TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #2

Anyone heard any news about Smurfette lately?

October 16, 2012 - Harris County Jane Doe

https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=2zQgTj_0knWmu8G00

A digital rendering of what the Smurfette Doe might look like.Photo byNamUs

On October 16, 2012, a motorist stopped on the side of Walters Road, in Houston, Texas. The motorist discovered a black garbage bag that contained the body of a teenage girl, between fifteen and seventeen years old. The bag was adjacent to a gated driveway approximately 20-25 feet from the side of Walters Road, near the Fallbrook Church.

The girl wore a blue-green short sleeve tee-shirt (no size). On the front was the cartoon character Smurfette with a daisy and the words, "He Smurfs Me, He Smurfs Me Not." She also wore a pair of tan cargo pants (size 5). Her underclothes consisted of a black bra (34C) and pink panties. Because of her shirt, the girl became known as the Smurfette Doe. She also had long curly black-brown hair and could be biracial (Black and white).

The medical examiner estimated that Smurfette Doe had been dead for three to six weeks. While the manner of death could not be determined, the ME concluded she died as the result of a homicide given the attempt to hide the body.

International Identifinders has the girl's DNA and is working with the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences to find out who Smurfette Doe is.

If you have any information about the Smurfette Doe, please contact the Harris County Sheriff's Department at (713) 221-6000

@snowgoose no idea what's changed but there are 17 ruleouts in Namus now, whereas in post #154 in this thread, back in March 2020 there were only 14 visible ruleouts. So LE are definately working on the case.

@snowgoose no idea what's changed but there are 17 ruleouts in Namus now, whereas in post #154 in this thread, back in March 2020 there were only 14 visible ruleouts. So LE are definately working on the case.

View attachment 327964
View attachment 327965
I checked NamUs and there are no new exclusions. Still these 17.

Would love if there were more details available concerning where investigators are in the process, if they are close or stuck due to endogamy, etc. Glad she's in good hands.

Would love if there were more details available concerning where investigators are in the process, if they are close or stuck due to endogamy, etc. Glad she's in good hands.
My understanding is that minority groups (at least in America) are underrepresented in the public DNA databases that groups like Identifinders use, so I'd bet that they're probably working with some low matches. IIRC, Smurfette was of Hispanic descent, but that's the last I heard.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starrynight8974
Back