Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
WCJD was seen by three people who talked to her and interacted with her. They didn't just see pictures of her; they were in the same room with her and heard her voice and perceived her behavior. She utterly failed to convince the waitress that she was 19. Add that to the forensics and the estimate of 14 1/2 to 16 1/2 is still probable.

Hmm, I see.

How about any of these? Some have been suggested as serial killer victims, but that's not definite proof they are (remember Leonard Fraser).

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/31371/270 - Patricia Taylor, 14, January 1st 1980, OK. Would have been 15.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12215/280 - Julie Hill, 22, July 18th 1980, MN. Would have been 22.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4571/249 - Lucinda Schaefer, 16, June 24th 1979, CA. Would have been 17.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4594/135 - Barbara Glueckert, 14, August 11th 1974, IL. Would have been 20.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2555/98 - Janice Pockett, 7, July 26th 1973, CT. Would have been 14.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1721/242 - Katherine Anderson, 24, April 20th 1979, MD. Would have been 25. Looks younger than 24.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12102/253 - Norma Halford, 21, August 24th 1979, CO. Would have been 22.

I can't believe it's been 35 years. I know I suggest Janice Pockett for everything (especially the Lime Lady), but I don't want to rule out anything. Remember, if you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, is the answer.

Has anyone suggested Sophie Helen Woodman?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/47dfvic.html

She was suggested in the Valentine Sally thread and I thought she resembled WCJD and fit several of her specifics. I realize Australia is a long way from Texas for a young girl but stranger things have happened :/

Has anyone suggested Sophie Helen Woodman?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/47dfvic.html

She was suggested in the Valentine Sally thread and I thought she resembled WCJD and fit several of her specifics. I realize Australia is a long way from Texas for a young girl but stranger things have happened :/

Would she be able to disguise her accent?
I've wondered if she & her friend had a fight that turned violent.

Circumstances Of Disappearance
Woodman and a friend ran away from their respective Western Australia homes in March of 1980. They reached Victoria together, with plans to meet again in Queensland after going their separate ways for a brief time.

Woodman never arrived as scheduled in Queensland and has not been seen since, nor has she made any contact with family or friends.
Her friend arrived in the region safely, but was not able to help investigators with Woodman's case.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing about the accent after I posted. It seems unlikely she would have bothered to disguise it or was even able to.

How about any of these? Some have been suggested as serial killer victims, but that's not definite proof they are (remember Leonard Fraser).

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4571/249 - Lucinda Schaefer, 16, June 24th 1979, CA. Would have been 17.

The evidence that Lawrence Bittaker murdered Lucinda Schaefer is about as definite as you can get. He had her on audiotape begging him to give her a few moments to pray before he murdered her.

She's not WCJD by any stretch of the imagination.

The evidence that Lawrence Bittaker murdered Lucinda Schaefer is about as definite as you can get. He had her on audiotape begging him to give her a few moments to pray before he murdered her.

Yeah, she definitely died in 1979. It is such a horrible, sickening case.

OT, but I saw Andria Ann Bailey mentioned on Who Was Walker County Jane Doe?. I don't see her on the rule-out list, but she has DNA available. But since Roselvr made the post about DNA I've been pretty confused. I thought CODIS was one system...but it's seeming to be different. I thought it would be rule-out by default? I'm so confused..

How unique were the necklace and shoes?

With the Peaches case in New York, the police took out an ad in a tattoo magazine to try to find the artist who did the tattoo. It worked.

It's too late to do anything similar now, but maybe they should show the necklace to a jeweler if it's unique.

How unique were the necklace and shoes?

With the Peaches case in New York, the police took out an ad in a tattoo magazine to try to find the artist who did the tattoo. It worked.

It's too late to do anything similar now, but maybe they should show the necklace to a jeweler if it's unique.

Unfortunately, the necklace is lost, and never was photographed.

As for the shoes, a photograph has never been released, although they do still have them.

Oh, I didn't realise that. Poor little kid.

Would she be able to disguise her accent?
I've wondered if she & her friend had a fight that turned violent.

lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

13 years old crossing 2124 miles (3418 kms) is rather amazing. Victoria to Queensland is another 1800 kms at least. They think Valmae Beck and Barry Watts were potentially responsible. As an aussie, i am hopeless at disguising my accent. Our voices naturally rise as we end a sentence almost always sounding like a question mark and there are some parts of our country where i cannot even understand their accent. lol.

Getting a tiny bit grisly here...

I just did my own comparison of her morgue photograph (not the funeral one, but one where her mouth is open) and the recently surfaced one of a girl believed to be named Kathy (or a variant). IMHO, everything looks like a match. Her forehead, eyes, and especially nose and chin match the new picture.

Where did the new picture come from? Where did the name suggestions appear?

The people researching Allenstown NH Jane Doe and her children (on Facebook) found a C. missing in Vermont. I thought she looked like this girl too but I'm not sure the timeline works. They think C. went missing in about 1974 when she was 15, so she'd have been 21 in 1980.

eta: you probably mean the Kathy earlier in this thread. My bad.

Getting a tiny bit grisly here...

I just did my own comparison of her morgue photograph (not the funeral one, but one where her mouth is open) and the recently surfaced one of a girl believed to be named Kathy (or a variant). IMHO, everything looks like a match. Her forehead, eyes, and especially nose and chin match the new picture.

Where did the new picture come from? Where did the name suggestions appear?

A man sent the picture to Carl of Kathy. He had met Kathy briefly during a stay in a motel, likely in Beeville TX, sometime after pril 1980. She hung out with him and his sister. They took the photo after Kathy and the sister went swimming, so her hair was wet. She was staying with a couple in their thirties at the time, and had a friend in Sugarland Prison. Kathy asked the guy's stepfather for a ride to Sugarland, but he didn't end up giving her one.

Apparently, the couple she was staying with owned a large car, possibly a Chevy, with a white/beige top, similar to the one that dropped WCJD at the Hitch'n'---only it was maroon instead of blue.

Although his sister couldn't corroborate whether Kathy did have a friend in Sugarland Prison.

Didn't this girl have something along the lines of PID from getting an STD? So she was obviously sexually active ....when did girls around this time start becoming sexually active? was it pretty young, or were they older? If she was a Christian missionary and active at her church, wouldn't the chances be more likely of her not being sexually active? That sort of dissuades me from thinking she was active in a Church ...but who knows...I also don't think "churchy" people have a tendency to run away from their parents (if they're actively involved in the church that is) AND if she was 14 she probably would've had to have that std for at least a year or two before it would develop into something as serious as PID (usually it does). So would it be likely that she was having sex at 12/13 in that time period? I probably think she was at like 15/16 then and not younger than 14, but who knows I may be wrong, but just thought I would chime in since I've been reading this thread for a while without actually contributing :D

Didn't this girl have something along the lines of PID from getting an STD? So she was obviously sexually active ....when did girls around this time start becoming sexually active? was it pretty young, or were they older? If she was a Christian missionary and active at her church, wouldn't the chances be more likely of her not being sexually active? That sort of dissuades me from thinking she was active in a Church ...but who knows...I also don't think "churchy" people have a tendency to run away from their parents (if they're actively involved in the church that is) AND if she was 14 she probably would've had to have that std for at least a year or two before it would develop into something as serious as PID (usually it does). So would it be likely that she was having sex at 12/13 in that time period? I probably think she was at like 15/16 then and not younger than 14, but who knows I may be wrong, but just thought I would chime in since I've been reading this thread for a while without actually contributing :D

I don't think she had PID.

+
In the link it said she was placed on garage door springs. They would have had to come from the scrap yard. I can't imagine anyone driving around with those in their car. Most scrap yards are fenced and locked to ward off theft. I could be totally wrong, but I feel like he had access to one of those building somehow.

My gut instinct agrees with you, catherine. Especially in Mt. Vernon/the Bronx, you'd want to keep people away from your scrap metal - people are still stealing copper out of buildings up here, to sell for $ for drugs. My original theory was that he or his family owned one of those businesses.

I don't recall any mention of WCJD having PID...but Orange Socks, who was found exactly a year before her, about two hours away from her, suffered from salphignitis from gonorrhea. IDK if that's who you're thinking of.

ahh yes, I'm probably thinking of that then. Probably just read it in this forum and assumed wcjd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member