TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they must think she is somewhere in the apartment complex and that she never left.
I thought I better reread the article again, but I don't see anything in there about how they must think she is somewhere else in the apartment complex and that she never left.

What I read was "the Broussard's are adamant Heidi would not leave her son -- they're positive something isn't right. "Heidi wouldn't do this, there's no way. She loves her son Silas and she would never do this -- and she would never take Margot down those stairs without her carrier and have her strapped in and her diaper bag strapped to her back," says Tammy."

I just want to encourage everyone to read the transcript as you watch this interview. I was harshly critical of SC but having gone through the pain of transcribing this, I now realize just how screwed up this interview was. Fox7 should be ashamed of themselves for this clusterf*. I still think SC was off in the interview but the complete unprofessionalism of the reporters/crew is beyond the pale. This never should have happened IMO.

My thoughts concerning the interview staff while watching this interview was the following:
1. They feared he was going to quit the interview and were doing and saying whatever they could to keep him talking/not shutting down or walking off. He did actually leave the view at on point. He was IMO extremely cagey.
2. They have probably never been in this particular situation before (interviewing a possible double murder suspect) let alone a case including a infant and the entire nation watching. Plus an individual behaving the way he did.
3. They also probably felt the burden that the interview could possibly provide information for LE
Did they rise to the occasion? They did succeed in keeping him present and talking which provided something for experts to work with. Were they polished and professional? Not by a long shot. I do give them kudos however for managing to keep him in front of the camera and talking.

I wondered the same thing. I'm guessing the police have a witness or camera footage. They seem quite sure that she and the baby returned home.

That's why where the purse and the carseat etc. were originally is unknowable - it all could have been moved around before/after she got home and/or disappeared. The way her mother said "we KNOW" - I believe they know she was there in my bones after watching the way her mom stated that.

That's why where the purse and the carseat etc. were originally is unknowable - it all could have been moved around before/after she got home and/or disappeared. The way her mother said "we KNOW" - I believe they know she was there in my bones after watching the way her mom stated that.
Agreed!!

So they must think she is somewhere in the apartment complex and that she never left.
Local media have reported that LE has done door to door searching in the complex and FBI assistance with the searching started to hit the media yesterday.

No doubt CCTV can confirm to LE whether or not HB and child left the complex and if they aren't visible whether vehicles going out perhaps had containers or boxes that could have contained the mother and child.

If LE believed that HB and child are still in the complex after 5 days missing, IMO they would move heaven and earth to search every nook and cranny in the place to find the missing people.

MOO

Did he say in any interview he never went and checked to see if she was there?

The only people he owns an explanation to is LE.

I'm sure LE knows what he did for that "4 hours" as well.
I need more facts to hop off the fence.
Mannerisms don't usually push me one way or another. Have a son with speech and hearing issues among other health issues. I tend to repeat myself when super stressed. Another son can look someone who doesn't know him straight in the face, lie- and be believed.
Some people change, and some don't- so past behavior doesn't always predict future. Nothing yet has moved me firmly one way or the other.

Many here know I will bring something up that I actually don't agree with- just to get perspective. I also question people whose opinions I greatly admire- and they can dish it back out- with no one getting all offended. :) As a crime victim- I often fight with my own bias.

Last edited:
If it is true that LE has no idea what happened here, as was seemingly expressed at the PC yesterday, that vehicle would have been impounded and processed with a fine-toothed comb.
I believe LEO knows exactly what they are doing. They might not have towed her car away, but I'm sure they've searched it for clues,and are watching it closely. That car is not going anywhere.
MOO

This part is very troubling, sounding like a controlling, jealous person who is capable of ---who knows what:

"The friend said Carey’s recent behavior after Heidi disappeared differed from his previous behavior, when he allegedly showed up to her house almost immediately after Heidi didn’t answer her phone.

“Why would that not scare you as a husband? I specifically remember a time she [Heidi] was at my house and didn’t answer her phone. He [Carey] showed up to my house freaking out right after he got home.”

I’m not trying to single you out, and I have no idea if he is guilty of a crime or not, but this guy can’t win no matter what he does. Everyone was wondering why he didn’t go to the police sooner, but here is a different situation where he actually DID go looking ASAP & now he looks controlling & jealous. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t I guess.

In reviewing her Instagram @heidiluv71 it struck me as interesting that she says on her profile "keepin it Louisiana good in Kyle tx". seems to indicate she might have moved out (to father in law's property?) but then maybe returned recently to the apt after the birth of the child.
It has been reported that they previously lived in Kyle. I don't think we know when, though.

Heidi Broussard Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Broussard is originally from Lake Charles, Louisiana, according to public records. She and Carey have also lived in Kyle, Texas.

Transcript of first full Fox7 interview with SC:
Reporter is on the phone conducting the interview. In the room with Shane is at least one cameraman, and probably at least one second reporter or news staff person. Possibly his Dad is there also. I can’t tell who is there, and I can’t tell who in the room is talking, so I have labelled them “Reporter” for the woman on the phone, and “Camerman/Reporter2” for the other people talking in the room with SC.

Reporter: <unintelligible>

SC: Yes it's my fiancee, yes ma'am. Yeah I look down when I talk I'm sorry I'm only looking down the whole time probably.

Reporter: .. what kind of day was it...<unintelligible>

SC: Just a basic Thursday, we have basically have a routine every day. I get up around 6:00 a.m. and pretty much hit the snooze button a couple times and then I finally wake up around 6:15, drink some water, uh, wake up the kids around 6:30, wake up Heidi and Silas right before I leave, uh. So like once I got them up on Thursday it's kind of a later morning it was around 6:40 whenever I got them up and cause it was Heidi's first day to actually take Margot by herself with uh Silas so first gave Heidi kiss, the baby kissm and Silas a kill, said 'have a wonderful day', left the Apartments, went to work and then she takes her kids to school and she she was making lunch like right before I left, uh. Uh, she took the kids school so, I don't know, ah. Uh so at around 8 o'clock she called me, answered the phone like right before I got in my truck, I work for Unicorn Moving, so she called me around 8:00 and she told me that she went to the book fair, she bought three books, costs about $25, it was amazing that she couldn't wait to read to Silas and I told her ‘I love you goodbye’ and uh… This is hard.

Reporter: Take your time

SC: Yeah. So uh… Oh man. I don’t know right now. I’ve just been repeating it all day

Reporter: Let me know if you want me to move on to another subject

SC: No, no it's a good question, it’s just that we’re in a situation right here. So I don’t know. I don’t know, she’s just an amazing mom. I don't know. Pause. I don’t know. I need to stand up, I don’t know, I can't sit here, this is making me so … I feel funny.

Cameraman: Do you want … standing…

SC: I don't know, yeah, I’m not good in this situation, uh, yeah …

<SC STANDS>

<CAMERMAN REFRAMES CAMERA>

<INTERVIEW RESUMES>

Reporter: How long have you and Heidi lived in Austin?

SC: So we've been living in Austin, we moved from Louisiana about five years ago. So we’ve been here so what about five years? I believe so, …

Camerman/Reporter2: Yeah, something like that, yeah, yeah.

SC: Four or five years. We came from Louisiana, long story short my ex-wife with my beautiful daughter Addison came down here as soon as my dad got cancer. He's cancer freed now, that’s not the main story but yeah. So we were on the pipeline traveling so we had to come down here so we moved back to Austin, all my family's here so.

Camerman/Reporter2: …Don’t do that man. I know it’s hard to not be swaying… <unintelligible, trying to get SC to stop moving>

SC: OK yeah. I’m sorry.

Camerman/Reporter2: No, you’re doing great.

SC: OK yeah.

Camerman/Reporter2: I just want you to look good.

SC: Yeah, thank you. So uh yeah, we moved down here about five years ago.

Reporter: <unintelligible>

SC: Yes I found amazing friends… oh this is so hard <he can’t hear the reporter>…I can’t pick up the phone? Did you say did I make any friends?

<Lots of overtalking while they coach him to pick up and hold the phone so he can hear the reporter better>

SC: Yeah yeah yeah okay so it's like I'm uh I'm originally from Austin, like I want to Leander high school…

Camerman/Reporter2: Just pick up the phone and then just hold it.

SC: Just hold it? OK, so just down here.

Camerman/Reporter2: Yeah

SC: So I basically went to Leander high school, I I like already have friends over here and they have been very supportive since what happened with Heidi and Margot. It’s hard to <?look up?> But uh…

Reporter: Is there anyone in Austin who you don’t have a good relationship with? <unintelligible>

SC: Uh there's nobody now where this is, we have a loving and great family, Heidi has great friends, she is the most awesome person in the world, loving mom, she supports everything everybody does, she could have like four dollars in the bank account and just still want to give. So she's a great person, so is Margo our beautiful three week old daughter, so uh yeah. There's no no enemies there's there's nothing that would be negative or anybody would want to harm us at all. No.

Reporter: And was Heidi, you know, the morning she weant missing, was her demeanor any different, or ..

Camerman/Reporter2 <they talk over reporter>: Should I get some kleenex?…Do you want some kleenex?...

SC: No, I’m good. Yeah. What's that <to the reporter on the phone>? I’m sorry.

Reporter: The morning Heidi went missing, did her demeanor seem any different? Or was it, you know, just like a regular day for her too?

SC: It was a regular day so like what I was trying

Camerman/Reporter2: Make sure <?> that phone down a little bit?

SC: Oh. OK. So like what I was trying to explain it was a normal day, it was uh I woke up at six like I pretty much do my thirty minutes of my routine right before I get them up, they get a little extra 30 minutes of sleep and then I get them up and then my fiance Heidi wakes up with the kids and we start making lunch, or she started making lunch and I kissed them goodbye, told him have a great day school, and then I pretty much leave for work, and then once I get to work by the time she drops him off I'm like getting to my trucks around like seven forty seven forty five and we always made contact like right before I get in my truck and then go to work which they just went to the book fair and they bought three books it's like twenty five dollars and she couldn't wait to read to Silas whenever she whenever his house got home we just bought three brand-new books which is right here inside the house and that's the last time I actually made contact with her.

Camerman/Reporter2: Shane so drop that phone down a little bit, try to talk <unintelligible>

<They talk over each other while readjusting SC>

SC: It doesn’t feel natural at all.

Camerman/Reporter2: I know, I know, I’m sorry.

SC: It’s like … doesn’t feel natural.

Camerman/Reporter2: I know.

SC: OK, um. Um. What was the next question?

Reporter: Yeah, yeah, can you just talk a little bit more about when and where was the last time you saw Heidi?

SC: Yeah it was actually like before I left this morning at 6:40. I left the house at 6:40. Um. Yeah. <distracted by the light> Yeah I like I left the house <unintelligible, ?gonna look at the light?> I lef the house at 6:40 and that's the last time I spoke to my uh son yeah I can't this is this is weird …

Cameraman/Reporter2: I know, I know.

SC: You’re moving my dad, you’re …

<talk over each other>

SC: Like I can't be professional, okay I'm I'm gonna call you back or something <says to reporter on the phone>.

SC: I don't know what to do man you make me nervous <walks off camera>

Cameraman/Reporter2: Do you want a different phone?

SC: I don’t know. <raises voice> I just want to be natural, man, I just want to like, this is not, I don't know…

<Video stopped>

<Video started. Shane now back in camera>

Cameraman/Reporter2: …try to look at the camera, where you want to look at …<unintelligible>

SC: Yeah, man I’m sorry.

Cameraman/Reporter2: No, you’re doing OK…. <they talk over each other>….

<Is this possibly his dad speaking?:>…no pressure, no nothing, if it works it works, if it don’t it don’t. That’s just the way we gotta do it.

SC: I just want to get the word out there I don't care how I look.

<talking over each other>

SC: OK

Reporter: Yeah, so my other question was um is there anything important of Heidi’s that’s like missing right now, like is her cell phone there, um you know anything valuable missing…

SC: There's nothing valuable missing, her purse and her wallet and everything was up here, her cell phone is missing it’s been turned off whenever I pulled up around 1:40 it's been off since then. So uh like the car seat, everything is upstairs, there's no signs of anything. There’s…

Reporter: Alright, and um how like how long have you and Heidi been together, I mean as long as you’ve known her, has she ever disappeared before? Has she ever you know, just you know gone off the grid? Or anything like that?

SC: No. No ma’am, she would never disappear, she is an amazing mom she would never we have a six-year-old son named Silas, beautiful kid she would never leave him. Nah… she would never do this. She just she wouldn't do this.

Reporter: If you could confirm a couple of details though, how old is Margot?

SC: Margo, uh she was born on the 26th of November, so three weeks, how? Yeah three weeks, about three weeks.

Reporter: OK and um this is one of my last questions, but, you know, if you could say anything to Heidi right now, like if she was gonna watch the newscast, what would you want to tell her?

SC: I want to tell her to uh please come home, you know your family's here, she wouldn’t do this. I'm not telling her this. I'm telling for the sake of the family, she has a beautiful kid, she has beautiful family, a beautiful dog named Zeus, she uh she would not do this by herself, she would she would not be doing this. This is definitely something that happened that was wrong, so anybody that could share, post, do anything, one second helps to save a beautiful family, beautiful kid, just anything you could do, just reach out. If you don't know me, I don't care, if you see the post, if you see this news, reach out keep your eyes open, just be open-minded. Anything suspicious, do anything you can to help. Please. This is a three week old baby out there, and a mom, and a son that’s missing her mom, and family.

Reporter: And if you could say anything to the person that she and Margot might be with, what would you say to them?

SC: Her and Margot might what? I’m sorry.

Reporter: If you could say anything to, you know, the person that she might be with, like the person, cause you said she wouldn’t do this on her own. So if you could say something to the person who may be involved in the disappearance … <unintelligible>

SC: If you’re involved, uh, I don't care, uh set her to the side, she’ll find her way home, just bring her home safe, or put her somewhere safe, her and the baby just feed the baby, only three weeks old. Just find a way you won't be in trouble, just drop her off, she has a beautiful family. Drop her off anywhere, I don't care, just make sure she's safe and okay, and the baby's okay. And then right away I don't know. I just want her home safe, doesn’t have to be here, just drop her off somewhere safe. If it is somebody, just please come home, or drop her off by my doorstep, I don’t care. Just bring my family home.

Reporter: Alright Shane, well that was all of my questions. Um, if there is anything else you wanted to say or wanted to talk about? Anything that I missed?

SC: No just I love you Heidi, I love you more … Just anybody that could support us in any way possible. I’m about to be off, so there's any support any old friends, share, post, like, anything, contacting anybody if you see her, just do whatever you can, we definitely appreciate it.

Reporter: Well Shane, thank you for taking the time to speak with us. It’s been a very difficult interview. We greatly appreciate it. Um, and yeah, we’re going to get the story out and hopefully they’ll come home soon. So thank you again for the interview.

SC: Yeah thank you so much.

<end>

THANK YOU CRIMEDAWG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m not trying to single you out, and I have no idea if he is guilty of a crime or not, but this guy can’t win no matter what he does. Everyone was wondering why he didn’t go to the police sooner, but here is a different situation where he actually DID go looking ASAP & now he looks controlling & jealous. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t I guess.

Yep, even if police ruled him out people would still believe they are not telling the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa