TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except we know they spoke in the morning after school drop off and she told him about spending $25. He also called at 1:40 pm before arriving home around 2pm. If they only spoke during emergencies it seems likely a book purchase could wait until he got home from work.

I’d think a newborn would also change dynamics, such as checking in more frequently or getting concerned sooner than you might otherwise. Moo.
I guess many folks feel the same as you. I guess my husband is just a different breed- his family is the same way. They just don't worry about anything at all, even if someone had surgery or such, they don't have much emotion or concern. That doesn't mean their bad people or killers.

Is anyone local that has any knowledge of the apt complex and its security? Is there a front gate camera, assigned parking spots or maybe folks have security cameras on their front doors or patios? Does the main street have any traffic cams? What camera resources do we think might be available to LE to see traffic into and out of the apt complex? Is it the kind of complex where people are aware or do folks stay to themselves and don't pay too much attention to comings and goings? Is there an on sight complex manager or on sight maintenance staff that might have been out and about during the crucial hours?

Someone in that complex must have seen something IMO.

Someone must have seen SC dumpster diving for keys too IMO.

Does anyone understand the timing of the SC dumpster diving and why the dumpsters were important and it doesn't appear that he went or called the friend where HB was supposed to have been?

MOO

I’m local. There are no cameras. It’s not common in apartments of that age. That area is crazy busy.

Not saying he is lying or not but I put ZERO importance on the presence of tears. I can make myself cry so so easily by thinking of: diaper commercials with new babies, videos I’ve seen of dogs and/or kids and military members seeing each other after deployment, Christmas movies, any Disney / Pixar movie, or by simply looking down and keeping my eyes wide open for a bit and then squeezing my eyes shut a few times. Not blinking causes my eyes to run like crazy, particularly when followed up by rapid blinking.

I just know enough people that can cry genuine tears almost on cue to not be impressed by the 4 tears he shed. It bugs me when people talk like they are crying but no tears come and that happened several times. It just seemed fake or forced to me.

I really felt his crying was totally genuine. Not faked. Not forced.

(Does someone have a link for this?)

"Media partners,

The disappearance of Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey is still a very active and ongoing investigation. Detectives are working the case and are not able to step away at this time to provide on-camera interviews.

We continue to ask for the public’s assistance in locating Heidi and Margot. If anyone sees them or knows of their whereabouts, please call 9-1-1 immediately!

We will have a media briefing at 1 p.m., Tuesday, December 17, at APD Headquarters. Please e-mail PIO if you plan on attending.

- APD PIO"
It appears it comes from the official APD FB page

https://m.facebook.com/AustinPolice/posts/2512266238821810

But I can’t be sure this is the only source for the media alert.

If she wasn't missing, and was fine, wouldn't we chalk this up to a harried and tired mother of an infant that just forgot to bring it in? Or perhaps between bringing the baby in as well as a couple of other items in, she didn't have enough hands to carry her purse and figured she'd get it later?
Shane told us her car was not locked either, so maybe whatever occurred happened right after she got back from the school?

The only innocent explanation is that he was exhausted from no sleep and work with a newborn. And he’s ashamed to say he slept during this whole time.

However, my neighbor is an example of why this doesn’t make sense to me either. One Saturday night, he ran over to my house utterly panicked. He was white as a sheet. “Have you seen [Andy]!” No? Why?

Oh the dread in my heart. It was night out and he was asking if I had seen his six year old son.

Turns out family was in town and they had a big reunion that day at a park. He got drunk. They got home. His wife said she was going to go with some of the kids to a relative’s to continue socializing. He passed out. When he woke up he realized the one who he thought had been left behind, was gone.

He didn’t wait a damn hour before freaking out. The minute he didn’t see his kid at my house (he comes over for cookies), he called 911 and ran patín the neighborhood frantically looking. We all did.

His wife finally called him back and said, “No! Andy came with us!”

It is not reasonable to me that a dad of a brand new baby would come home at 1:40, find no spouse, diaper bag, car, purse and money left behind, supposedly calls her phone and it goes to voicemail, and let’s say falls asleep, four hours later is awakened by his child’s school and doesn’t IMMEDIATELY call 911 or at the least, start frantically searching, going to the neighbors and calling people.

Instead, he casually picks up his son, brings him home, makes him some food and THEN begins calling people. Including his dad because his dad would know where his partner and baby are, right?

And he does not call police for an hour after waking up to this discovery?

Forget his fiancé. What about his vulnerable newborn?

Yeah, I agree. All of this would be even worse if in fact the front door was wide open when he got home, which I’m still fuzzy on. All of it makes him look terribly bad, but if the door was open? Nobody in their right mind (and innocent of any involvement) would just be like, “Imma shut this door and take a nap!” This just looks so bad on so many levels.

I guess many folks feel the same as you. I guess my husband is just a different breed- his family is the same way. They just don't worry about anything at all, even if someone had surgery or such, they don't have much emotion or concern. That doesn't mean their bad people or killers.
Sorry I wasn’t clear. I absolutely agree with you not all families talk to each other during the day and it does not make them killers or bad people.

I just meant we know they did contact (or attempted contact) at least twice for non-emergencies so they probably aren’t one of those families.

MOO

Is anyone local that has any knowledge of the apt complex and its security? Is there a front gate camera, assigned parking spots or maybe folks have security cameras on their front doors or patios? Does the main street have any traffic cams? What camera resources do we think might be available to LE to see traffic into and out of the apt complex? Is it the kind of complex where people are aware or do folks stay to themselves and don't pay too much attention to comings and goings? Is there an on sight complex manager or on sight maintenance staff that might have been out and about during the crucial hours?

Someone in that complex must have seen something IMO.

Someone must have seen SC dumpster diving for keys too IMO.

Does anyone understand the timing of the SC dumpster diving and why the dumpsters were important and it doesn't appear that he went or called the friend where HB was supposed to have been?

MOO
He explains in the Fox video.
Boyfriend of missing South Austin woman, baby speaks out

Exactly! And, if he was drunk, or sleeping or spaced out on dope, just admit it. You're not "Father of the Year." You wouldn't be the first! Just tell the truth. We all think what we do, because he's given us reason to doubt his honesty.
True, but on the other hand, then people would really be after him, calling him a liar. Let's face it, he is in a no win situation until LE confirms he is cleared of any wrong doing. To which they have not said one way or the other. We're just assuming things right now- what looks suspicious to ten people may not to two other people. We don't have any cold hard facts given to us by LE.

One thing about him, he is willing to at least talk to the media, didn't hide like a jerk like Patrick Frazee. He is at the very least, showing emotion, to which I feel is genuine. As @gitana has said, it could be that while he may have killed her and the baby, that he is actually remorseful, unlike guys like Chris Watts, Patrick Frazee, and Scott Peterson.

You make me think about something. He keeps bringing up the $25. That was clearly a BIG deal. And he spoke to her by phone less than an hour and a half after he left for work. And they talked about money and books.

Doesn’t sound like an uninvolved and nonchalant dad to me. Why would they be connecting quickly after he left the house and have the type of relationship where they talk that soon after they part ways but then he’s unconcerned when his partner and newborn baby are gone for HOURS with no diaper bag, no purse, no car, no calls, no texts, phone is off?

So I’m scratching of he’s an uninvolved, uncaring mate as an excuse for why he wasn’t alarmed and failed to call the cops for six hours. What’s left is he possibly came home exhausted and passed out. Or drank and passed out.

Still, that doesn’t explain why he waited for an entire hour after being awake to call cops, under those circumstances. Because now you know it’s been five hours of no contact, mom and baby gone with no diaper bag, no purse, no car. Son wasn’t picked up by mom and school had to call dad (which he omits from a couple of interviews). But you still ditz around. Make food for your kid. Call your dad.

Super concerned about $25 but not the disappearance of partner and newborn.
I'm with you on all of this, especially given that SC said that it was HB's first day out with the baby!

HB and baby no doubt were tired by the time SC got home too which to me makes the entire situation even that more surprising too. It seems that for the first day out that the school trip might have been enough and that it would have been reasonable to expect HB to head straight home. You wouldn't expect the first trip out to be a whole day away from home IMO and this is another reason I'm not 100% on the timeline presented by SC. Where else could HB have been other than the friend's apt? We know the friends apt wasn't checked. Where else would HB possibly have gone with such a young infant? I'm not sure whether she would have even taken the baby to her place of employment to meet with coworkers yet? IDK. If the car and car carrier were at the apt, its not possible to conclude that she is anywhere except in the vicinity of her apt IMO. If the carrier were missing then perhaps an argument can be made that HB took the baby and was perhaps picked up by a friend etc. But this scenario is blown up by the baby bag being in the apt.

Given these facts about the HB items left in the apt/car, I'm surprised that LE didn't go door to door in the complex immediately? Perhaps they had CCTV and were able to see what needed to be seen? IDK.

SC made no mention of post partum issues with HB as sometimes these issues take time to manifest and can be severe particularly if they veer into the territory of psychosis. IMO it was a big deal for even an experienced mom to venture out with an infant for the first time and she was no doubt hyper aware of everything happening around her and no doubt tired after the book fair and so it seems to make sense that she returned home and didn't leave or go far.

MOO

Did LE thoroughly scour the apmt and car for any signs of a struggle - her hair, blood, anything? Was it in the news? I missed it, if so.

I hope that LE addresses this, as I have asked about this myself, but nothing so far has been said in the media about it. We also don't know if the boyfriend took a lie detector test. If their vehicles are being processed by the crime lab, if his phone has been checked as well as hers.

He goes in 15 minute intervals with his details about the morning - even down to hitting the snooze button in the AM.

6:40 am he got them up (so, 5 minute intervals for a while there.)

It was her first day to take the baby by herself.

He laughs. "This is hard." Laughs again, several times. He's getting caught in his own lies and can't think of what he should say next, so he has a nervous laugh. This is NOT someone who is distraught.

To me - this is blatantly obvious, after seeing this video. but I'll keep my mind open and think of ALL the possibilities.

BBM
This has been niggling at me. Was SC going with HB to drop off S at school prior to that morning?? OR, was he taking S to school since M's birth? This was the first day to take the baby by herself.
Or, maybe a friend was taking S to school?
I don't know, I guess I just want to understand how they managed that during those two weeks.

Earlier someone said the raw interview was gone from You Tube, it can be found at link below.

Here's the Fox interview with Shane & his Dad.
Boyfriend of missing South Austin woman, baby speaks out

Please:

Review 3:20-3:23, where he says "No it's a good question, it's just a weird situation right here, that's all, hahahaha,' laughs, chuckles.

Weird situation? Worth a good laugh about?

This seems odd to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members