TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but that said, some people are aware of how pings work - and given his trip to the cell phone store to find out about her pings, he might be one of them. If someone knows how pings work, they may leave their phone home when off doing things they shouldn’t be doing where police may become involved later. IMO.

I'm tech challenged but did look up (due to another case), how to get ping info. I didn't read extensively but read that the info either has to come from the service provider or you can have an app that can access the info. I don't believe any cell phone store can provide such information.

How many of you have had a missing partner and baby under these circumstances?

Every case people try to compare their lives and their emotions with what they think they would do or how their life’s are. I try to compare these cases with other cases.
It doesn't matter what the circumstances are. If it's something normal for Heidi to go to the friend's house, he wouldn't think her not being in the house is weird. I had already said this, and I will say it again: if I got home, saw the door open and my mom not there, I wouldn't be scared, I would just be annoyed because she does it all the damn time. I keep telling her to stop doing that, because if something bad does happen to her I won't be looking for her right away. It's not comparing anything, it's simply stating that if this is something Heidi does all the time, then I don't see why he should have been alarmed this one time. And I don't think it's unfair to say that, it's just as valid as saying that he's acting like CW.

Because Mom isn't just going to hand over the baby, luring both into a vehicle. A crime scene at baby's home is to obvious.... luring mom away with the baby, keeping baby and dumping mom elsewhere just makes sense to me. I'm SMH why this type of scenario is so difficult to consider.

Anyhoo, it's past my bedtime. I hope these two are found soon. Preferably safely, but we know the chances are slim.

I don't find the scenario difficult to consider at all and can easily imagine someone desperate for a newborn stalking or following HB to get to the baby, without being willing to murder HB (at least not on the spot).

Less likely to me but not out of the realm of possibility -- someone wanted both mother and baby, a sort of 'ready-made' family.

Those possible scenarios are not as likely as some more common ones, but definitely worthy of consideration at this juncture, in my opinion.

Yes, but IMO the platform used would differ based on age group.

Missing victim is 33 and seems to use social media to connect to family and friends and so FB might make more sense for that group possibly.

She might have had other accounts on different platforms to connect to different groups of people.

I hope LE is combing through all the social media for possible clues.

MOO
In terms of social media platform use, I find that it varies. I too am 33, and I have many friends who are extremely active on FB/IG and others that never post.

That being said what I find interesting and possibly indicative of something is that there are plenty of pictures of Heidi on her FB, and the kids, but not of her and Shane together. I think this should be taken into account as part of the big picture.

It may mean nothing...it may mean a lot.

Hinky meter, lol... I always call it my "antennae," but I like hinky meter much better!

The first crime blog I participated in was called The Hinky Meter, if I'm remembering correctly so I can't take credit for this. "Antennae" works too! I think most of us are bothered by what we've seen and heard so far.

It does mention it's a gated community, but not much else about security.

I'm local and have lived in apartments similar to this one. I'd be surprised if the apartments or many residents had security cameras on the outside of their homes. As for the gate, so many "gated" apartment communities around here have broken gates or they leave them open during the day. I can't remember the last time I visited a friend in a gated apartment complex and had to use a gate code.

Yeah, I am not a parent so what would make the most sense? If you had to make two trips in a public-ish area, would you tote the baby with you both times, or keep baby in the car for a minute until you came back?
Ummm, I would say baby in first. There's always the 'what if' you got injured carrying bags in the apartment while the baby was still in a hot or freezing car....
I never had to take a baby up a flight of steps though...

This has nothing to do with the case but I'm mortified to know that little babies are bused off to daycare. Another thread, a different forum, I know...
I'm not in the US. I'm in Europe. I was bused to daycare and preschool as soon as a bus seat was available for me. Unfortunately, parents can't be dropping off their babies at 7:30 if they start working at 7:30. It's not just the babies and the bus driver, there is at least one supervisor on the bus. My brother did have a hard time doing this, and as soon as he could he started dropping the baby off at day care.

I'm local and have lived in apartments similar to this one. I'd be surprised if the apartments or many residents had security cameras on the outside of their homes. As for the gate, so many "gated" apartment communities around here have broken gates or they leave them open during the day. I can't remember the last time I visited a friend in a gated apartment complex and had to use a gate code.
I’ve noticed that since moving to Austin - even the gated estates in our neighborhood are generally open. Sort of defeats the purpose...

This may have mentioned upthread. Did trash collection happen at the apartments today? I'm going to pop a cork if it did. Especially since he was looking for her keys in one.

If it was trash day, guaranteed the trash from that complex didn’t get taken to the dump. Wonder if LE has already sent trucks to haul the dumpsters to forensics “just in case”?

Yeah, I am not a parent so what would make the most sense? If you had to make two trips in a public-ish area, would you tote the baby with you both times, or keep baby in the car for a minute until you came back?
I don't have children, but I'll butt in anyway. First thing, I'd take the baby, purse (phone inside purse or pocket) and the keys to get into the house. I'd leave any purchases for after getting the baby safely settled in the house. I know it's easy for me to say, without benefit of sleep deprivation and baby-juggling, but I can't imagine leaving a baby or any child in the car while taking in objects. Yikes. I judge.

Show me one video of a father or mother who laughed and smiled a lot during interviews about their missing child, who was innocent.
They can usually barely hold their heads up and certainly aren't concerned about how they're being perceived by the media.

Has anything been mentioned about a lie detector test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back