TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hearing two things. That the keys were in the apt and that the b/f went dumpster diving looking for her keys. Which is it?
Maybe we’ll hear at the presser today. Patience is not a virtue for me when I keep hoping the best and fearing the worst and then wondering if Heidi was killed and the baby got tossed alive and time is so important. Ugh!!! Maybe I should practice this hand-sitting thing that others here have perfected.

If the b/f indeed went dumpster diving looking for her keys......why? It would be expected his prints would be on her keys so that's not it.
I wonder if they had an argument and she threatened to leave so he threw her keys out so she couldn't leave.
They had just had a new baby, her mom had been staying with them for how long? That could be a stressful time. Her mom leaves, they let out some of their pent up frustrations, she threatens to leave, he throws her keys out and then what?
All hypothetical, of course, but I'm trying to figure out this key thing and him searching the dumpster. Did he find them?

Re the comments about Austin: much of Austin life sucks these days. I've lived here my whole life. I always thought I'd stay after retiring but now there is zero chance of that. Even if I loved the overcrowding, overpriced, hipster BS, god-awful traffic, and a city govt only making things worse, I could never afford my property taxes. The crime here is getting over the top, yet APD wants us to think it's all good so we walk the chamber of commerce line of how cool we are. The homeless situation is unsustainable. All this to explain that it's an especially hard and stressful place for young families to live, and I am wondering how the financial and other pressures played out in the dynamics of this young family.

I've been re-thinking what I said earlier about being nervous, when under the microscope, in a situation like this and you, Gitana and everyone else who are so suspicious of this are right. I really hate going there but I know when my dogs got loose that the last thing I would have worried about is what anything might have thought of me and I was a crazy women until I got them back. So, yeah, were I being interviewed by a reporter in this situation, I would be losing my mind and wouldn't give a damn how I came off.

:(

Yeah, I agree. I get you not wanting to go there. None of us ever want to think. I really hope he didn’t do anything to them intentionally. His demeanor just doesn’t really tick the boxes for being uninvolved. It was very unsettling to see how he behaved each time he needed to talk about what happened after she spent $25.

It will be interesting to see who in the families, if any, will be standing up for the presser at 1 pm. Her mom? Her boyfriend? etc. We know that her family has been in town - yet no sign of them standing with the boyfriend yet.

Will also be interesting to see if there is an attorney standing with the boyfriend at the presser.

Yeah, I agree. I get you not wanting to go there. None of us ever want to think. I really hope he didn’t do anything to them intentionally. His demeanor just doesn’t really tick the boxes for being uninvolved. It was very unsettling to see how he behaved each time he needed to talk about what happened after she spent $25.

I think the 25.00 is going to be important.

i started wondering about maybe when the bf got home she was there. then maybe the three of them took a ride somewhere, possibly a storage unit, but those have many cameras or a vacant home he knows because i think he works for a moving company?, and he was the only one that came home. i guess he left his phone at home cause she had her phone. then he staged everything. but if that's the case then for sure there is a camera at some point that picked them up. or maybe if his vehicle has navigation the trip is there. MOO.

I considered a similar scenario. How weird is it SC & his dad attempted to get video from the city. Remember, his dad said they only capture you if you have a traffic violation? The city will not hand out video to civilians. Lol
It seems like these two are running their own investigation or attempting to stay one step ahead of LE.

Last edited:
Re the comments about Austin: much of Austin life sucks these days. I've lived here my whole life. I always thought I'd stay after retiring but now there is zero chance of that. Even if I loved the overcrowding, overpriced, hipster BS, god-awful traffic, and a city govt only making things worse, I could never afford my property taxes. The crime here is getting over the top, yet APD wants us to think it's all good so we walk the chamber of commerce line of how cool we are. The homeless situation is unsustainable. All this to explain that it's an especially hard and stressful place for young families to live, and I am wondering how the financial and other pressures played out in the dynamics of this young family.

You said everything I feel. been here more than thirty years. Our property taxes now = HALF of my mortgage payment in addition to my payment. I'll never own this home.

Their apartments are extremely expensive, and they are on the lower end, price-wise, of what you can rent for here. The pressure on them has to be immense, given their jobs. One and Two Bedroom Apartments in Austin, TX | Club at Summer Valley Apartments

Range in general in Austin: Apartments for Rent in Austin TX | Apartments.com

I considered a similar scenario. How weird is it SC & his dad attempted to get video from the city. Remember, his dad said they only capture you if you have a traffic violation? The city will not hand put video to civilians. Lol
It seems like these two are running their own investigation or attempting to stay one step ahead of LE.

Those cameras were banned in June, but some cities are grandfathered to honor their contracts - it's unclear how many in Austin would fall under that, if any. But yeah - HEB OR the city aren't going to be giving surveillance to civilians. Unless his "we" is a broad we including the detectives they're working with.

Her mom had been with them and had just left.

Agree on the coincidence.

Re: his schedule. Our traffic is HORRIFIC. I used to work near where he works and I live not far from them. In Austin - we always say we don't want to cross the river, because it means traveling N>S or S>N and it can take an hour to go 16 miles at the wrong time of day. So I asked to work 6 AM to 2 PM. He left a bit later, but working for a moving company I'm sure the days aren't all the same length. Getting back home by 2 and leaving early are the only way not to sit on the parking lot of either n/s freeway for two hours each way and a lot of us here work odd hours to avoid it.

I had not heard that her mom had been staying with them. Sorry to have missed, but does someone have a link handy, or if not, I'll head to media thread and do a search on "mother"... as WS doesn't allow to search on 3 letters words such as mom iirc

So what was the aunt's statement? I am curious to hear the update although I have an appointment at 1 so will have to hear it after the fact. I have my own thoughts but will hold off. We could theorize all day what *could* have happened. I agree it doesn't seem like she just left because of the older child being left at school. Most mom's would not willingly leave a child at school with no one to pick them up. I do think something bad has happened just not sure what or by whom. I hope the police have leads and some footage somewhere or witnesses.

A few things make me think this isn't random:
  • HB and baby went missing after her mother left. (According to posters above, though I haven't read/heard that myself. Can anyone point me where I can confirm?)
  • HB and baby went missing on the first day she took her older son to school. Because this wasn't her routine, it wouldn't make any sense that she was being stalked and that is when she went missing.
Both of these point, to me, at least, towards something happening to Heidi by someone close to her or her family and knew enough details to know when she may be most vulnerable.

Does anyone know for sure how old the oldest daughter is? Addison is her name, I think? She doesn't seem like she can be that old (~10 years). I'm curious about the timeline there - SC was married before, now divorced, and shares that child with his ex-wife. If Heidi and SC have been together (even off/on) for 10 years, how does that all fit together? Did they have an affair while SC was married? The oldest photos I could find on Heidi's FB page are from 2012 and include the older daughter. Where's the ex-wife?

Incidentally, she also has a picture of an engagement ring in 2012 which is now over 7 years old... and still not married? The most recent photo I could find of her left hand was from 2017 and no engagement ring there.

I feel like there's a lot of backstory here that we just don't know.

I beginning to wonder if SC told his dad he’s afraid he’s going to be “railroaded” or “set up” because he was in the area or home sooner than he originally told LE. Dad then attempts to secure video from the city camera located at nearest intersection. It seems like they are both overly eager to investigate certain aspects.

If I heard correctly regarding the $25, SC told Heidi “that’s ok” after she told him she spent money. I think it really wasn’t “okay”.

Can’t wait for the PC, I feel like someone will be in custody by then. LE might be making an arrest at any moment. Jmo

Those cameras were banned in June, but some cities are grandfathered to honor their contracts - it's unclear how many in Austin would fall under that, if any. But yeah - HEB OR the city aren't going to be giving surveillance to civilians. Unless his "we" is a broad we including the detectives they're working with.
Ban security cameras? WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member