TX - Houston jogger finds missing baby dumped in bushes

This story stinks to high heaven. I cannot imagine a gas station clerk or attendant not calling 911 after a car theft and abduction. So this mother finds a ride home and two hours after the fact reported this serious life threatening crime from home???

Something is not right here.

MOO

Again, for those who think the story stinks-there is a video, and it supports mother's account.
Obviously she is telling the truth.

This story stinks to high heaven. I cannot imagine a gas station clerk or attendant not calling 911 after a car theft and abduction. So this mother finds a ride home and two hours after the fact reported this serious life threatening crime from home???

Something is not right here.

MOO

Agree! Is there any mention of why she was out at that hour?

My mom worked nights and picked me up from a sitter at 2:00 am every day, so it's not unusual to me. It's a little unusual that no mention has been made, though

Again, for those who think the story stinks-there is a video, and it supports mother's account.
Obviously she is telling the truth.

It might show what happens, but it can't show if it was planned.

Just saying. Her actions after are not of a concerned mother.

I find it HIGHLY suspect that something happened as quickly as she says, and she can get an incredibly intricate detailed description of the person.

I have nothing to add except that mom needs to buckle the baby more carefully. I'm running on the assumption that nobody moved the baby from the seat before the pictures were taken. Babies shouldn't be able to find enough slack in the straps to twist and turn out of them. That's a fine recipe for less than stellar protection in a crash or accidental strangulation.

That said, I'm so glad the baby had been found safe.

I'm wondering the motivations for leaving her there. Is it a well used jogging trail? Shady?

I don't think the guy intended to kidnap an infant. He was probably shocked and scared to realize she was there. What is a criminal to do? Walk her into a police station?

There were risks no matter what he did with her. What if he left her in the car and it wasn't recovered until noon?

I don't see anything to suggest her actions are not that of the concerned mother. She called 911 and gave a description of the suspect that matches that on video.
Not everything is a giant conspiracy theory.

I don't see anything to suggest her actions are not that of the concerned mother. She called 911 and gave a description of the suspect that matches that on video.

Hours later. I'm not buying that there wasn't ONE place she could have called the police in a 2 1/2 hour walk? She managed to see exactly what this person looked like to tiny details, who did this so fast, they sped away with to door open?

I don't believe everything is a giant conspiracy. In fact, I believe most things are as they seem. I just feel this stinks. BAD.

When the story first broke, it was an amber alert. The mother stated while she was in the gas station someone drove off in her car with her baby inside.

I thought well, if she's telling the truth the baby will be found abandoned and unharmed shortly. Because that's the pattern. Carjackers overwhelmingly dump unharmed children.

And sure enough.

I don't know what kind of panic you'd be in if you watched a stranger drive off with your baby - but running home to make a call isn't out of the realm of what someone might do.

There was a case a couple years ago of a med tech in an emergency room calling 911 when a patient they were struggling to save (in the ER) wasn't responding. I mean really. People in panic often do unpredictable and unreasonable things.

When the story first broke, it was an amber alert. The mother stated while she was in the gas station someone drove off in her car with her baby inside.

I thought well, if she's telling the truth the baby will be found abandoned and unharmed shortly. Because that's the pattern. Carjackers overwhelmingly dump unharmed children.

And sure enough.

I don't know what kind of panic you'd be in if you watched a stranger drive off with your baby - but running home to make a call isn't out of the realm of what someone might do.

There was a case a couple years ago of a med tech in an emergency room calling 911 when a patient they were struggling to save (in the ER) wasn't responding. I mean really. People in panic often do unpredictable and unreasonable things.

And the baby is back with her. If police for a second believed her story is hinky, I very much doubt she would get the baby back.

Hours later. I'm not buying that there wasn't ONE place she could have called the police in a 2 1/2 hour walk? She managed to see exactly what this person looked like to tiny details, who did this so fast, they sped away with to door open?

I don't believe everything is a giant conspiracy. In fact, I believe most things are as they seem. I just feel this stinks. BAD.

Remember that case in Houston a couple years ago where two co-workers at Catherine's clothing shop were walking out in the parking lot after closing. One was forced into a car by a stranger who abducted her, and the other one drove around town for hours after witnessing the crime, and hours later called her son in some foreign country to discuss this with him, and it was he who called emergency personnel? She got scared and just drove around for hours.

It seemed her story was impossible but yep. It was true. Some people just don't seem to process anything rationally when they're panicked.

And the baby is back with her. If police for a second believed her story is hinky, I very much doubt she would get the baby back.

They can feel any old way, They have to have proof that it is.

Remember that case in Houston a couple years ago where two co-workers at Catherine's clothing shop were walking out in the parking lot after closing. One was forced into a car by a stranger who abducted her, and the other one drove around town for hours after witnessing the crime, and hours later called her son in some foreign country to discuss this with him, and it was he who called emergency personnel? She got scared and just drove around for hours.

It seemed her story was impossible but yep. It was true. Some people just don't seem to process anything rationally when they're panicked.

It's so different when it's your BABY, though.

They can feel any old way, They have to have proof that it is.

They have proof that it happened exactly as mother said, because it's on surveillance video. Which they plan to release later today.
Again, it's all on video, including the suspect jumping into the car and driving away.
Everything is as she said in the video.
What other proof would anyone else need?

""In the video she's frantic. She's yelling at the store clerk and the customers,” explains Shaun Sylvester with the Houston Police Department. The woman then ran all the way to her apartment and called 911 because her cell phone was inside her stolen car. The vehicle turned up at 3:30am on Greens Parkway but it wasn't until 7:50am on Ella Boulevard when jogger Houng Nguyen heard crying coming from the bushes. She took a closer look and found 8 month old Genesis still strapped in her car seat. “I was really scared for her. I called 911,” says Nguyen.""

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/25850139/police-search-for-car-thief-that-dumped-8-month-old-baby

They have proof that it happened exactly as mother said, because it's on surveillance video. Which they plan to release later today.
Again, it's all on video, including the suspect jumping into the car and driving away.

I never questioned that it actually happened. I question that she didn't know it would happen. Which surveillance does nothing to prove.

It's not even the first time this type of carjacking/kidnapping happened in Houston. There is number of other similar cases.
So I am not going to discuss something not supported by any evidence, when video makes it very clear that it happened as she said.

It's not even the first time this type of carjacking/kidnapping happened in Houston. There is number of other similar cases.
So I am not going to discuss something not supported by any evidence, when video makes it very clear that it happened as she said.

You are discussing it, and I am allowed to have an opinion the opposite of yours!

And...you'd think if this is not a rare occurrence, a mother would have enough sense not to leave an infant in a running car, at 1:00 am!!!! That alone deserves a CPS visit, IMO.

People shouldn't be leaving their children in cars. Even for a second.
But it doesn't mean they are involved in giant conspiracy theories to have their car stolen, and their child dumped into bushes (where she could have easily died) for no apparent reason.

So she appears to have recognized the man "from the neighborhood". Indicating - to me - that this convenience store is in fact, in her neighborhood.

After screaming at the clerk and other patrons and getting no reaction (no one else called 911) it seems it would be rational to run back home and call from home, if she was in her neighborhood. How close to the convenience store did she actually live?

People shouldn't be leaving their children in cars. Even for a second.
But it doesn't mean they are involved in giant conspiracy theories to have their car stolen, and their child dumped into bushes (where she could have easily died) for no apparent reason.

We don't know her. People have lots of reasons for faking a child's abduction. It happens and it's not infrequent. Rarely (Actually, I don't think ever) have I thought a situation like this is false. This is the only time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megs89
Back