TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could see shades of that in Billies explanation of Hailey's relationship with SA. [ paraphrasing here]

They got along fine, they joked around a lot, and she got to the point where she could ask him for 10 bucks, instead of asking me to ask him.

That is pretty close to verbatim, but I will go search for it to verify.

But my point is that RED FLAGS came up for me when I read that for two reasons. One was the 'joking around a lot.' I had read a few witnesses who said she hated SA and was afraid of him. So to me, the joking around sounded like what many abusers to do their victims. My uncle used to hold me down and tickle me really hard and for so long I would almost wet my pants. I would be in tears when he stopped. For him it was a power thing. He could grab me and hold me down, wrestle with me, IN FRONT OF MY FAMILY, and show me he was in control.
Also, the money thing really bothers me. She should NEVER have been reliant upon him for her 10 dollars of spending money. Why would bIllie even say that as her example. Was she expecting HER daughter to have to ask her 25 yr old boyfriend for lunch money?

Yep, the ten dollar thing gives me the creeps, and makes me so sad for Hailey. How humiliating. jmo

Okay guys. There was an interview from CD done on a site that isn't allowed on WS. PLEASE stop posting about it here. I have to go to work today and if you guys don't drive the mods crazy with it during the day, I'll open and moderate a thread in the PL about it when I get home this evening. Does that sound like a deal? This isn't usually allowed, but I know you guys want to talk about it.

I'll open the link up for a few hours tonight so you guys can brainstorm. But if everyone drives the mods crazy about it today while I'm gone, I'm not going to do it cuz they'll put me on a TO. :floorlaugh:

If you want to do this, please thank this post.

ETA: In the meantime, remember we have a chat room and I think Chico will allow discussion about the interview there during the day too.

ETA#2: If someone comes on during the day and posts about the site, bump this post for them so they can delete their post right away. I'll see you guys tonight! Don't blow it! :kimsterwink:

WoW, I am so out of the loop, where is the chat room?

Yes..there is an ice chest (medium size) in front of that front door.

Hi Redcat,
Can you tell if the house was a duplex converted into a single home or is it still a duplex?
TIA

BBM

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=336996

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer confirmed Monday Billie Dunn has been ruled out as a person of interest in her daughter's disappearance.

This seems pretty clear and straightforward to me.

And in the same report Kampfer also said...
"Kampfer said he will not comment on persons of interest other than Shawn Adkins as not to jeopardize the investigation."

Sounds kinda confusing or contradictory to me.

BBM

It would seem that any home deemed UNSAFE for reasons that are preventable would therefore also be UNFIT, or that whoever is responsible for maintaining the home environment in an UNSAFE condition is therefore UNFIT as a responsible parent.

I really hate saying that, as I do feel compassion for Billie in her situation. I feel pretty sure, no matter what the glitches were in her life/mothering, she never thought they would cause the death (or disappearance) of her child. It's too late now to go back and make different choices, which is terribly sad. I wonder, if she were asked, what she would do differently, if anything. THAT answer right there might tell us a great deal about what she 'knows' or strongly suspects without having to deal with it in a direct way.

She was asked ...

Beau Berman: Do you ever think back to December 27th and kind of retrace through your mind and just think "what if"?

Billie Jean Dunn: "Yeah, all the time. I wish I wouldn't have gone to work that day. I wish I would have called her that night".

Beau Berman: So many what ifs?

Billie Jean Dunn: Yeah. I just decided as long as I can believe Hailey's alive and can come home safe, I'm going to’ believe that".

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23579

Dr. Chat room link.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68121"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Good afternoon-I'm new to this, but a different angle on the above info at the PC that BD gave.

SA left for work from CC at 5:30AM. He arrived at his employment at 6AM, quit his job and left at 6:10AM. He then went to his grandmother's house in Dunn. No one was home so he went to Big Spring via CC to get onto I-20. BD leaves for work at 6:30AM.

I think BD worked at Cogdell Memorial Hospital in Snyder. That would take her up the same 2 lane highway SA is coming back down at the same time she is going up it. I think she would have recognized her car coming at her that morning and saw SA coming home. They should have passed each other. Does anyone else find this odd that they have never mentioned they saw each other? This is a narrow 2 lane highway that is probably not heavily traveled at that time of the morning. JMOO

Welcome nannymo!

I just did a little map research on Google.

Billie leaves home at 6:30
She's on Hwy 208 from 6:32 to 6:55 (assuming they're doing the speed limit) and at her desk at Cogdell Memorial in Snyder by about 7 a.m.

Shawn leaves Weaver Pipeline Services in Snyder at 6:10

He's on Hwy 208 from about 6:15 to 6:35 p.m. when he gets back to CC city (assuming he's doing the speed limit)

Hwy 208 is the direct route for both of them. If both cars were doing the speed limit, they would have crossed paths when he was just getting off the 208 and Billie was getting on it. If he was driving much faster than the speed limit, I suppose he could have stopped at his grandma's in Dunn, knocked for a very short time, and gotten gotten off the 208 at around 6:30, just a minute or two before he would have passed Billie. But, he has to be near Billie's in CC from 6:35 to 6:56 per cell phone pings that hit off the same phone as Billie's house.

So, if he just exited the 208 onto the I-20 and drove straight through CC, what took him 21 minutes to get out of the CC cell tower range? I can't imagine he would be pinging off that same CC tower for 21 minutes headed down I-20 to Big Spring?. CC is a small city from what I understand, so it shouldn't be more than several minutes before he'd be out of that cell radius (I assume?). I think he had to have been doing something in CC for at least 10 minutes..

So, really, Billie's time line for SA on 12/27 a.m. is implausible to me when you consider the cell pings.

Note: I think tehcloser did something similar and more refined a few days ago when I was on and off the board. I'm gonna see if I can find her post for my own reference.

(my times are based on speed limits used for Google driving directions, so they're approximations only since we don't know how fast they were driving or if there was any traffic).

Welcome nannymo!

I just did a little map research on Google.

Billie leaves home at 6:30
She's on Hwy 208 from 6:32 to 6:55 (assuming they're doing the speed limit) and at her desk at Cogdell Memorial in Snyder by about 7 a.m.

Shawn leaves Weaver Pipeline Services in Snyder at 6:10

He's on Hwy 208 from about 6:15 to 6:35 p.m. when he gets back to CC city (assuming he's doing the speed limit)

Hwy 208 is the direct route for both of them. If both cars were doing the speed limit, they would have crossed paths when he was just getting off the 208 and Billie was getting on it. If he was driving much faster than the speed limit, I suppose he could have stopped at his grandma's in Dunn, knocked for a very short time, and gotten gotten off the 208 at around 6:30, just a minute or two before he would have passed Billie. But, he has to be near Billie's in CC from 6:35 to 6:56 per cell phone pings that hit off the same phone as Billie's house.

So, if he just exited the 208 onto the I-20 and drove straight through CC, what took him 21 minutes to get out of the CC cell tower range? I can't imagine he would be pinging off that same CC tower for 21 minutes headed down I-20 to Big Spring?. CC is a small city from what I understand, so it shouldn't be more than several minutes before he'd be out of that cell radius (I assume?). I think he had to have been doing something in CC for at least 10 minutes..

So, really, Billie's time line for SA on 12/27 a.m. is implausible to me when you consider the cell pings.

Note: I think tehcloser did something similar and more refined a few days ago when I was on and off the board. I'm gonna see if I can find her post for my own reference.

(my times are based on speed limits used for Google driving directions, so they're approximations only since we don't know how fast they were driving or if there was any traffic).

I think I just had a flashback to my SAT exams:great:

I think I just had a flashback to my SAT exams:great:

You ain't kidding!!

Weird thing is, if SA didn't start pinging off CC tower until 6:35, he almost had to pass Billie on the 208 if she left at 6:30 and was at work on time.

IDK, too much number crunching for a Saturday.:crazy:

Originally Posted by grandmaj
I'm seeing questions about sleuthing. Let me try to explain.

Persons named as a POI or Suspect are fully sleuthable.
Minors are never sleuthable. When copying a quote from MSM we even change minor's names to initials only.
Everyone else. You can discuss what they have said in media appearances, what the news has quoted them as saying, and their actions as reported in the news. We don't get into their personal lives, accuse them, discuss their background unless it is in MSM. Only discuss them so far as what MSM is reporting.

I hope this helps simplify sleuthing. I don't know too many people who don't have a skeleton or two in their closet. Just because they are related to, or somehow associated to a case like this, we can't destroy their reputation. Sometimes these associates or relatives move from this category to POI. Then the rules of sleuthing change.
If you have questions drop a Moderator a PM and then you will know you are on safe ground before posting.
Carry ON. Hailey.

:bump:

Staying with an uncle is not being in "protective custody".

Dr. Fessel: You can't be in protective custody with a state-approved legal guardian providing said custody?

You ain't kidding!!

Weird thing is, if SA didn't start pinging off CC tower until 6:35, he almost had to pass Billie on the 208 if she left at 6:30 and was at work on time.

Unless he took a back road. He grew up in this area and is fully aware of all the backroads, dirtroads etc. He and his family liked to hunt, own land and know the area well. Sometimes backroads can get you to your destination faster than the main highways. Just sayin

Unless he took a back road. He grew up in this area and is fully aware of all the backroads, dirtroads etc. He and his family liked to hunt, own land and know the area well. Sometimes backroads can get you to your destination faster than the main highways. Just sayin

Exactly, which is the main reason I don't see him coming back to C.City to go to B.Springs. If he was not going to stop at the house for anything he would have went another way. IMO.

Swedie, I really liked your post, was having trouble snipping it, so here is my reply.

I do not know what happened to Hailey, but as for reporting her missing that's exactly what I think. I think BD had her son call Hailey home so she could "find out" she was missing and take the necessary measures, and then tried to get Clint to call the PD because she was jumping right on it, as a good mother would be expected too.

You ain't kidding!!

OT alert..........funny....reminds me of logic problems that I used to hate but lately have begun to like....the one about a train going x amount of speed and another train going y amount of speed and what time will it arrive?
I used to joke about that saying "who are these people and why do we care what time their trains arrive?" lol

But now I have learned those are legitimate questions especially when somebody is missing.

so where is Hailey and where are the investigators at in her case? amazing! shades of the Kayleah Wilson case to me... moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname