TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, where was little sweet unsuspecting baby Margo during this 'recovery' process?

Since MF was not a real mother per se, I would not doubt if she had just left the baby in a crib and left her unattended for hours at a time while MF made a "body snatch" run to put HB back into her trunk (from wherever it was originally dumped).

Just guessing of course. I hope we do learn of more specifics of when exactly HB was placed in that trunk.

they had heard of her but did not consider her a suspect, imo. Not enough to visit her or get a warrant for her phone. All moo per AA
Quoting myself, #30 of AA does confirm SC was the person to provide MF’s number to FBI. Furthermore, Dec.18 the FBI agent opened his search of MF. upload_2020-1-8_14-47-6.png

Since MF was not a real mother per se, I would not doubt if she had just left the baby in a crib and left her unattended for hours at a time while MF made a "body snatch" run to put HB back into her trunk (from wherever it was originally dumped).

Just guessing of course. I hope we do learn of more specifics of when exactly HB was placed in that trunk.
my feeling is that she was in the trunk for the duration.. but, babies sleep, sometimes for long periods, they generally do not object to strong smells either. She had time to do what you suggest, just like she had time to push that car over a cliff and report it missing... did she lapse into some kind of a fugue following the death of Heidi? Did she neglect herself? Did she merely concentrate on caring for the baby?

Right, I see it the same, ty. Iirc SC provided LE MF’s phone number, per AA, so they were not concerned with her until late 12-18 & 12-19, no reason to suspect HB’s best friend, a new mom herself. Moo
If the video shows HB got in the car voluntarily and it was her best friend, it could lend credence to her leaving voluntarily too. And throw suspicions on SC totally. jmo

Misquote on my part, NOT "it's complicated" but refusal to provide more info due to "case complexity." My bad, thanks for calling me out :)

"Texas prosecutors are not required to provide Defense Counsel with all of the actual case evidence until the felony is indicted by a grand jury, which could be months away. However, Travis County has maintained a policy to provide pre-indictment discovery/evidence to the Defense team (see: Defense Attorney Information under 'Things To Be Aware Of' drop down list #7). We have asked they comply with their policy, but prosecutors have now refused, citing case complexity."

Full article here:
Austin mom killing: What may have happened before Heidi Broussard's death

Ah! Thank you! :) Good old drop down #7! Case complexity is right - yowza.

Did she merely concentrate on caring for the baby?
as well as many internet searches, lol. I think her priority was to make CG fall in love with fatherhood. She might have felt she deserved nothing less after pulling off such a heinous crime. Imo, he’s lucky he’s alive......JS. Moo

It seemed that up until the point that MF's property was being stormed by police, those who knew her seemed to have no issue with the parallel pregnancies of the 'besties', and intentions of MF. When LE got to the property, I believe the thing that grabbed them right away was the smell of decomp. But if there had been no body, no suspicious (to police) parking of MF's vehicle to be hidden from public view, no suspicion from SC about MF's intentions or pregnancy/childbirth, no suspicion from 'Luna-Mae's' father.. would police have even been able to secure search warrants to ask for MF's prenatal records, birthing records, etc? Would they have even bothered to check BabyMargo's DNA, since apparently everyone and their brothers were satisfied that MF had her own baby? Without the body, would police have come to have been satisfied with the explanation which seemingly all those who knew MF seemed satisfied with? We are seeing all of this after the fact, after a body *was* found in her yard, in her vehicle, but I'm wondering if without the body, if it could've possibly ended up being brushed off as some random sexual deviant stealing the mom and her newborn as she went to fetch her purse out of her car, or something.

(Even the old camp-friend Caressa Nolte who was being interviewed on the Jay if for Justice blog as the situation on Bo Jack was unfolding had no qualms about believing the two were best friends and their babies were born at same time, and it is said that this Caressa person had not maintained her friendship with MF - so even MF's potential detractors seemed to believe her story, even after HB was missing for days.)

I think LE would have been suspicious after seeing the video of HB getting into the vehicle with a woman who looked like MF---especially after seeing they had spoken on the phone around same time.

At that point, hearing that MF had a brand new baby at home, would have been something LE would have wanted to check out, since Baby M was still missing.

Normally, it is very easy to verify the identity of a newborn. Every infant has a paper trail, even if birthed at home. There would be some prenatal medical records and the birth certificate, that every newborn is granted. It would have taken detectives about 5 minutes to figure out that Baby Luna had none of the above. She couldn't even tell them the name of the Birthing Center. Major Red Flags right there.

And that's ^^^^all they would have needed to get warrants for more info. JMO

As for the alleged father of the baby, even if he wasn't suspicious--if LE had spoken too him, they would have asked if he went to any prenatal appointments or attended the birth. Even if he wasn't suspicious, the cops would have been when he told them he had not involvement at all in the prenatal process and was kept out of the loop during the birth. JMO

Last edited:
Sounding off here....and I apologize in advance for this rant.

I am going back and forth between being grateful that they arrested MF within a week of the abduction/murder and being frustrated that it didn't happen sooner and wondering if HB could have been spared the indignity of staying in a trunk for 7 days (if she was there the entire time.)

If, in fact, they did get phone records very quickly (within 18 hours or so) then they would see that one of the last people that HB spoke with was MF. If MF had been a male friend, would they have done more digging sooner?

Logic dictates that they would dig into MF as much as possible (asking SC questions, checking to see if she had a record...etc.) As soon as they heard that MF had a baby that was due the same day as HF and that MF had been one of the only other people in the delivery room when MC was born, why the heck didn't they go deep on this lead immediately?

They had her phone # obviously, since Tim Miller from TE had no trouble chatting with her for 45 minutes over the phone. Why not visit her in person immediately to conduct an interview with HB's so-called 'best friend' who supposedly 'just had a baby' and may be able to offer insight into her disappearance being the last person who spoke with her?

Normally I am one who fully supports all of the efforts of LE in 90% of cases, but in this case, unless we are missing a big piece of the puzzle (which is very possible) I cannot fathom why they didn't speak to MF in person within 48 hours.
Am I missing something?

JMO
I think they spent most of the first 48 hours trying to clear Shane. And that makes sense. It had to be done,

They got on to the real suspect pretty quickly. And in reality, they wouldn't have been able to save HB anyway. She was gone before anyone even knew she was missing. :(

dbm

Last edited:
I think they spent most of the first 48 hours trying to clear Shane. And that makes sense. It had to be done,

They got on to the real suspect pretty quickly. And in reality, they wouldn't have been able to save HB anyway. She was gone before anyone even knew she was missing. :(

6 days is quite fast. Thankfully one apartment resident was able to provide cam footage. That was the key to matching HB to MF, imo

This is my feeling of the timing. I could obviously be wrong.

I imagine LE questioned Shane about MF and Heidi’s other friends early on. I don’t think they completely narrowed in on MF until they got the witness report of Heidi greeting a female and entering the backseat of a car willingly. (Witness spoken to on 18th?) My guess is that report led them to focus on female friends, and it gave them a time and a description of a vehicle to be looking for on any video surveillance captured in or around the apartment complex that morning.

From there, the wheels got spinning quickly.

MOO

* edited to add, sorry to be redundant. I hadn’t read previous posts yet to see that several had posted similarly.

My guess is that after talking to the witness, LE immediately asked SC if he knew of any of HB's acquaintances that drove a small silver four door sedan, and he replied to the effect that MF did, but she is HB's best friend and would never hurt her.
My further speculation is that LE didn't necessarily believe SC's assessment, but began checking out MF, with high priority. JMO

Someone brought up a really good point on the last thread and wanted to mention it here as I think it rings true.

There was mention that LE found out that MF was searching on the internet for "bodies found" and so its possible she did dump HB body somewhere shortly after she took the baby the very morning HB disappeared. Maybe what happened is she began to panic that if LE found HB body, they would tie her back to the crime somehow so MF may have gone back with a duffel bag to pick up the body and put it in the trunk until she could figure out a better place to get rid of it. That could explain why she still had the body in the trunk.
That has been my thought exactly.

He may have detected some smell but likely thought it was coming from somewhere else, like a neighbor's or something like that.

True, and in my neck of the woods, it is not unusual for men living in a subdivision to go straight in the house, watch tv, eat, surf, etc. moo
Also, the odor was prob’ slight the first few days, moo.
Idk I am speculating that CG looked forward to MF moving. Jmo

--LE did not request or make an in-person visit to MF to interview her (and get a feel for her reaction) regarding her good friend's disappearance; per Tim Miller's interview.
She did however speak with LE, she called them if I recall. (Remember, she was calling anyone and everyone....). Even when she talked to Miller the day before, LE was actually on to her already as they had a helicopter fly over the house the day before (which is when they first spotted the car parked weirdly in the back yard).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon