TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hearing two things. That the keys were in the apt and that the b/f went dumpster diving looking for her keys. Which is it?

I also recently saw a version of the story laid out at the end of the prior thread, which simultaneously said that (a) Heidi's car door was unlocked; (b), said nothing about the status of the apartment front door. :confused: . Frankly, I'd be less surprised to find her car door unlocked, because it is an interim stop towards her final destination (apartment), and managing armfuls of packages and baby, I can see hitting the fob on her keychain to lock the car, being one of the last things she thought about doing. Heck, I've come home from trips and left suitcases in the hall of my apartment; gotten so involved in putting down packages that I forget to lock my apartment front door, and sometimes don't notice until morning; I could go on. Sometimes you're so concerned with "getting in the door" and "divesting yourself of these packages", that you can think of little else.

Have caught up bits n pieces here.

ONE of the things that stand out to me is Heidi's phone. Everything left but her phone....and it appears to be turned off at 1.40 or so pm?

There is a case in Aus at the moment with the involvement of a missing phone. The family were able to successfully log in to his google account and obtain the gps locations..

Wondering if Heidi's gps locations can be obtained before her phone was turned off ?

Last edited:
You said everything I feel. been here more than thirty years. Our property taxes now = HALF of my mortgage payment in addition to my payment. I'll never own this home.

Their apartments are extremely expensive, and they are on the lower end, price-wise, of what you can rent for here. The pressure on them has to be immense, given their jobs. One and Two Bedroom Apartments in Austin, TX | Club at Summer Valley Apartments

Range in general in Austin: Apartments for Rent in Austin TX | Apartments.com

I thought they were on the modest side, but for that area, maybe not?
When Heidi was working, I’m sure she was making ample tips to supplement SC income. I doubt if she has much maternity pay (if any) from Cracker Barrel.

**this really isn’t relevant, but in my town, dogs are not allowed on the balcony, ever. Persons residing below really don’t appreciate urine & feces dropping down to their patio space.

I thought they were on the modest side, but for that area, maybe not?
When Heidi was working, I’m sure she was making ample tips to supplement SC income. I doubt if she has much maternity pay (if any) from Cracker Barrel.

**this really isn’t relevant, but in my town, dogs are not allowed on the balcony, ever. Persons residing below really don’t appreciate urine & feces dropping down to their patio space.
was the patio upstairs or down?

Cell phone records take time to come back, then the effort involved in building a timeline based on pings. He's saying her phone was off at 1:40, so we'll see how that plays into things. I don't expect an arrest this quickly, maybe later this week.

As enelram states above, there are some interesting developments (revealed on you tube) I'm sure APD is looking into. It takes time to develop probable cause. Involving the Texas Rangers & FBI is the best choice APD could have made.

Not expecting much to be revealed at the pressor today.

They didn't ban security cameras, they banned red light cameras - that's what SC's dad is referring to in the video when he says the cameras at the intersection adjacent to the apartments. They've been proven to cause more accidents than they prevent.

I’m sure LE laughed upon learning the duo attempted to secure confidential info. We can assume the party they spoke to promptly notified police.

The guy reminds me of CW so much.

That said, this is what I believe:

She never would have left her oldest son behind. Period. I don't know what mother would. I have 4 kids. I would never leave any of my children behind. In the surveillance photos of that morning she seemed happy and upbeat.

Is it possible she was taken to Mexico?

Perhaps the baby was the target, not Heidi. Maybe she was watched/stalked for a significant period of time, and the perp realized he had to wait until she was alone, i.e. her mother left, to act. Maybe she was a casualty of attaining the baby. Child trafficking is not anything new.

I don't think she disappeared on her own accord. Whether either of them is alive is anyone's guess but this is absolutely awful. Judging by LE's decision to bring in so many outside agencies to search for her it seems they think this is an abduction of unknown origin.

BBM

I’ve been meaning to point this out. She did look happy in the photo from the school.

I found his little grins and chuckles when he was talking about Heidi as fond remembrances.
Like he was thinking back.
It's just how it struck me, at first blush.

It seemed contrived to me and at times didn't match what he was saying. I think he wants us to believe his smirks were recalling of sweet memories. Smiling about recalling her making a sandwich, possible but weird.

I'm hearing two things. That the keys were in the apt and that the b/f went dumpster diving looking for her keys. Which is it?

Keys are missing per his video Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out

Queued to about 5:40 in video to transcribe.

Everything was like she was home. I mean that's why I thought she was at her friends house, like she walked to apartment complex. The carseat's upstairs, her purse IS upstairs her ID the wallet there's no signs of her taking the baby. She would never leave her car door unlocked, her car door was unlocked. So that's a wierd sign. So um I don't know anything about that. And her purse is inside her car with all the money still inside it, of it, her cards her ID her full purse. The only thing that is gone is her, the baby her keys and her cell phone. Which has been off since I tried to call her at 1:40

There is a case in Aus at the moment with the involvement of a missing phone. The family were able to successfully log in to his google account and obtain the gps locations..

Wondering if Heidi's gps locations can be obtained before her phone was turned off ?

The podcast To Live and Die in LA gives a lot of info on using Google timeline to solve a murder. However, GPS won't work if it's off, and he's said different times in interviews, but has consistently said it was "off" when he called her at some point - I assume going straight to voicemail, which is what my phone does when it's off.

It sounds like he tried to call her at 1:40 and it went straight to voicemail, indicating it was not working at that time. It may have been powered off or run out of battery before then, but I think that's when he's claiming he became aware of it. jmo

Keys are missing per his video Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out

Queued to about 5:40 in video to transcribe.

Everything was like she was home. I mean that's why I thought she was at her friends house, like she walked to apartment complex. The carseat's upstairs, her purse IS upstairs her ID the wallet there's no signs of her taking the baby. She would never leave her car door unlocked, her car door was unlocked. So that's a wierd sign. So um I don't know anything about that. And her purse is inside her car with all the money still inside it, of it, her cards her ID her full purse. The only thing that is gone is her, the baby her keys and her cell phone. Which has been off since I tried to call her at 1:40
BBM.
huh? Seems another odd thing to say imo.
Maybe he just speaks oddly sometimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member