TX TX - Gloria Stringer, 22, Texas City, 4 June 1975

This is wonderful news. I hope it will spark some interest in re-opening some of the area's other unsolved murders that have grown so cold.

Rest in Peace, Gloria. :rose:

This is wonderful news. I hope it will spark some interest in re-opening some of the area's other unsolved murders that have grown so cold.

Rest in Peace, Gloria. :rose:

They're looking at her in relation to all the others in that area that went missing in the 70's. The man who helped drag Gloria out of the Brazos River had her body exhumed in 2009 for further testing.

I think about law enforcement like this man and I am renewed in my hope for all the other unsolved cases.

Yes, I read that, vlpate. Gives me hope because I'm sure other Texas LEO's like him are haunted by the mysteries of so many unsolved murders of young women and would welcome the opportunity to re-open the investigations. Unfortunately, many of the detectives who originally worked the older cases are either no longer around or won't be much longer. Time is of the essence.

TX Rio Brazos Jane Doe, 17-25, died June 1975
Jane Doe
Birth: unknown
Death: Jun., 1975
Austin
Travis County
Texas, USA

On June 7, 1975, the body of a female between the ages of 17 to 25 was found floating in the Brazos River. She had blonde hair about 15 inches long. Her fingernails and toenails were well manicuared with a red/dark wine nail polish.

The original autopsy report states the cause of death as asphyxia due to drowning. The decedent had a 5-1/2 inch scar on the upper left quadrant of her abdomen from splenectomy (surgically missing spleen), a large gall stone present and may have been pregnant or given birth at some time.

The body was transported to the Harris County Morgue. It was estimated the body had been in the water for 3 to 4 days and with the existing level and flow of the Brazos, may have come from some distance up river.

Finger prints came up with no match. Leads faded and the body was returned to Austin County and buried in an unmarked grave in Wallis Cemetery.

Finally after 35 years a composite of what she looked like was developed. The picture above is that likeness that was developed.

If you have any information concerning this case or any missing person's case, please contact:
Austin County Sheriffs Office at 979-865-3116,
Justice of the Peace Pct. 4 at 979-478-6723, or
Texas DPS Missing Persons Clearing House at 1-800-346-3243.

Burial:
Wallis Cemetery
Wallis
Austin County
Texas, USA

Find A Grave Memorial# 60806010

Source:

Jane Doe ( - 1975) - Find A Grave Memorial

LINK:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...yrel=all&GSob=n&GSsr=161&GRid=60806010&df=all&

Bumping this old thread up.

It started as an unidentified body case and she was later identified as Gloria Stringer.

Although the cause of death was due to drowning, was possible foul play ruled out?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back