TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
11 minutes ago:
“Today @FBI agents and investigators with @Austin_Police dept. going around apartment complex of #heidibroussard, knocking on doors and collecting surveillance video. Law enforcement update to come in a couple hours @NBCNightlyNews @NBCNews”
Sam Brock on Twitter
Thx for the Twitter post.
Are the steps going to their apt outside?
Corrected a word

Last edited:
Was an Amber Alert ever issued? The mom and baby could have been separated...something doesn't seem right. We should be looking for both mom and baby, whether together or not. Do they know more than what the public knows at this point?

Last edited:
And CW, at some point.

And so did Deorr Jr's parents. If I remember right their first call from the campground was to the Mom back home.

Light Bulb Moment: This act of calling one's parent appears it could be a "tell" of possible guilt. Its not 100 percent a guarantee of course but those are some good examples people just brought up and appears to show a pattern.

If you are innocent and in a real emergency, one typically calls the people that can immediately help and that typically is 911 LE. I am sure there are examples of innocent people calling their parent first also for advice so its not 100 percent guarantee but those were some good examples just stated by others.

To play devil's advocate, just for a moment, maybe he knows/thinks the police has already provided descriptions, so why does he need to?

Ummmm, but just a thought. Because the reason that you are on the news media is to find them, and use the media to get the word out with a photo and number to call for information? A la Kelsey Berreths mom per prime example? I guess it will be VERY interesting to see today presser if he is there. Or her family.

Just a thought for your devils' advocacy..... and indeed, there is a reason it is called being a devil's advocate. (NOT saying you! I understand how we do such on thread to shoot down!!!)

This is SO infuriating! Which news outlets are we to believe because this is one version I hadn't seen before and it was UPDATED/published only four hours ago on Husband of missing mom and newborn asks public to call police ‘if you see an awesome mom with a baby’

"... Carey says when he got home at 2 p.m., he received a call from the school that Broussard had not picked up his son.
That’s when he says he called police."

This, IMO, is just bad reporting. The above is not a quote from SC and I'm pretty sure it's wrong.

What about her phone?

Says it was shut off. Did not consider battery may have died? Expects keys might’ve been dumped in a dumpster but doesn’t consider phone might be dumped in the same place?

Called at 1:40 and phone had been “turned off.” He knew this before he discovered she wasn’t home. Wasn’t alarmed—could a nasty argument or threat of breakup have happened on the 8 am call? Triggered by the $25 book fair expense? Or maybe he keeps mentioning the only part of the call that “was ok.” Got even more mad because she’d turned it off to avoid him? Confronted her in the apt and bad went to worse?

Why seeking phone records and/or pings immediately? Because someone took her? Or to see what showed up on the record in case she’d turned it on and contacted someone else earlier who might’ve been given info and wants to know who?

Never went to sleep last night, read up to page 38 but can’t stay awake any longer. Sorry if this is somewhat incoherent. Have other thoughts about her phone but these were the main ones.

LE has not said much of anything including when they were called. MOO
I anticipate the time they received a 911 call will be one of the very few details r/t their investigation that LE will be willing to release in today's presser.

I think LE will verify time and location of last confirmed sighting of HB and whether or not MC was seen with her at that time.

SC will be described as "cooperating with the investigation," as per.

LE will say they don't have any suspects at this time, as per.

It will be interesting to see whether or not LE says that SC has been cleared.

JMO.

Or maybe they were broke and she just wanted him to know she spent the money so he did not overdraw the account?
I spent a lot of years broke. To them 25$ may be a lot of money. When we were young and just starting out we used to need to communicate who spent what....I don't suspect anyone in their right mind would kill someone over 25$ in any situation, but maybe the money issue weighs on his mind because it was their last conversation.
bbm That's been my thought, too. She could left voluntarily, maybe for a walk or to visit the neighbor, but something happened to her and the baby that had nothing to do with her him. If they had words over anything, and one partner leaves the house upset (or not) and something happens to them, that could make most people feel guilty.

But calling Dad? After he hasn't been able to communicate with his wife for 12 hours? She is with their 2 week old baby, turned off her phone, doesn't have her diaper bag or purse or car? Didn't pick up their son from school and didn't call to tell him she wasn't?

And so he calls his dad?

I don't know, but I think the story is different than his version he told---I don't think he called his Dad for information about where his missing wife was....I think he called him because he was super stressed out ...and Dad convinced him he had to call for help...JMO
I'm really glad you mentioned this. The fact he first called his dad really bothers me, and this is why (some facts and observations):
  • Shane is not 17, and he doesn't live with Dad (yet he immediately calls him.)
  • He never mentions trying to call Heidi again at any point when he sees she is missing. Not once. He says "the phone was shut off" earlier when he mentions calling her between noon and 1:40 (time changes). He NEVER says he tried calling her again.
  • What if her battery went dead or she was on the phone or sent it to VM on that earlier one attempt to call her before he "knew" she was "missing"?
  • How would he know the phone was shut off instead of other options and why not try to call her - FIRST? What would you do first, if your significant other went missing with a newborn, and you'd tried to call them 4-6 hours ago? YOU'D TRY to call them again, even if the phone had gone to VM hours ago!
  • In the inside interview he gets very upset when they "move his dad"... as if he was right in front of him at first. Why did he need the line of sight to his dad and why did someone move his Dad in that interview? He actually STOPPED the interview at that point.
  • His dad rubbing him on the back - well, that was just different. Annoying. Over the top really.
  • The dad was very calm throughout and did not appear to be upset at all.
  • His dad has set up a fund for him.
These are simply observations and facts to consider - I am not implying anything. I hope she and the baby are well and hiding, though I do not think it likely given all of the discrepancies in S's stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard