TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Law Enforcement

I am unsure how I should send an email; I got the E-mail for the Harris Institute of Forensic Sciences, but how should I address it?

I am unsure how I should send an email; I got the E-mail for the Harris Institute of Forensic Sciences, but how should I address it?
Just tell them about the possible match you believe you have come across and give them any details of the conclusion you came to. Keep us updated! I hope this is a match.

I think CarlK is in personal contact with the detective on the case. He runs the wcjd Facebook group, you could message him on here or there and ask him the best way to get the tip straight to the detective?

I understand. That’s the risk I decided to take when I chose to do this.

Regardless of the approach I think it’s worth a great deal that someone and in fact all of you/us contribuate and care enough to work on and keep these cases alive.
I absolutely respect that!

Had a dream last night a bunch of us were all in a house... most of you were in the kitchen, and then I got a phone call that WCDJ had been identified and the caller on the other line gave me a name. I raaaan into the kitchen to tell everyone and it was a glorious moment!! Sad to wake up knowing she's still a mystery :-(

Had a dream last night a bunch of us were all in a house... most of you were in the kitchen, and then I got a phone call that WCDJ had been identified and the caller on the other line gave me a name. I raaaan into the kitchen to tell everyone and it was a glorious moment!! Sad to wake up knowing she's still a mystery :-(

Well thats sad ! our two unidentified pet cases drive me soooooooo nuts , of course the other one means something more to me but this one reminds me a lot of just being 14 and how easily that could have been me , I'm sure a lot of us feel the same.

What did we all look like lol

I've notices that dreams at night about UID's tend to give them common "needle in a haystack" names like Mary Jones, or nonsense names like Irma Lovegood.

I was talking to a lady at my work this week and she has lived in Huntsville her whole life. Since I'm obsessed, I always find a way to bring up Walker County Jane Doe (and I feel like a freak when I do) to people I know have lived here their whole lives. When I asked her about it, she said she was in high school when it happened. I asked her how much attention it got and if it was "well known" around town back then. She seemed pretty aloof about it and as said it was treated like it was any other news story. She said from what she remembers, it was on the news for only one night and it wasn't til months after WCJD was found that they started showing/hanging up her picture. Given, I know back then it might have taken some time to create the reconstruction picture - but it still seemed odd that it took a few months before it was "buzzing". Mostly because to me, as long as i've been researching this case, something has always seemed off. It had seemed curious and strange how little of information about this case is has been given or available. Who knows, maybe i'm just perpetually suspicious, but I think part of the reason WCJD is such a pet case of mine is because of how something seems off (aside from her tragic and brutal fate).

**Also, I don't know if it's worth mentioning or is valuable to this case but she also said the area WCJD's body was found, it's a known area for people to dump bodies and a few have been found there since**

Last edited:
2019. It’s now the time to seize the day and give her back her name. We’re her family for now, and if my work isn’t successful - it’s okay. She’s somebody. “Jane Doe,” isn’t her name. She had a name. It is everybody’s job to help give her a name back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500