TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is this private property owned by the Adkins family? Is it near his mom's house?

I am beginning to think the scenario you just stated is likely. Here's the thing. They knew DD was staying at a friend's house that night so no one would be home. If anything was done to Hailey on the day of her missing, how would they know DD wouldn't show up at any given time and be caught out?

That's exactly why I think that. If whatever happened happened on Monday night rather than Sunday night, they really couldn't depend on DD not showing up. I truly think the sighting of the neighbor of Hailey on the phone in the back yard is mistaken because BD apparently HAD her phone with her that day. That's another reason I think something happened Sunday night. Hailey didn't need the phone on Monday, so BD took her phone... :( (I don't want to phrase that another way right now...but you all know what I mean, I'm sure.)

Also, not reporting her missing until Tuesday gives them extra time to figure out their story, fill in the holes, etc. Of course, they forgot about cell phone pings apparently.

If by PDF you mean the affidavit, then no, it does not say anything at all about Shawn in the section discussing Billie's failure on the poly. It talks only about Billie in that section.

Here's the affidavit:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/image...edia/dox/pdf/2011_01/HaileyDunnAffidavits.PDF

It is clear to me from the affidavit, as well as Billie's own quoted statement on NG, that Billie failed the poly on her own participation in Hailey's disappearance.

We can certainly agree to disagree.

ETA:

I now see where it says "meaning ADKINS". You may be right. Personally, I think they copy/pasted, and failed to change Adkins to Dunn in that one place. All other references are to Billie.

I don't know how to copy/paste from a PDF (Dum~Dum), but I stand by my opinion that the ADKINS is a typo or a copy/paste failure. The sentences make no SENSE with the name Adkins in there. Clearly, the topic is BD and HER participation in Hailey's disappearance.

When I read this on the original doc, it seemed to me that the name Adkins was a typo. It should have read DUNN, meaning that BD failed the question regarding her involvement in Hailey's disappearance. (I think that was the question.)

Possible. If so, I'm starting to fall off that fence...

In what context did SA say those things about H, re: sex, drugs, etc.?
in the affadavit....
during his interview when asked about Hailey's character... he at first said she was a good kid, good grades, etc.... than later in the interview starts to change his story about her character saying she was promiscuous, sexually active, and into drugs...

out of all people interviewed he was the only one to make such comments except for a cousin and a friend saying she had talked about marijuana before. ((no wonder as her Dad smokes the stuff right?... she possibly could have been exposed to it before))

There's a big difference, to me, between being interested in true crime, and being involved in such things as dressing up and role playing serial killers etc. Huge difference.

Hi, BeanE! :)

I must have missed this part BBM. Can someone explain what this is about?

TIA!

I just want to remind everyone, what searches we have done on our PC's. Imagine if you will what they would find. I am not saying they are innocent, I am just saying......

This is just so sad.

I have been thinking, what type of narcotics are LE referring to?

Marijuana is not a narcotic, but it is classified as a narcotic under state laws.

So, my thought is that they may have been buying pot.

Some may argue that there is no big deal in smoking pot. Personally speaking I used to agree with that argument. But I do know it is highly psycotrophic. Todays pot isn't the same as yesterdays pot. It is mind altering and one could become highly psychologically dependant on it.

My guess would be pain pills, maybe Oxycontin or something like that.

Oh okay, after reading Penelope's post, I remember that the info about the cards missing from the cameras came from a fb page. I too REALLY hope someone gave that info to LE. That is beyond highly suspicious.

On the facebook page, when the missing SD cards were being talked about, it WAS said that LE was aware of it and IIRC they were trying to get a search warrant for the land. Also, IIRC, the land is owned by SA grandmother.

His azz woulda been out of that house after threatening to kill BD and Hailey back in Feb/March - and then he was allowed to move in?

Zahra, Jonathan and now the possiblities surrounding this new information just makes me furious.:furious::furious:

LE will get whomever is responsible for Hailey being missing, I have always had faith in that.

Who deletes information on their cell phone while being interrogated about the phone by the Police?

Someone who has something to hide....

Did Hailey's "knockoff ipod" turn into an MP3 player now? Did LE take and find whatever it is we have been talking about for weeks, and what Billie told her friend was lost and NG said was broken?

Who deletes information on their cell phone while being interrogated about the phone by the Police?

I actually almost laughed when I read that... I mean, really... :doh:

We have numerous threads right here at WS, of numerous scenerios of what happened to the missing, and "if they did this, or that, or I hope they didn't do this or that" to the person in such great detail.

Since I have been a fan of "True Crime" back to my pre teen years, I don't find it odd that there is printed material regarding crimes of any nature. Although I prefer to have books, or a website to read about the crime, but for whatever reason, having the printed material in lieu of a book, might NOT be what it appears to be.

Although, I do find it disturbing especially since there is a missing child.

I agree that it might not be what it appears. If any of us had no computer at home i suspect we would be downloading pages. Actually I have here at home because I don't have a laptop and sometimes want to read true crime stories like in crime library and print them to read on the couch. It doesn't take long to add up to a couple hundred pages, only a few cases would do it.

Someone pointed out the Picton Pig farmer (vancouver case) was one in the affidavit. That story has fascinated me, i have the book, printed pages and an ebook on it. He is worse than bundy imo.

The other part is that i would not necessarily think twice if a partner had the same interest..ok i might think they were a little screwy with the masks stuff but would it occur to any of us that our partner did anything more than share something that we are into?

Even if he threatened me, iwould get the heck out but doubt it would cross my mind that it had anything to do with my hobby since it doesn't make me violent..the opposite actually.

She did tell LE the truth about the drugs. She did tell NG the truth about the poly. She did kick Shawn out.

Those three things make me think she may be guilty of little more than horrific judgement in men and like so many who do drugs, blind to half of what is going on around them. Lousy mom, not an accomplice if that makes sense.

Remember too that for us its a huge shock, all these revelations and bc so many were sure of her innocence, there is anger at the sense of betrayal but it isn't so much anything just discovered except to us.

imo.

That's exactly why I think that. If whatever happened happened on Monday night rather than Sunday night, they really couldn't depend on DD not showing up. I truly think the sighting of the neighbor of Hailey on the phone in the back yard is mistaken because BD apparently HAD her phone with her that day. That's another reason I think something happened Sunday night. Hailey didn't need the phone on Monday, so BD took her phone... :( (I don't want to phrase that another way right now...but you all know what I mean, I'm sure.)

Also, not reporting her missing until Tuesday gives them extra time to figure out their story, fill in the holes, etc. Of course, they forgot about cell phone pings apparently.

But, then again, why was the door locked at 4 pm? (cross examining myself here) If SA was gone for a period of time that day to his mom's house, he had no idea DD would show up during that time and perhaps find evidence of something.

I just want to remind everyone, what searches we have done on our PC's. Imagine if you will what they would find. I am not saying they are innocent, I am just saying......

Here's the difference, I would hope, none of us are going to show up in a probable cause statement for a warrant where a child is missing.

I read on this forum that the trap cameras were on private land owned by SA's family. LE needs probable cause to get a search warrant.

But a crime took place, theft? Does this not matter even if it took place on private property?

The allegation about BD and SA having a fascination with or interest in true crime/mass murders doesn't, in itself, raise a red flag for me. What DOES raise a red flag is that every document listed in the affidavit was printed between 09/01/2010 and 10/05/2010. I've pursued several hobbies in my life, but I don't know that I'd call something that lasted just over 30 days a hobby. It almost appears as if someone might have been looking for something and no more documents were printed after 10/05/2010 because maybe they found what they were looking for. KWIM???

These new revelations are...I don't have the words. Had to take care of things IRL and hadn't checked the news or the threads since late afternoon yesterday. Before seeing all of this today, what set off my hinky meter was BD saying (she thought) she was a wonderful mother. That statement sat wrong with me, and sent up a warning bell. I started chewing on the possibility of family involvement until I could spend some time here. Now this.

I don't like that BD lied about when SA moved in.
Police were called to a domestic dispute on February of 2010 where SA threatened to KILL both Hailey and BD.

BD states on NG that SA only moved in 4 months ago

Why the hell would BD have SA move in after the threats

Now I understand why Hailey was afraid of him...

I'm so heartbroken reading all of this today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member