TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #3 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the DNA they extracted for CODIS way back in 1999(?) was not enough for genetic genealogy and they would need to exhume her again to get a better sample.

Come on Walker County..."Do something!!!"

She's identifiable.......
Yep, feeling your frustration. Hard to know if they are actually doing something or just don’t care and are paying anyone who enquires about it with bureaucratic lip service. They are not exactly forthcoming with information. They don’t even have a Web Page that works. All you get is “403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.” I thought that might be because I was in Australia and being Geo-blocked. Tried it with my VPN connected to a Texas Server, same thing. I mean the CIA, FBI and NSA have Websites anyone can visit, but apparently WCSD is such a clandestine organisation you have to supply the correct credentials for their website. Did I mention that Othram Labs is only a 43 minute drive from WCSD …..

Last edited:
This is such a crazy sitiation with WCJD I have spent 100's of hours such as 100's of people trying to find any articles of any type all over and found very little. It was said the detectives search all over the Rockport, Aransas pass, Corpus Christie area and or surrounds with the first coposite drawing and I haven't found one single article and don't think anyone else has. I have reservations anyone is doing a DNA testing. I pray I'm wrong but its such a hush hush with the detectives. I really think if it wasn't for Carl Copeland around 2010 not very many would even know that this case even existed.

This is such a crazy sitiation with WCJD I have spent 100's of hours such as 100's of people trying to find any articles of any type all over and found very little. It was said the detectives search all over the Rockport, Aransas pass, Corpus Christie area and or surrounds with the first coposite drawing and I haven't found one single article and don't think anyone else has. I have reservations anyone is doing a DNA testing. I pray I'm wrong but its such a hush hush with the detectives. I really think if it wasn't for Carl Copeland around 2010 not very many would even know that this case even existed.

Yep, feeling your frustration. Hard to know if they are actually doing something or just don’t care and are paying anyone who enquires about it with bureaucratic lip service. They are not exactly forthcoming with information. They don’t even have a Web Page that works. All you get is “403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.” I thought that might be because I was in Australia and being Geo-blocked. Tried it with my VPN connected to a Texas Server, same thing. I mean the CIA, FBI and NSA have Websites anyone can visit, but apparently WCSD is such a clandestine organisation you have to supply the correct credentials for their website. Did I mention that Othram Labs is only a 43 minute drive from WCSD …..
It's within the Walker County website
Usually case info, news is handled via Social Media/Press releases

Our local sheriff is pretty active on FB...you know stuff like...There's a horrific accident over there, don't drive over there etc....We busted a theft ring..This is the second tiger we have confiscated in the past month..We have a fireworks ban due to drought..Protect your family from human trafficking...stuff like that...

LOL- Walker County has a notification about a stray bull...
Sheriff's Office

I thought the DNA they extracted for CODIS way back in 1999(?) was not enough for genetic genealogy and they would need to exhume her again to get a better sample.

Come on Walker County..."Do something!!!"

She's identifiable.......

As far as I know she has never been reburied. I remember it was posted on her facebook page that her mandible was sent to a lab and they wouldn't have sent that if that was the only thing they had on her.

i feel i should tell you guys that some fanatical activists are going through murder, disappearance and UID articles on Wikipedia and changing every use of the word prostitute to sex worker. Princess Doe has fallen as of this writing.

i feel i should tell you guys that some fanatical activists are going through murder, disappearance and UID articles on Wikipedia and changing every use of the word prostitute to sex worker. Princess Doe has fallen as of this writing.
What exactly is the problem with that? Many find the word “prostitute” demeaning and demoralizing. “Sex worker” is meant to refer to the work they do rather than status, as those in that industry are so much more than only their work.

Fanatical activists???

I honestly can't see any issue with them doing this. Why not try to make the articles more victim friendly?

Good! Prostitute is an outdated term and is pretty derogatory. In plenty of places in the world (like where I live) sex work - the oldest profession in the world - is legal and workers are treated with some dignity, not as criminals. High five to whoever is updating the Wikipedia pages.

What is the possibility that WCJD is foreign? I was looking on The Doe Network for missing foreign girls and came across this

The Doe Network: Case File 2125DFFRA

I think it is impossible but I would like to know what you think

I agree that it is impossible. The people she spoke to would have mentioned any unusual accent. Someone with a French accent would really stand out in small-town Texas.

On the other topic of discussion, I also agree with the other commenters that it's good to use the most current terminology on Wikipedia.

I agree that it is impossible. The people she spoke to would have mentioned any unusual accent. Someone with a French accent would really stand out in small-town Texas.

On the other topic of discussion, I also agree with the other commenters that it's good to use the most current terminology on Wikipedia.

My husband is french (but not Acadian). He is fluently bilingual. He has no english accent when speaking french nor does he have a french accent when speaking english. I do. We live in Grand Barachois, New Brunswick, the heart of Acadia by any other name. He comes from away, so he still shocks people here when he first meets them and they find out he speaks more french than I (but, I always say, you should be able to tell he's actually french mother-tongue as he talks with his hands in both languages!). There are many here who can switch to the other language mid-sentence and carry on --- without accent.

It is indeed a "possible" vice "impossible".

A lack of accent should not be the sole reason to rule out a possible identification.

Last edited:
My husband is french (but not Acadian). He is fluently bilingual. He has no english accent when speaking french nor does he have a french accent when speaking english. I do. We live in Grand Barachois, New Brunswick, the heart of Acadia by any other name. He comes from away, so he still shocks people here when he first meets them and they find out he speaks more french than I (but, I always say, you should be able to tell he's actually french mother-tongue as he talks with his hands in both languages!). There are many here who can switch to the other language mid-sentence and carry on --- without accent.

It is indeed a "possible" vice "impossible".

A lack of accent should not be the sole reason to rule out a possible identification.

I know that people can be fluently bilingual, but the post I replied to was talking about a 14-year-old girl from a rural part of France. There's no indication that she grew up speaking English, let alone well enough to pass for American.

It seems very unlikely, however when cases are so long cold, my personal opinion is we should not rule out anyone prematurely.

I would wonder, of course, how she would get to the US and find herself in Texas with a "who cares" attitude. That seems more of a stretch to me. It would be quite a story.

I think the *idea* of WCJD possibly being foreign is one to consider. I've looked at Interpol when searching for matches. I'm sure many, many others have as well. My thought was maybe someone who was moved around or trafficked as a very young child, but I never found anyone who seemed to fit.

I know that people can be fluently bilingual, but the post I replied to was talking about a 14-year-old girl from a rural part of France. There's no indication that she grew up speaking English, let alone well enough to pass for American.

True, but it doesn't say she's from a rural part of France. It says she was vacationing with her aunt and uncle, who lived there. She herself could have come from anywhere. She fits the stats and has a resemblance. I think it's worth looking into some more.

I don’t think it wouldn’t have been noticed if WCJD was foreign. In 1980, the Cold War had just gotten Colder again.

WCJD: “Who cares-ski? I need to get back to Moscow to battle Moose and Squirrel.

I think we know so little actual facts about her past (the Aransas Pass theory may also not be true), it is definitely worthwile exploring other routes.
I do not think we have any chance knowing who she is unless genetic genealogy is done, which is not communicated to the public at this point. I hope all is well underway and she will have her name back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin