TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by CathyinTexas, Dec 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silentob52

Silentob52 Well-Known Member

A community search has been set for Sat at 9:00 am and to resume Sunday at 1:00 pm. Volunteers are being asked to show up at Gateway a south Austin church. This is posted on FB and was shared on Nextdoor. I hope they have members of LE or the professional search team to provide instructions. Just FYi

2. NoSI

NoSI Well-Known Member

OK, have been reading and following… At first, switched back and forth similar to some of you... Couldn’t sleep last night and thought a lot...

I do think foul play by someone other than a stranger is involved at this point. If LE suspected a stranger abduction, I believe that they would have heavily focus on getting Heidi and Margo’s pictures and descriptions out yesterday during the presser and publicize the case heavily. By not doing so, I believe that they have an idea (probably more than an idea) on what likely occurred. The nature of yesterday’s presser just doesn’t match any other scenario in my opinion. If LE really did not have any leads, this presser would have looked much different with family there, pics of Heidi and Margo etc.

I do not believe that this will end well. I suspect a situation where a fight/disagreement escalated. OK, I sit on my hands now… come tingling, numbness, and discoloration of my fingers…

3. Silentob52

Silentob52 Well-Known Member

A community search has been set for Sat at 9:00 am and to resume Sunday at 1:00 pm. Volunteers are being asked to show up at Gateway a south Austin church. This is posted on FB and was shared on Nextdoor. I hope they have members of LE or the professional search team to provide instructions. Just FYi

4. dog.gone.cute

dog.gone.cute Kyron Horman - Missing Since 6-4-10

:) Hello, Y'all !

First ... Subscribing.

Second ... Sorry Mods for posting a YT video not approved here at WS - so I will try again :)

Anyway ... last night I came across this case. I watched an interview of SC, and WTH?
    Why was SC laughing during this interview? And answering questions with his eyes closed?

JMO but laughing does not seem normal when your fiancee' and 3 week old baby are MISSING.

I have a lot to catch up on ... so check in here later.
    And THANKS to all for the timeline, updates and info here.

5. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

DBM

AliceInPain likes this.
  6. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

If you're reading something that you think is important, you can manually archive it, online:

How to Use Wayback Machine to Archive Websites

How to Use Wayback Machine to Archive Websites - Make Tech Easier

We live in 1984, now, where lots of info goes down the memory hole.

7. tulipox

tulipox Active Member

So we know SC didn't try calling her throughout the afternoon because the phone was "off". How about texts? Surely he texted her a number of times to find out what was up, right?

8. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

Yep. He’s basically just giving a word salad with no information of value. It’s mainly just about what he did that morning and his feelings. There isn’t even a real showing of concern.

9. mcrazingwill

mcrazingwill Well-Known Member

Maybe someone she purchased baby items from (Facebook marketplace, CraigsList, etc)? It’s the holidays and maybe it’s someone who has lost a child. Until there is ANY info to go on, exploring all options all we can do.

10. Alathea

Alathea Well-Known Member

No, no mention of him ever trying to call or text her after 1:40, not even after "becoming concerned" after 6pm. Not one. And he keeps insisting her phone was "shut off" though he has no way of knowing that, if he didn't actually see the phone.

Which leads me to think something happened to her prior to 1:40.

11. Noharg

Noharg Well-Known Member

What about SC’s car/truck?

Edited to add apostrophe to SC

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  12. mcrazingwill

mcrazingwill Well-Known Member

I have T-Mobile and we are on a family plan. I can see the call logs for my husband and kids. There’s an App for that.

13. Alathea

If he were allowed to see her phone records (if he were on the same plan or owned the plan) he'd have access online for the records, and wouldn't need to try to do so in person at a store.

14. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Thank you. I was just about to post the same thing because I didn't remember that being said in the presser. I even looked up the woman in the byline to see her history. It's unsubstantiated claim, as far I can tell. Could be true but but cite the proof or don't print it.

15. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Well, LE believe they are still alive. Apparently she drove the car home, so the car isn’t really a “scene”. That’s my guess.

16. Alathea

I wonder if she did indeed drive the car home.

17. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

lol, we can, we just can’t bring it here

18. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Ok, just because LE says they are pursuing this as if she’s still alive, it doesn’t mean this is what they really think necessarily, moo. It’s just what they say to the public. We don’t know that they really believe they are still alive. They say this in every case, Mollie Tibbetts, Hania Aguilar...unless they definitely find major evidence such as in Aniah H’s case, they will usually say this. Standard LE lingo, moo. Sure they are pursuing all angles, but just pointing out that LE says this often.

19. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

Wasn’t the long rambling interview in his apartment? Maybe I’m mistaken, but I just assumed it was his house. Are we certain the police ever did an in-depth search of that house and locked it down?

20. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

DEC 18, 2019
    Heidi Broussard: Friend shocked that missing mom was back with fiance after ‘rocky’ breakup. Exclusive details as search for mom & newborn continues
    […]

During a conversation in May, according to the friend, Heidi spoke about her living arrangements. Foster said Heidi wanted to move to a vacant home in Kyle, Texas, that belongs to Carey’s father. The friend said she had no idea that Heidi never moved to the home, and was surprised to hear she was still living in her Austin apartment.

Foster added that Heidi planned to drive her son 40 minutes each way from Tyler to a school in Austin so that the child could stay in a good school.

[…]

“She was willing to drive 40 minutes out of her way to have them in a better school. That’s not a mother that leaves…..I feel like everybody is focusing on her running away and knowing Heidi I doubt that.”

CrimeOnline spoke with the Austin Police Department’s Cold Case Missing Persons’ Unit, who confirmed that the friend informed them of Heidi’s plans to move to a house 40 minutes away from her Austin apartment.

The friend said she was also surprised when Heidi told over the summer that she had gotten back together with Carey. The pair had apparently previously broken up, according to the friend.

[...]

Further, the friend said Carey’s recent behavior after Heidi disappeared differed from his previous behavior, when he allegedly showed up to her house almost immediately after Heidi didn’t answer her phone.

“Why would that not scare you as a husband? I specifically remember a time she [Heidi] was at my house and didn’t answer her phone. He [Carey] showed up to my house freaking out right after he got home.”

[…]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.