume there must have been something that led them to suspect she had been pregnant at one time.

The scar is listed as "intestinal" surgery. I don't think that would mean spleen, would it? Also, if you go to the link, you will see that her weight is indeed listed as 130 lbs. on another missing site. You might want to post a link to this thread on her cold case thread, as her sister has posted on there.

The scar is listed as "intestinal" surgery. I don't think that would mean spleen, would it?

Sounds more like an appendix operation, or something similar

The scar is listed as "intestinal" surgery. I don't think that would mean spleen, would it? Also, if you go to the link, you will see that her weight is indeed listed as 130 lbs. on another missing site. You might want to post a link to this thread on her cold case thread, as her sister has posted on there.

BBM

if you are referring to the geocities link, it is no longer active.

The Doe Network:
Case File 492DFNC
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/492dfnc.html

Priscilla Anne Blevins
Missing since January 1, 1975 from Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 29, 1948
Age at Time of Disappearance: 26 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; brown eyes. Suffers from eczema.
Dentals: Partial dentals available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: In progress
Circumstances of Disappearance
Blevins was last seen at 1700 Tyvola Road in Charlotte, North Carolina on January 1, 1975. She has not been seen or heard from since. She was most recently entered into NCIC in 2000.

ETA: Another website here shows Priscilla Anne Blevins went missing on July 7, 1975, if this is true then she could be ruled out as being this UID.

ETA: Charley Project has her last seen date as January 1, 1975 http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/blevins_pricilla.html

The Doe Network:
Case File 492DFNC
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/492dfnc.html

Priscilla Anne Blevins
Missing since January 1, 1975 from Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 29, 1948
Age at Time of Disappearance: 26 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; brown eyes. Suffers from eczema.
Dentals: Partial dentals available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: In progress
Circumstances of Disappearance
Blevins was last seen at 1700 Tyvola Road in Charlotte, North Carolina on January 1, 1975. She has not been seen or heard from since. She was most recently entered into NCIC in 2000.

ETA: Another website here shows Priscilla Anne Blevins went missing on July 7, 1975, if this is true then she could be ruled out as being this UID.

ETA: Charley Project has her last seen date as January 1, 1975 http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/blevins_pricilla.html

According to this website: http://curezone.com/dis/1.asp?C0=122 there can be a connection between eczema (which Blevins had) and gallbladder disease (UID).

"Most often, eczema is an allergy reaction to certain substances that are 'foreign' to our bodies."

"If you've developed allergies, you most likely have liver and gall bladder malfunction due to numerous intrahepatic stones and/or gallstones."

BBM

if you are referring to the geocities link, it is no longer active.

No, I'm referring to the link I gave above right here on WS. It may not have been her posting now that I look at it, but it does have Christine's sister's email address link on post #4. I went ahead and emailed the question to her about what type of surgery it was. I have gotten in touch with her before on Classmates.com, I'm not certain if the email link here is a good one, but I'll let you know if I hear back from her.

Here is the response from Christine Eastin's sister, so the scar is indeed from intestinal (colon) surgery, so not spleen surgery, as with this JD. Thanks for looking at Chris though! Chris' Mom passed away a while back, never knowing what happened to her daughter, but as you can see her sister still looks for closure. The additional information here about the surgery being just 3 years prior might just be helpful someday, but I don't know.

"Hi xxxxxx........ my sister's scar was from an intestinal/colon surgery just 3yrs. prior to her disappearance. Thank you for inquiring - someday my prayers will be answered and we'll know what happened to Christy."

Vicki

RKnowley's suggestion, Priscilla Anne Blevins, is one of three rule outs at Namus:

Priscilla Blevins 1948 North Carolina
Mary Trlica 1957 Texas
JOYCE YOST 1946 Utah

This Jane Doe has now been identified as Gloria Stringer from Tennessee

http://www.sealynews.com/news/article_6584f428-59bc-11e1-a265-001871e3ce6c.html

The identity of a young woman found in the Brazos River near Sealy more than 36 years ago is now known.

The Harris County Morgue has identified the woman, whose identity local officials have tried to determine for more than three decades, as Gloria Stringer, a 22-year-old woman originally from Tennessee.

Dennis King, Precinct 4 justice of the peace, was new to his elected position in June 1975 when he was called to the scene on the Brazos River after her body had been discovered by two boys during the early hours of June 7, 1975.

The resemblance is pretty close.

unidentified.jpg
2951980080045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Gloria Stringer's info was not on Namus, was it? In fact, I cannot seem to find anything about her at all except for info as a result of being recently identified. Was she reported missing to law enforcement?

That means there is probably a killer on the loose.

Rest in peace Gloria.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike