TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone brought up a really good point on the last thread and wanted to mention it here as I think it rings true.

There was mention that LE found out that MF was searching on the internet for "bodies found" and so its possible she did dump HB body somewhere shortly after she took the baby the very morning HB disappeared. Maybe what happened is she began to panic that if LE found HB body, they would tie her back to the crime somehow so MF may have gone back with a duffel bag to pick up the body and put it in the trunk until she could figure out a better place to get rid of it. That could explain why she still had the body in the trunk.

Could be. Or if she had an accomplice, they could have returned picking up HB’s remains & delivering to Bo Jack.
Like “this is your prob, figure it out.....”
Especially if HB’s murder took place at an accomplice’s house. All speculation, moo, etc.

She did however speak with LE, she called them if I recall. (Remember, she was calling anyone and everyone....). Even when she talked to Miller the day before, LE was actually on to her already as they had a helicopter fly over the house the day before (which is when they first spotted the car parked weirdly in the back yard).

On 12/18? Tysm

When HB first went missing, here on WS I believe we had some of us asking the very question about who HB may have known that all of a sudden has a baby too. I hope I am remember this correctly but I believe we discussed that here very quickly as soon as we knew HB was missing with her newborn. A lot of us knew of the other horrible cases and especially the one in Missouri where the sick murderer literally cut out the baby from the mother.

So it is a little surprising to me that SC and HB's close friends did not suspect MF at all apparantly. I have to think I would have suspected ANYONE that happened to have a newborn and knew HB. Especially someone as close as MF knew her. Maybe the long-term friendship they had of about 10 years really threw everyone off because that part is very unusual that a long time friend would turn on her like that.

I agree with others that LE probably suspected MF sooner than it looks right now based on affidavit alone.

I think sometimes if LE suspects someone they will sometime try to build their case without letting the person know they have them in their cross hairs. Especially since the missing child and mother's safety was still not established. So LE may have not wanted to tip her off by hauling her in right away for questioning until they dug up more on their own first.

I wanna know if the beach cousin was ever located?

SBM

I want to know about that, too, because when these types of "people" are spinning their BS, little bits of truth often gets mixed in. There remains this question about if MF had a second person (driver) when the kidnapping took place and it makes me wonder...

Could be. Or if she had an accomplice, they could have returned picking up HB’s remains & delivering to Bo Jack.
Like “this is your prob, figure it out.....”
Especially if HB’s murder took place at an accomplice’s house. All speculation, moo, etc.
The only thing about this that I keep wondering is wouldn’t they have her phone data travel records like how they knew she was in Austin and be able to check places she may have traveled to? I kept also thinking maybe the night of the 12th after she abducted Heidi, she went to a hotel, killed her there, then loaded her into the back of the car in the duffel bag. BUT I’m thinking if that was the case, police would be able to tell where she was based on her phone records and would have checked it out.

What are different ways to immobilize someone in your backseat?
a. chloroform
b. needle
c. clock them hard in the head
(I think Frazee thought one hit would do the trick, but movies aren't like real life).
d. what about a stun gun??

HB willingly greeted MF as soon as MF got out of the car.
HB willing hopped in the backseat.
HB willing let MF shut the door.
Sounds prearranged, or at least in those 15 minutes or so prior.

Others have said:
They were headed to the mail box.
They were headed to a better parking spot.
They were headed to the office for an application for MF.

I feel the last one is more likely, but any of the scenarios fit. The point is HB went willingly knowing it was going to be a quick jaunt, for the fact that she only took her phone and keys.

Once BH was in the car could it have been as simple as MF saying "I know I know I know we're supposed to go to the office, but that's not what we're really doing. I promise it'll take 15 minutes but I have a surprise for you!!! I have a wonderful wonderful surprise for you, just hang on, just trust me this is going to be awesome."

They drive to somewhere secluded, an alley, a park, anywhere and she ask HP to "look over there", when HB does MF turns around and shoots her with a stun gun. MF has approximately 15 minutes.

From there they drive wherever MF needs to. Broussard imcompasitated-- is then strangled to death with an undisclosed implement, a ligature.

I also believe she was dumped where the strangling took place. Drug out of the backseat and dumped.

If you think about it, a 2.5 drive back to Houston with a corpse causes 2 problems:
1. Cadaver dogs could pick up scent.
2. Bowels dropping

I feel she retrived HB and was waiting for an area already searched... and timing it for when CG would be gone.

The only thing about this that I keep wondering is wouldn’t they have her phone data travel records like how they knew she was in Austin and be able to check places she may have traveled to? I kept also thinking maybe the night of the 12th after she abducted Heidi, she went to a hotel, killed her there, then loaded her into the back of the car in the duffel bag. BUT I’m thinking if that was the case, police would be able to tell where she was based on her phone records and would have checked it out.

Idk but after MF’s arrest LE said they were searching multiple locations between Austin & Houston.
What if she had her phone off?
Also, to be clear, I’m not implying or suggesting there’s an accomplice. Just allowing my mind to wander, based on the MF’s car driving away as soon as HB entered the backseat........we don’t know tho if the witness told LE MF went to the other side & entered, or what. I do find it peculiar (if true) that MF was on the passenger side at the complex. I was sitting in my passenger seat earlier looking for a document in the console. My car was running as I planned to leave. I successfully made it over to the driver side w/o walking around. I’m small & it was not easy, lol.
Actually, it would have been easier to walk around. Plus since MF had just given birth (as far as HB knew) it would be odd to climb over, imo. My vette seats are much larger than MF’s, imo.
Moo

Sounding off here....and I apologize in advance for this rant.

I am going back and forth between being grateful that they arrested MF within a week of the abduction/murder and being frustrated that it didn't happen sooner and wondering if HB could have been spared the indignity of staying in a trunk for 7 days (if she was there the entire time.)

If, in fact, they did get phone records very quickly (within 18 hours or so) then they would see that one of the last people that HB spoke with was MF. If MF had been a male friend, would they have done more digging sooner?

Logic dictates that they would dig into MF as much as possible (asking SC questions, checking to see if she had a record...etc.) As soon as they heard that MF had a baby that was due the same day as HF and that MF had been one of the only other people in the delivery room when MC was born, why the heck didn't they go deep on this lead immediately?

They had her phone # obviously, since Tim Miller from TE had no trouble chatting with her for 45 minutes over the phone. Why not visit her in person immediately to conduct an interview with HB's so-called 'best friend' who supposedly 'just had a baby' and may be able to offer insight into her disappearance being the last person who spoke with her?

Normally I am one who fully supports all of the efforts of LE in 90% of cases, but in this case, unless we are missing a big piece of the puzzle (which is very possible) I cannot fathom why they didn't speak to MF in person within 48 hours.
Am I missing something?

JMO

I believe it was Shane's dad who contacted Tim Miller. Because LE had not yet asked for his assistance (which is looking for dead bodies, I think), they may not have been communicating with him. Tim was snowed by MF so no alarm bells went off.

#44 in the affidavit, indicates to me that it was on the 19th. The way it's worded, I guess they could have been there before then, but IMO they weren't based on the activity at the apartment on the 18th, the witness gave a statement on the 18th, didn't do a photo line up to identify MF until the 19th.

Magen Fieramusca Affadavit.pdf

And look how fast they moved once they interviewed that witness. They even got a got helicopter out there to look for the car. I thought that was impressive police work.

What are different ways to immobilize someone in your backseat?
a. chloroform
b. needle
c. clock them hard in the head
(I think Frazee thought one hit would do the trick, but movies aren't like real life).
d. what about a stun gun??

HB willingly greeted MF as soon as MF got out of the car.
HB willing hopped in the backseat.
HB willing let MF shut the door.
Sounds prearranged, or at least in those 15 minutes or so prior.

Others have said:
They were headed to the mail box.
They were headed to a better parking spot.
They were headed to the office for an application for MF.

I feel the last one is more likely, but any of the scenarios fit. The point is HB went willingly knowing it was going to be a quick jaunt, for the fact that she only took her phone and keys.

Once BH was in the car could it have been as simple as MF saying "I know I know I know we're supposed to go to the office, but that's not what we're really doing. I promise it'll take 15 minutes but I have a surprise for you!!! I have a wonderful wonderful surprise for you, just hang on, just trust me this is going to be awesome."

They drive to somewhere secluded, an alley, a park, anywhere and she ask HP to "look over there", when HB does MF turns around and shoots her with a stun gun. MF has approximately 15 minutes.

From there they drive wherever MF needs to. Broussard imcompasitated-- is then strangled to death with an undisclosed implement, a ligature.

I also believe she was dumped where the strangling took place. Drug out of the backseat and dumped.

If you think about it, a 2.5 drive back to Houston with a corpse causes 2 problems:
1. Cadaver dogs could pick up scent.
2. Bowels dropping

I feel she retrived HB and was waiting for an area already searched... and timing it for when CG would be gone.

I agree that something along those lines seems likely. A tazer or stun gun could immobilize a person for long enough where another person could drag them out of the car and then finish a strangulation with ligature like you mentioned.

I think most of us have seen Tazer demonstrations on TV or internet. Being tazed on camera for the reaction was a sort of "thing" years ago when tazers first became popular. Once everyone started to learn that some people's heart cannot handle it and some people die from being tazed, you dont see those demonstrations much anymore. The ones I have seen, the person that is being tazed usually immediately drops to the ground and cannot function for a minute or two. Plenty long enough for someone to be able to drag them out of the car.

I agree that it appears she went willingly, at least at first, so IMO, I dont think anything happened right away until they got to whatever "lying story destination" MF told her they were going.

I believe it was Shane's dad who contacted Tim Miller. Because LE had not yet asked for his assistance (which is looking for dead bodies, I think), they may not have been communicating with him. Tim was snowed by MF so no alarm bells went off.

I think so too. Remember Tim saying he was driving around with SC? I think SC told Tim that HB’s bestie would be the person HB would confide in & Tim then contacted her.

I agree that something along those lines seems likely. A tazer or stun gun could immobilize a person for long enough where another person could drag them out of the car and then finish a strangulation with ligature like you mentioned.

I think most of us have seen Tazer demonstrations on TV or internet. Being tazed on camera for the reaction was a sort of "thing" years ago when tazers first became popular. Once everyone started to learn that some people's heart cannot handle it and some people die from being tazed, you dont see those demonstrations much anymore. The ones I have seen, the person that is being tazed usually immediately drops to the ground and cannot function for a minute or two. Plenty long enough for someone to be able to drag them out of the car.

I agree that it appears she went willingly, at least at first, so IMO, I dont think anything happened right away until they got to whatever "lying story destination" MF told her they were going.
Agreed!!!

I recall SC and his dad mentioning Tim Miller in the first or 2nd interview. They were going to talk to him the next day.

as well as many internet searches, lol. I think her priority was to make CG fall in love with fatherhood. She might have felt she deserved nothing less after pulling off such a heinous crime. Imo, he’s lucky he’s alive......JS. Moo
I don't think so because MF told Carissa that there might be a custody battle coming up soon. She took Margo to secure her own living and financial situation. She would have hit him for child support and whatever else she believed she could shake him down for.

Last edited:
She did however speak with LE, she called them if I recall. (Remember, she was calling anyone and everyone....). Even when she talked to Miller the day before, LE was actually on to her already as they had a helicopter fly over the house the day before (which is when they first spotted the car parked weirdly in the back yard).

I do remember Tim Miller recounting how MF was the first the person he called on the list of Heidi's friends he'd been provided.

According to Tim, MF told him that she had already spoken briefly to LE by phone and that the information she shared with LE was limited to answering the questions they put forth.

Tim said that, in contrast, MF was very very talkative with him and volunteered a lot of information related to Heidi and Shane, including her opinion that 'Shane did it'. By his own account, Tim was not suspicious of MF and advised her to reach out to LE and give them as much information as she could. Whether MF ever actually made/had further contact with LE prior to her arrest, I do not know.

In any case, it will be interesting to get clarification from LE as to when they honed-in on MF and why. I'm currently under the impression that LE and Tim had spoken with MF shortly after Heidi and Margo were reported missing for the same reason they had spoken to others in Heidi's immediate circle (not because they were necessarily suspicious of MF, but because it was essentially standard procedure and they wanted to learn as much about Heidi as possible). My impression could certainly be wrong though.

6 days is quite fast. Thankfully one apartment resident was able to provide cam footage. That was the key to matching HB to MF, imo

Was it actual footage or just witnessing it while driving?

My working theory at the moment is that MF was not alone that day. What we don't know is if MF ever named her "cousin." We're pretty sure she didn't go to the beach. Maybe the "cousin" is some other loser she's acquainted with. Maybe said loser is already dead, hence MF internet searches for "dead body found in Austin?" IF MF's phone was active during the abduction, LE should be able to track approximately where she went and how long she was in each area and when she arrived home. OR, she shut her phone off. That would complicate things a bit.

The fact LE have not been able to charge her, tells me they are struggling to pin it on her. If video shows there was someone else in that car, they'd need pretty strong evidence to convince a grand jury she alone is responsible for HB's murder. By now they would know if MF's DNA was under HB's fingernails or if they found MF's hair in the duffle bag with HB. Speaking of the duffle bag, where did it come from? Did it belong to CG? Have LE traced it's purchase? Any animal hair on it?

I know what I'm about to say is "way out there" but as many of you may know, I have a "fertile" mind :) Could this have been a conspiracy to take the baby and leave HB somewhere to be found but things didn't work out that way and HB had to be killed? Perhaps not all players involved knew exactly how far MF would go? Dead men/women don't talk and anyone else that may have been privy to the plot won't speak up now cause, their freedom is at risk as well? Wild speculation on my part but who knows.

MOO MOO MOO :)

TXEQ doesn't get involved in any case without communicating with LE. MOO

How, When and Why We Search
Texas EquuSearch must be contacted by the investigator to determine whether our team and/or resources can be of assistance in the missing person case. Texas EquuSearch must have approval of the law enforcement investigator before we will actively enter a missing person case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare