TX TX - Houston, 'Swimsuit Boy' WhtMale 15-19, UP4547, Dean Corll victim, Aug'73

It is generally believed that Scott's body remains unfound, on High Island, in the sands. This is based on things like testimony from the other offenders, who led LE to the successful recovery of other victims. They have Scott's mother's DNA for comparison, this is how they were able to correct an earlier misidentification. If this boy were Scott, the DNA would have shown that.

It is also believed, due to the position he was buried in the boat shed, that this boy was killed in 1971, perhaps in the summer due to his clothing. Scott was not killed until April 1972.

Unfortunately, I don't think Scott will ever be found. The beach where Corll and his comurderers buried the later victims has changed too much due to weather events which submerged it in water. Scott and probably at least one other victim remains out there.

MOO

I was reading a book about Dean Corll's crimes recently, and I read about a victim's mother being turned away by police because it was believed her son was "just a runaway". He had went to the pool that day with swim trunks, a towel, and some coins. She was understandably upset they thought he ran away when he only had change and an outfit to go swimming. I believe it was Gregory Winkle. Hilligiest had also went with him.

I think it was very likely this boy was picked up from the same pool. Most of his victims were abducted from the same area of town, so I doubt it'd be far-fetched to say this. I'm not sure how many swimming spots there were near Houston Heights in the 70s, but I wouldn't think many. Also since he was found with the swim trunks and a pair of corduroy pants, I think he was definitely planning to swim afterward. (Maybe he was picked up on his way there?) When I was a kid, I'd wear my swimsuit under my clothes so when I'd get in the pool I could just take off the pants, and not have to bother changing in and out of my clothes.

Just something I thought about I suppose. This child comes to my mind very often. I can't wait for the day he is finally identified.

I was reading a book about Dean Corll's crimes recently, and I read about a victim's mother being turned away by police because it was believed her son was "just a runaway". He had went to the pool that day with swim trunks, a towel, and some coins. She was understandably upset they thought he ran away when he only had change and an outfit to go swimming. I believe it was Gregory Winkle. Hilligiest had also went with him.

I think it was very likely this boy was picked up from the same pool. Most of his victims were abducted from the same area of town, so I doubt it'd be far-fetched to say this. I'm not sure how many swimming spots there were near Houston Heights in the 70s, but I wouldn't think many. Also since he was found with the swim trunks and a pair of corduroy pants, I think he was definitely planning to swim afterward. (Maybe he was picked up on his way there?) When I was a kid, I'd wear my swimsuit under my clothes so when I'd get in the pool I could just take off the pants, and not have to bother changing in and out of my clothes.

Just something I thought about I suppose. This child comes to my mind very often. I can't wait for the day he is finally identified.
David Hilligiest and Malley Winkle were on their way to the Bohemian lodge pool when they were abducted. I too had wondered if this boy had been abducted from this same pool. It would not surprise me. David and Wayne had hung out at this pool before trying to get other boys to go to "parties" with them. You would think someone would have noticed one of their friends disappearing from the pool.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Averagemale
Back