TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been said it was a 1973 or 1974 Chevy Caprice. I am so haunted and unsettled by this case. I live in Huntsville, TX. I've always been suspicious about the car she got out of and wonder if they tried finding 73/74 Chevy Caprices in Huntsville at the time for questioning or looking for evidence. They seem to never mention any interest in that car aside from the fact they mentioned she got out of it. The fact that she didn't have a bag/purse/backpack also sticks out to me. I wish we could know (if she really WAS heading to the prison) who was waiting for her? Male or female? Young or old? Related or friend? What was her plan once she visited given it was so late at night?

I have always wondered how much they looked into the car also. The scenario that she remained with that person and was possibly asking directions to the prison for that person is intriguing to me. And makes a lot of sense. Especially since she was never seen carrying any bags or a purse. It makes me think she was with that person all along and that here she had her items. The car should’ve been looked at as a key piece of evidence in my opinion

You're right. I've had that same thought... IF he did remember doing it, I think it would be hoping too much that he also remembered her name given his excess of encounters of young women.
But stranger things have happened!! You never know. He may at least have Visited with her enough to know her name which would be the hope

What really made my stomach drop when I was reading about Sam Little was the fact he brutally beat and strangled his victims and that he targeted women "who wouldn't be missed." That irks me. I hope we can find out what car he was driving at the time and a more precise location of his whereabouts that time of year. I believe they mentioned he was in Houston around the time which is about an hour and a half from Huntsville.
I believe she first showed up at a gas station on the south end of town. That would lead you to believe she was traveling north on 45.
I have always wondered how much they looked into the car also. The scenario that she remained with that person and was possibly asking directions to the prison for that person is intriguing to me. And makes a lot of sense. Especially since she was never seen carrying any bags or a purse. It makes me think she was with that person all along and that here she had her items. The car should’ve been looked at as a key piece of evidence in my opinion
I think to have left a bag in the car with the person she either knew them or had some reason to trust them. You don't leave your purse with a stranger.
I also wondered if she might have been killed in a hotel. She never asked about places she could stay considering she had to have known she couldn't get into the prison at night. She was carrying nothing with her so I highly doubt she planned to sleep rough. It also sounds like she didn't spend much time at the truck stop even though it was already dark at that time and if she didn't have a place to stay you would think she might try to stay as long as they would let her. Its possible this person told her he would take her to a hotel. I just wonder if it came down to him expecting "payment" for helping her out and she refused.

Hmm.. that's interesting. It would make sense that she kept her belongings in the car if she stepped in anywhere to ask for directions. Just imagining that the few days after she was found that there could have been the Chevy Caprise still in town with maybe her purse/backpack or ANYTHING of hers just sitting going un-investigated makes me want to scream. I wonder if they did search for blue Chevy Caprises and never mentioned it in updates or reports. I sometimes wonder how much info is being shared on this case...

What really made my stomach drop when I was reading about Sam Little was the fact he brutally beat and strangled his victims and that he targeted women "who wouldn't be missed." That irks me. I hope we can find out what car he was driving at the time and a more precise location of his whereabouts that time of year. I believe they mentioned he was in Houston around the time which is about an hour and a half from Huntsville.
I read the exact same thing and that was my reaction my jaw kind of dropped a little bit along with my heart. I live not too far from Huntsville in Montgomery and travel through there pretty often. Definitely possible if he was in the Houston area at the time he could’ve done this. We don’t know for sure that he didn’t pick her up in Houston or even further south to begin with . So many unknowns.

Yeah, that's possible. Perhaps the person knew she didn't have any money so he would ask for something sexual for payment and that's where everything went wrong.
Whoever it was and why they did it...I wish I could have about 15 - 20 minutes to “visit” with them. As in many cases....I’m a parent and the though of her getting beaten and hurt. Knowing that not one person was looking for her it was going to hop in to save her. She must have felt pretty alone. Spend extra time loving on your kiddos every day!

Hmm.. that's interesting. It would make sense that she kept her belongings in the car if she stepped in anywhere to ask for directions. Just imagining that the few days after she was found that there could have been the Chevy Caprise still in town with maybe her purse/backpack or ANYTHING of hers just sitting going un-investigated makes me want to scream. I wonder if they did search for blue Chevy Caprises and never mentioned it in updates or reports. I sometimes wonder how much info is being shared on this case...
Likely the belongings and her clothing were disposed of or hidden away that night or the next day. It seems like the method of killing her would be an attempt not to make a mess or noise.

I've been watching "Innocent Man" on Netflix and at one point it reveals that a case was seriously mishandled and information was concealed because the police were trying to protect someone involved who was actually guilty of the crime. Given how small Huntsville is, even more-so back then, I wonder if maybe it was someone from the prison who did it and they happened to know the policeman/detective and they have been hindering the progress as a means to protect him. I dunno, with the lack of information shared and how some of it is so vague, it makes me wonder.

I've been watching "Innocent Man" on Netflix and at one point it reveals that a case was seriously mishandled and information was concealed because the police were trying to protect someone involved who was actually guilty of the crime. Given how small Huntsville is, even more-so back then, I wonder if maybe it was someone from the prison who did it and they happened to know the policeman/detective and they have been hindering the progress as a means to protect him. I dunno, with the lack of information shared and how some of it is so vague, it makes me wonder.
It’s strange that you say that I have thought the exact same thing. From the lack of information the lack of reporting and some pieces of evidence mysteriously disappeared “necklace” it does seem something is strange.

Anything is possible. It could also be that the person is local but doesn't necessarily live in Huntsville. Lots of people go through there on the way to other places. I live 45 minutes from Huntsville but we use a dentist out there. We also go that way any time we travel to Galveston. The 1696 exit she was found near will take you to other small towns. You can follow it all the way to Iola where another Jane Doe was found in 1981.

Back on the Sam Little question - He seems to have a confessed to a murder in Houton that has yet to be confirmed and these are the dates he gave - also on the same ViCAP article, he has confessed to a murder in Georgia in 1980 or 1981. If he mentioned an unmatched murder in Houston, I believe he also would have told them about WCJD if he was responsible.
Houston, Texas
  • Unmatched Confession: Black female between 25-28 years old killed between 1976 and 1979 or in 1993.

It’s strange that you say that I have thought the exact same thing. From the lack of information the lack of reporting and some pieces of evidence mysteriously disappeared “necklace” it does seem something is strange.
It truly blows my mind how the couple pieces of physical evidence we actually have for her was "lost" like that... I agree, it does reinforce that something strange was going on or proves that this case has been handled poorly.

Anything is possible. It could also be that the person is local but doesn't necessarily live in Huntsville. Lots of people go through there on the way to other places. I live 45 minutes from Huntsville but we use a dentist out there. We also go that way any time we travel to Galveston. The 1696 exit she was found near will take you to other small towns. You can follow it all the way to Iola where another Jane Doe was found in 1981.
I live in Huntsville, TX and whenever I am near the area where she was found or the Hitchin' Post I think of her and brainstorm all the possibilities and wish I could have better pictures of what the streets looked like the year she was found.

--

Last edited:
Whoever it was and why they did it...I wish I could have about 15 - 20 minutes to “visit” with them. As in many cases....I’m a parent and the though of her getting beaten and hurt. Knowing that not one person was looking for her it was going to hop in to save her. She must have felt pretty alone. Spend extra time loving on your kiddos every day!
I'm not a mom, but I completely feel the same way. My heart breaks when I think of how alone and helpless she must have felt; especially if the theories are true that her parents were happy to be rid of her given the suspected bad family life, for her to know she was far away and alone during those brutal last moments. What a tragic fate. So many questions of WHY?

Does anybody know what email to contact LE at?

Going by the latest posts, I wonder if the theory was right - that WCJD was a young looking young woman not a minor teenage girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500