TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what's up with the shed?

Now into the ninth day of searching, five different agencies and all sorts of tools are being used to help find 13 year old Hailey Dunn.
Texas Rangers have been at the missing Colorado City teen's home all day collecting evidence.
Rangers spent a considerable amount of time collecting evidence from a shed in the home's back yard.http://www.ktxs.com/news/26382529/detail.html

video at this link
Oh, the eff word.

Now into the ninth day of searching, five different agencies and all sorts of tools are being used to help find 13 year old Hailey Dunn.
Texas Rangers have been at the missing Colorado City teen's home all day collecting evidence.
Rangers spent a considerable amount of time collecting evidence from a shed in the home's back yard.
http://www.ktxs.com/news/26382529/detail.html

video at this link

Yeah, that shed thing has my hinky meter going full blast...

<snip>

Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer, speaking on behalf of the Colorado City police, said he was unable to comment on the details of the investigation but said they are becoming more defined.

After a meeting with law enforcement Wednesday afternoon, Kampfer said that Texas Rangers are arriving at a better focus in the case. Kampfer described the investigation as “instead of shooting at a barn side” law enforcement agents are “getting down to the door.”

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/05/colorado-city-turns-out-to-search-for-girl-13/

Didn't a local say there was a DQ and one or two other places, but no real "hang out" per se?

Oh I don't think Shawn would have done that. I was just addressing when Silky said "Not sure how they hide the finances..."

Just a general idea about that post, about the guys who DO pretend to have a job when they don't.

No worries. I wasn't picking on you, just picked your post to quote. :seeya:

Has there been any news reports, especially local ones on the evening news today on any possible outcome for any of the polys?

Rangers spent a considerable amount of time collecting evidence from a shed in the home's back yard.

video at this link

According to this video, school is not due to be back in session until tomorrow.

No one has mentioned a little store in the neighborhood that the kids frequent. Unless I missed it, that seems odd, all kids have a favorite place they go to buy a coke, ice cream, chips or whatever.

Most of the kids go to Sonic or Stipes (use to be Town & Contry) Those would be the closest to her house. The only other convenience stores would be 7-11 or B & B One Stop that is on the North side of I-20.

Or a hangout, abandoned house anywhere where older kids party and drink.
Older kids sometimes hang out at our town and country store..late at night but there really iant a place a kid can hang out...town and country is located east of hickory street..near i20

Please understand the following comment is MHO:

This horrific news we hear about in this day and age makes me feel as though our children may never experience a "safe" environment, regardless of where we live, be it rural, suburbs, or city.

It is my "gut" feeling that Hailey did NOT run away from home; nothing has been stated by anyone close to this precious little girl that would cause one to feel she ran away from home. And if she didn't run away from home, what other "hopeful" option is left? Something happened to this dearly loved child and it truly hurts to verbalize the pondering of my mind. I can't see how it's possible after all these days, to have a positive outcome for this case.:shakehead:

I'm holding on to the hope that she may have been abducted and out there somewhere waiting to be found. I find it sad that this scenario is our best "hope" at the moment. I just don't think she ran away and if she didn't run away...what other options are we left with that could be considered positive?

My thoughts and prayers are with this community and most especially with Hailey, her parents and those that love her dearly.:grouphug:

I will never understand WHY anyone harms another person, let alone precious, innocent children! But every time I think, "What is wrong with this world"? I think of all the fabulous, selfless people here on WS who are trying their best to help others and make this world a safer place for ALL our munchkins! MY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!

Sorry for the rant!:panic::tears:

~Mish

Photo of the shed that is being searched...
HDunnShed-1.jpg

Incidentally, it appears that this same shed has been there at least since Google Street View was updated.

Does that pic blow the margins? If so, let me know and I will reduce it.

Dang....what's up with the shed? Are LE still there? What time was that last report? Looked like it was getting dark...

video at this link

omg this is not good.

Good questions BB!

I am wondering if any locals would be willing to take some photos of of areas, like the field between Hailey's parents' houses and the road to MB's house, the hotel area and other significant locations.

This has been done for other cases and has proved quite helpful, especially for us outsiders, in understanding the area and how it appeared around the time a person went missing. I have been using Google Street view a lot, but it just doesn't provide a current view of the area, as it has been a while since it was updated. Anyway, that is just a thought...a request actually, if anyone is willing and able.

It probably looks the same... LOl. The lot is just that... a lot more like the size of a block though. Without anywhere to hide anything bigger than a rock. The area around the motel looks the same.

Honestly, in my opinion I think TDCJ may have been asked to search that area next to the prisons to rule out that area, as well as, to pacify the public.

There is one area that I would like mapped... Colorado City to Snyder (CR208) - Snyder to Big Spring (350) - Big spring to Colorado City(IH20).

it is further enlightening that this search was not a once over and also evidence has been collected. Says a whole bunch to me. This wasn't a hair brush/tooth brush visit to the house imhoo and I still hazzard my humble opinionated guess that a sw was involved

If it does so happen that SA is involved, I hope someone prepares the mom. I think she's gonna fall hard, if that's the case. :(

Yeah is there anyway you can make that picture smaller it is stretching out my screen. Maybe put it as a thumbnail or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg