TX - Hanna Mack, 6, raped & murdered, Navarro Mills, 10 Sept 2007

Okay, that's what I thought.

That's why this thread is making my head spin right now... I am not used to this from posters on Websleuths. In NO WAY am I defending this guy, IMO just the child *advertiser censored* is enough to lock him up for life, but it's been a long time since I've seen everyone so collectively jump on a 'person of interest' because apparently everyone thinks he got arrested for what happened to the girl.... which he didn't (get arrested for). Yet. Eh, never mind....

Yes, he has been arrested in connection with the murder of Hanna.

http://www.wfaa.com/

I guess because I have read about so many of these cases on here and other places I have developed a shortsightedness. I realize he hasn't been charged in association with her case yet...but he is the most viable suspect, imo.

My money is on this guy for it.

Gabby-
You must be heartsick to hear all these details. Sorry about that.

Three of my grandchildren lived less than a mile from where this happened. They only moved in August to another home. It could have so easily have been one of them.....

No, he hasn't been arrested for her murder yet... But, that "blurb" is very misleading until you actually read the article. If you click on the headline your link takes you to and read the article, it clearly states:

"Anders, 32, was arrested for the unlawful possession of child *advertiser censored*, a third-degree felony, Cox said. "

and

""He remains in the Navarro County Jail and is the current primary suspect in the sexual assault and murder of Hanna Mack," Cox said."

From that link:

Anders was being held on child *advertiser censored* charges, but Navarro County Sheriff's Department Chief Deputy Mike Cox said he "is the current primary suspect in the sexual assault and murder of Hanna Mack."

They nabbed him on something else, he is NOT arrested for her sexual assault and/or her murder. Just a ways to keep him there while they check him out further.

I'm not saying he probably didn't do it. Just that I was surprised by the turn this thread took.... not surprised at the outrage either, but it's like everyone missed that he is only a 'primary suspect' and isn't charged with anything in relation to Hanna yet. I'm not used to that happening here. :)

Yes, I can see that. Since her teacher had reported an earlier suspected sexual abuse, he probably has been doing this for some time. Well, I guess I shouldn't assume. Do we know how long they've been "dating"????

Jenna. IF and I think it's probably true that her teacher reported earlier sexual abuse, wouldn't that have been told to her mother? AND...did nobody, mom..........do anything about it? It's true that we don't know how long they'd been to together but Gabby said 'One year"........

This is one the worst murders I've ever seen.

Gabby......thank's so much for up-dates. You must be so shocked....happening so close to your home..........and RIGHT ACROSS the from the school she attended!

xxxoooo
mama
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Jenna. IF and I think it's probably true that her teacher reported earlier sexual abuse, wouldn't that have been told to her mother? AND...did nobody, mom..........do anything about it? It's true that we don't know how long they'd been to together but Gabby said 'One year"........

This is one the worst murders I've ever seen.

Gabby......thank's so much for up-dates. You must be so shocked....happening so close to your home..........and RIGHT ACROSS the from the school she attended!

xxxoooo
mama

Anytime something like this happens especially with a small child, it makes me sick, but this is VERY close to home.. and it hurts.

I personally don't think we're jumping to conclusions here. LE is "eagerly awaiting " forensics. The suspect is the live-in boyfriend, which afforded him opportunity. He has child *advertiser censored* on his computer, indicating an interest in child sex, which goes to motive. We ALL know how often mamas' live-ins are implicated in crimes against their children. Statistics are not on his side. LE knows Alders is the perp; they just have to await evidence from the crime lab. Then he'll be officially charged. We here at Websleuths have seen these cases time and time again. We know what the outcome will be. There is always a tiny chance everyone is wrong, but I think when the forensics come in we'll be proven right.

I like the way these Texans think. They don't put up with s#$t, and they don't put up with crimes against their children. My bet is he'll have a new home on Death Row.

Anytime something like this happens especially with a small child, it makes me sick, but this is VERY close to home.. and it hurts.

I know what you mean Gabby, about 3 yrs ago a neighbor shot and killed his wife and two children. My close friend lived next door and heard the shots but thought it was something else coming from their TV. Kid's were about 8 and 11. Just sickening. He also killed himself! Every dang time I pass this house I just cringe!

xxxxxxooooo
mama

This info really humanizes Hanna:

Hanna was a "girly girl" who loved dolls, putting on jewelry and wearing a tiara while playing princess. But she wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty helping her grandfather tend to the chickens on his farm.
Ms. Runion declined to talk about the circumstances of Hanna's death.
"We have decided that as a family this week we are focused on Hanna and her funeral and getting through this," she said. "Next week we'll probably focus on being angry and trying to figure out what happened. But we can't deal with that right now. We're too physically and emotionally drained."
Recently, Hanna was thrilled about two big events: starting the first grade and getting the training wheels off of her bicycle. She was especially excited about school because she loved books and could see her friends, her grandmother said.
Hanna's name appeared at least four times last year in the Corsicana Daily Sun for making the honor roll at Blooming Grove Elementary.
But as far as the future, "all she really talked about was she wanted to be a princess," Ms. Runion said, adding that Hanna will be buried in a frilly purple-and-white dress and her tiara.
Dana Mack's co-worker Nikki Watson said Ms. Mack appeared friendly and eager to help and was active at First Baptist Church in Blooming Grove. The 23-year-old mother of one spoke to Ms. Mack at the cafe after she had discovered Hanna's body.
"She doesn't know" what happened, Ms. Watson said.
Another co-worker, Teresa Dunston, said Ms. Mack would always leave work to meet her children when they got off the school bus each afternoon.
Tanya Arnett, whose 6-year-old son, Hunter, attended school with Hanna, said she remembers seeing Ms. Mack with a black eye not long ago. She never asked what happened and Ms. Mack never volunteered, she said.
Liles Arnold, a member of the Texas Council on Sex Offender Treatment, said the type of violent sex crime that apparently occurred is unusual. "The majority of sex offenses are perpetrated by friends, family members, people that the child is familiar with and they don't have this kind of violent turn."
Most sex offenders have boundaries that preclude physical violence such as hanging, he said.
According to FBI typology, the perpetrator may fall into the category of "the morally indiscriminate child molester," an antisocial abuser who chooses a victim on the basis of vulnerability.

Breaks my heart.....

I personally don't think we're jumping to conclusions here. LE is "eagerly awaiting " forensics. The suspect is the live-in boyfriend, which afforded him opportunity. He has child *advertiser censored* on his computer, indicating an interest in child sex, which goes to motive. We ALL know how often mamas' live-ins are implicated in crimes against their children. Statistics are not on his side. LE knows Alders is the perp; they just have to await evidence from the crime lab. Then he'll be officially charged. We here at Websleuths have seen these cases time and time again. We know what the outcome will be. There is always a tiny chance everyone is wrong, but I think when the forensics come in we'll be proven right.

I like the way these Texans think. They don't put up with s#$t, and they don't put up with crimes against their children. My bet is he'll have a new home on Death Row.

IF he makes it to death row. A few years back a man with the last name Zoch, murdered his stepdaughter after raping her.. The day he was to start trial, he hung himself in the Navarro County Jail, like the coward he was. It is mentioned in the article below.

http://www.corsicanadailysun.com/homepage/local_story_255112026.html?keyword=leadpicturestory

Mr. Anders is a convenience store clerk, according to an arrest report. He has not been charged with the murder.

and

Hanna's mother, Dana Mack, worked as a dishwasher at the Navarro Mills Café. She had moved to town a few months ago and lived with Hanna, two older daughters and a boyfriend in a two-story pale yellow house. Hanna had just entered first grade at nearby Blooming Grove Elementary School.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/091407dnmetnavarro.cd5254a9.html

Although sheriff's deputies have not charged Anders in the death of Hanna Mack, they did identify him as a primary suspect, Chief Deputy Mike Cox said Thursday.

"I can't go into the details, but we're eagerly awaiting lab results," Cox said.

Anders, 32, is a clerk at an E-Z Mart gas station and convenience store, according to his arrest report. He is married, but not to Hanna's mother.

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_story_256124550.html

A sadistic killer and a child molester, to me, seem like two completely different animals. I can't see how can one person harbor TWO heinous afflictions.

Have you forgotten about Couey and Duncan and so many others?

This is from SouthernGirl's post:

Liles Arnold, a member of the Texas Council on Sex Offender Treatment, said the type of violent sex crime that apparently occurred is unusual. "The majority of sex offenses are perpetrated by friends, family members, people that the child is familiar with and they don't have this kind of violent turn."
Most sex offenders have boundaries that preclude physical violence such as hanging, he said.

According to FBI typology, the perpetrator may fall into the category of "the morally indiscriminate child molester," an antisocial abuser who chooses a victim on the basis of vulnerability.

This info really humanizes Hanna:

Hanna was a "girly girl" who loved dolls, putting on jewelry and wearing a tiara while playing princess. But she wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty helping her grandfather tend to the chickens on his farm.
Ms. Runion declined to talk about the circumstances of Hanna's death.
"We have decided that as a family this week we are focused on Hanna and her funeral and getting through this," she said. "Next week we'll probably focus on being angry and trying to figure out what happened. But we can't deal with that right now. We're too physically and emotionally drained."
Recently, Hanna was thrilled about two big events: starting the first grade and getting the training wheels off of her bicycle. She was especially excited about school because she loved books and could see her friends, her grandmother said.
Hanna's name appeared at least four times last year in the Corsicana Daily Sun for making the honor roll at Blooming Grove Elementary.
But as far as the future, "all she really talked about was she wanted to be a princess," Ms. Runion said, adding that Hanna will be buried in a frilly purple-and-white dress and her tiara.
Dana Mack's co-worker Nikki Watson said Ms. Mack appeared friendly and eager to help and was active at First Baptist Church in Blooming Grove. The 23-year-old mother of one spoke to Ms. Mack at the cafe after she had discovered Hanna's body.
"She doesn't know" what happened, Ms. Watson said.
Another co-worker, Teresa Dunston, said Ms. Mack would always leave work to meet her children when they got off the school bus each afternoon.
Tanya Arnett, whose 6-year-old son, Hunter, attended school with Hanna, said she remembers seeing Ms. Mack with a black eye not long ago. She never asked what happened and Ms. Mack never volunteered, she said.

Breaks my heart.....
Gabby- any chance you can verify there was physical abuse, thru your boss?

Oh, It is so heartwrenching to know how excited she was about school and her biggest worry was getting her training wheels off her bike just a few short days ago. Her dreams of becoming a princess dashed by an evil, dispicable SOB for no other reason than his perversion.

It does humanize it for me...it makes me wish I could be the one giving him the lethal injection and for an added twist...an airbubble inside it. The DP is far too kind! They don't suffer and they should. A slow, painful, agonizing death is more appropriate for someone who does this to a child than simply going to sleep. Grrrrrr!!!

This story just makes me cry so hard for what that poor girl went through.

Gabby- I know how you feel. There was a highly publicized murder case on here not long ago where I know the family members well. I met and was talking to the murderer for awhile at the wedding reception and his wife. Its very surreal and changes everything. I had to take a break from the information on it and from websleuths it was just too much for me to handle at the time.

Sherri79, it is all so complicated! I have a 7 year old daughter, and 18 year old daughter, and have been married for almost 28 years.....to the same man. Go figure - I have the patience of Job. Anyway, my 7 year old has a "best friend" who is 8 years old. The best friend's Mother also has a child under 1 year old by a totally different father, who is no longer in the picuture. We have only known this "best friend" for six months. The mother is a very young, sweet young girl. During the six months that I have known her, however, my daughter has met the biological father, and at least two boyfriends. I am very uncomfortable with my daughter going for a sleep-over at her friend's house. In fact, I am uncomfortable with her going over there. The other little girl has spent numerous entire weekends at my house, but it gets awkward because they want to spend time at the other girl's house. With the instability, and so many men in the picture that I have not had time to fingerprint and do background checks on, there is no way in heck that my daughter is going to spend the night. No way.

Reannan, Sorry I am bit late to comment on your post, but you are being very smart about your daughter and it's not just boyfriends. When I was younger, my parents allowed me to sleep-over certain friends houses...there was one particular friend that they did not allow me to sleep over there because they didn't really see the father around at all and for some reason they were suspicious of him. I thought they were crazy at the time.

Anyhow, I grew up and went away to school. One of my best friends in graduate school found out that when she was in college her father had been arrested and pled guilty to molesting two of her younger sister friends during a sleepover - each on separate occasions. This occured years before when the girl were in middle school, but the two victims when they were in high school talked to each other about what happened to them. Because he had no record, he was not sentenced to jail and her parents kept is a secret so she never found out...until someone found her father on the child predator registry. My point is that at that point it really became clear to me what my parents were concerned about...this was a good family by all appearances. I would still say that the family is still a good family, but with one bad seed. So now that I am pregnant, I am pretty certain that my children will never do sleepovers. Again, live-in boyfriends and stepfathers can be more common, but it could be fathers or older siblings....you never know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motherrunner
Back