TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe it or not, I’m still open to mom disappearing due to a baby snatcher or possible psychotic episode no one knew was brewing.

Very, very low on my list. Because logic. And human nature. And so many years following these cases and compiling them in the library in my head.

Anyhow there’s a lot of time between “calls a friend or two” and “then gets a call from daycare.” What was happening during that time and why was he so damned detailed about everything before and after that time period? But silent about what happened then?
Exactly! And, if he was drunk, or sleeping or spaced out on dope, just admit it. You're not "Father of the Year." You wouldn't be the first! Just tell the truth. We all think what we do, because he's given us reason to doubt his honesty.

Your oldest daughter isn’t a newborn. Who is missing with mom. Who doesn’t have her car. Or purse. Or car seat. Or diaper bag.

I’m sorry but I just don’t see it as the same exigent circumstance.

Think back to when your daughter was a newborn. That feeling of protectiveness. Of worry that something could happen to the baby. What if she chokes? What if she gets SIDS? What if she catches a virus and suddenly dies? What if she swallows something? What if she’s not eating enough.
Is her diaper wet? Is she cold? Is she hungry. Is she scared in the dark?

Babies are so vulnerable. You’re just trying to take care of their every need, trying to keep them alive and trying to survive yourself those first couple months.

But everything is about that baby hyper alert. We are designed to be that way to make sure the species continues.

It’s not like a fully grown adult daughter who is old enough to live outside the house and disappeared for three hours. IMHO.

The newborn was presumably with a responsible adult, his girlfriend. So, I disagree.

Im way behind but I had to chime in here. That bothers me a lot. So, he’s now basically admitted to leaving DNA all over dumpsters. He said he was looking for her keys, I just don’t get how that’s helpful. Now he has an excuse though for why his DNA is there though.

If my SO and infant are missing I’m sitting at the police station letting them do anything and everything to clear me so they don’t waste time on me and focus elsewhere. I honestly don’t know if I could leave LE for any reason until they were found or I had answers. JMO
Can't understand how he could think the she would have tossed her keys into a dumpster.

Admittedly, I have only skimmed a few posts and seen bits of msm. I am wondering if anyone thinks she was targeted to kidnap the baby. If she had a regular schedule bringing her child to school daily someone could have befriended her at the school and followed her home. If she opened the door to someone she recognized that could explain the door being left open....

I just have a gut feeling someone wanted that baby and may have harmed Heidi to get the infant. Especially being a newborn.

That was initially a big contender for me. Marlen Ochoa. Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind.

They were pregnant though. Here’s a case where a woman who already had a baby was stalked and killed and her child stolen. There are some insane people out there:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article214831595.html

Here is an article about an attempt to steal annewborn and how such abductions used to be more common. It gives more stats. Abduction murder seems much more rare:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-police-say-she-wound-up-jail/?outputType=amp

I really can not think of any reason as to why her purse was in the car except that someone else put it there.
If she wasn't missing, and was fine, wouldn't we chalk this up to a harried and tired mother of an infant that just forgot to bring it in? Or perhaps between bringing the baby in as well as a couple of other items in, she didn't have enough hands to carry her purse and figured she'd get it later?

Earlier someone said the raw interview was gone from You Tube, it can be found at link below.

Here's the Fox interview with Shane & his Dad.
Boyfriend of missing South Austin woman, baby speaks out

He goes in 15 minute intervals with his details about the morning - even down to hitting the snooze button in the AM.

6:40 am he got them up (so, 5 minute intervals for a while there.)

It was her first day to take the baby by herself.

He laughs. "This is hard." Laughs again, several times. He's getting caught in his own lies and can't think of what he should say next, so he has a nervous laugh. This is NOT someone who is distraught.

To me - this is blatantly obvious, after seeing this video. but I'll keep my mind open and think of ALL the possibilities.

Last edited:
In the many cases you’ve all followed, does a guilty person typically go around and ask all types of people if they saw or heard anything? Do they search for hours? And stuff like that?
Scott Peterson pretended. He was at the Search Center set up for his wife, Laci. I think that it was later discovered that although he would take piles of "Missing" flyers that he said that he was going to post that he just tossed them all in the trash can.

Others have said that they were told by police not to search. So, that's their excuse.

Last edited:
Is anyone local that has any knowledge of the apt complex and its security? Is there a front gate camera, assigned parking spots or maybe folks have security cameras on their front doors or patios? Does the main street have any traffic cams? What camera resources do we think might be available to LE to see traffic into and out of the apt complex? Is it the kind of complex where people are aware or do folks stay to themselves and don't pay too much attention to comings and goings? Is there an on sight complex manager or on sight maintenance staff that might have been out and about during the crucial hours?

Someone in that complex must have seen something IMO.

Someone must have seen SC dumpster diving for keys too IMO.

Does anyone understand the timing of the SC dumpster diving and why the dumpsters were important and it doesn't appear that he went or called the friend where HB was supposed to have been?

MOO

Oh. That’s a bit rude for someone to refer to him as, IMO. They’ve been together for many years and he lived with and supported the kids. Far from what the stereotypical baby daddy is.

Agreed. I was thinking how far society has fallen since that's become a "normal" term by which to refer to fathers. I kind of think of it pertaining to people who just crank out the kids, with the dad not being much more than the sperm donor. No criticism of anyone using it. It's become common parlance.

Would anyone have called Ward Cleaver the Beaver's baby daddy? No!

lol

"I just have a gut feeling someone wanted that baby and may have harmed Heidi to get the infant. Especially being a newborn."

Can you name any cases where a baby was stolen and they took the mother too?

Hmm. No. I read one where they killed the mom and took the baby but left mom’s body. But I can see a scenario where new mom is lured to get free baby stuff like what happened with Marlen. Especially if money was tight.

(Does someone have a link for this?)

"Media partners,

The disappearance of Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey is still a very active and ongoing investigation. Detectives are working the case and are not able to step away at this time to provide on-camera interviews.

We continue to ask for the public’s assistance in locating Heidi and Margot. If anyone sees them or knows of their whereabouts, please call 9-1-1 immediately!

We will have a media briefing at 1 p.m., Tuesday, December 17, at APD Headquarters. Please e-mail PIO if you plan on attending.

- APD PIO"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/crime/beautiful-loving-mother-and-2-week-old-baby-go-missing-in-texas-as-fiance-pleads-for-safe-return/amp/

And about those keys: from the article (and yes it could be misreported but...)

According to Carey, he returned home around 2 p.m. after working all morning and found Broussard’s car in the driveway — her purse was still in the car.

Carey claims he went inside, found the baby’s car seat and Broussard’s keys, and thought nothing of it at first, believing she was at a friend’s house nearby.”

(bold = my emphasis)

Woman posed as social worker in attempt to kidnap week-old baby, authorities say

Woman posed as social worker in attempt to kidnap week-old baby, authorities say.

You keep insisting a possible scenario is that someone wanted just the baby. I agree, it is possible! But you also keep failing to give a logical explanation for why someone who wants just the baby would also take the mom.

Because Mom isn't just going to hand over the baby, luring both into a vehicle. A crime scene at baby's home is to obvious.... luring mom away with the baby, keeping baby and dumping mom elsewhere just makes sense to me. I'm SMH why this type of scenario is so difficult to consider.

Anyhoo, it's past my bedtime. I hope these two are found soon. Preferably safely, but we know the chances are slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74