TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody reached out to Adventures With Purpose? They are a dive team that uses sonar typically to find cars, but on a couple of occasions have searched for bodies. Maybe they (or people that they recommend) could come out and sonar the pond?

Oops. I did not read thoroughly enough to realize this probably cannot be done. Apologies.

Pond was drained, they used side scanning sonar but they did say the bottom was a thick layer of muck.

They did also say they weren’t sure if dogs led to house and the pond because trooper searched the area first.

A friend of my mine actually convinced the owner of the property to show her around and take her out to the pond that was drained. She was actually able to look through the area the pond was drained into to see if there was anything there of note. She posted a video on her Vimeo page of her walking through the area and checking out several features.

Based on this and the fact of the dogs going back and forth between the pond and the house I'm running down the thread of some other underground structure that Jason could have fallen into. Without any access to better aerial imagery, I have hired a drone pilot to go out and fly the roughly 160 acres around this area and capture some HD imagery. If this yields anything of interest then I'll go to the next step of doing a photogrammetry survey that can yield a sub 1 inch topographic map of the area. The pilot is heading out there Sunday morning so I will share the imagery here once I have it.

A friend of my mine actually convinced the owner of the property to show her around and take her out to the pond that was drained. She was actually able to look through the area the pond was drained into to see if there was anything there of note. She posted a video on her Vimeo page of her walking through the area and checking out several features.

Based on this and the fact of the dogs going back and forth between the pond and the house I'm running down the thread of some other underground structure that Jason could have fallen into. Without any access to better aerial imagery, I have hired a drone pilot to go out and fly the roughly 160 acres around this area and capture some HD imagery. If this yields anything of interest then I'll go to the next step of doing a photogrammetry survey that can yield a sub 1 inch topographic map of the area. The pilot is heading out there Sunday morning so I will share the imagery here once I have it.

Hello; I didn't know whether to reply WOW, or thank you, but WOW and thank you!!! Katt

That's amazing video. Is the unoccupied house kept locked? Was that the owner of the house? Wow that well was creepy. What was in there? And what is the Pikes Jacket? Should I know this?
MOO

That's great ~ thank you!

I've been following this case all along and it really hits home partly because Jason really reminds me of my youngest son who is away at college. I've been gathering my own data on various items and compiling it with some of the other known info just to put forth what I think could be a plausible series of events. I've put it all into one document so hopefully some of you on here can add to/take away/build on it to get us closer to finding out what happened to Jason.

Note: the PDF was too large to attach so I made a shareable link in my DropBox account
Dropbox - Jason Landry.pdf - Simplify your life

If that doesn't work or is not allowed, let me know and I can screenshot and post as images
Perfect !!! reading up on it now.. Thank you so much

Last edited:
That's amazing video. Is the unoccupied house kept locked? Was that the owner of the house? Wow that well was creepy. What was in there? And what is the Pikes Jacket? Should I know this?
MOO

The video was done by a woman out of San Marcos who has also been researching this case. She is not the homeowner, but has developed a good relationship with him and he has given her access to the surrounding area. The homeowner was onsite that day, but did not want to be on camera. The Pike jacket was a hoodie from the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity that was found on the bank of one of the creeks in the area by a bridge. It has never been attributed to Jason Landry, nor was he a member of that fraternity. The general consensus is that it is unrelated to the case.

Is anybody on here a gamer/discord user? I was running down the thread of what if Jason just happened upon the wrong house to ask for help. Think accidentally stumbling upon Jeffrey Dahmer's house. In doing so, I pulled up the DPS sex offender database to see if there was anybody in the general vicinity. There was no one in the areas Jason could have walked to, but as I started back-tracking on the map, I noticed an odd push-pin at the approximate location where he shut down Waze and pulled up snapchat. It turns out there is a half-way house right there that houses 34 registered sex offenders. It made me start wondering if he had met someone through gaming chat that was not who Jason thought he was? I'm wondering if we can find out what game he was into, could we look back through chat logs in discord to find out if he was chatting with anybody in the days leading up to his disappearance?

Attachments

• DPS.jpg
    DPS.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 51
Is anybody on here a gamer/discord user? I was running down the thread of what if Jason just happened upon the wrong house to ask for help. Think accidentally stumbling upon Jeffrey Dahmer's house. In doing so, I pulled up the DPS sex offender database to see if there was anybody in the general vicinity. There was no one in the areas Jason could have walked to, but as I started back-tracking on the map, I noticed an odd push-pin at the approximate location where he shut down Waze and pulled up snapchat. It turns out there is a half-way house right there that houses 34 registered sex offenders. It made me start wondering if he had met someone through gaming chat that was not who Jason thought he was? I'm wondering if we can find out what game he was into, could we look back through chat logs in discord to find out if he was chatting with anybody in the days leading up to his disappearance?
Oh my !!! Just when it seems this disappearance can't get any worse! That's so disturbing. Good work.
MOO

Brilliant and thank you @JimWest!
I don't know if you are aware of drone expert Gene Robinson that provided services last December but you and/or your drone pilot may want to make contact with him.

One week later, search continues for missing Texas State student

I think this is a very interesting theory. My husband and son are gamers. Messaging would depend on the platform played on. I tried going back but I only see reference to a laptop and gaming equipment. On consoles like playstation or xbox they use party chat of the console and talk to others playing on the same type of console either playstation or xbox. PC or laptop or mobile users use either game chat or discord. Game chat is for users playing in the same game. Discord can be used cross platforms and while users are in different games. All would be easy to check if someone had his equipment I assume.

I haven't seen the exact stats you're posting but looked at stats in Luling a while back and they were off the charts regarding offenders vs. population.

One such site lists the charges and the majority of them (sickeningly so) are children/minors/juveniles.

Registered sex offenders in Caldwell, Texas - crimes listed, registry-based, living in this city

Hello new to this site but have been reading the post/comments first of all prayers go out to the family hopefully jason can be found asap.
I decided to sign up to add a comment I don't know exact location of crash site on Google maps I just read that it was on salt flat road but I wanted to add that I just zoomed in on Google maps after watching the vimeo vid of the pond and I saw that there is what looks like a trash disposal company on salt flat road!! Has that been checked out?!!? What if he was cold and decided to take shelter for the night in a dumpster "according to their Google page photos there's dumpsters"
And froze or something overnight and dumpster was taking to landfill next morning??? Any info if that disposal place been searched or looked into????!!!
Also if you zoom out you can see that the lulling wastewater treatment is not far from salt flat rd aswell
These are just my couch detective thinking places that I just wanted to mention that I just saw on Google maps.
Any add ins, opinions, what ifs welcome again prayers for Jason and the family

Last edited:
I haven't seen the exact stats you're posting but looked at stats in Luling a while back and they were off the charts regarding offenders vs. population.

I was pulling this directly off of Texas DPS Sex Offender Registry site. The search section has a good mapping function.

Texas Public Sex Offender Registry

My son said this could be done if you know what server or direct message he was in, you can search for keywords, dates, etc to filter messages. But any admin has the ability to delete messages for everyone.
MOO

Great sleuthing @JimWest ! That definitely adds a whole other element to consider regarding what could have gone wrong in Luling.

Hired a drone pilot to go out there yesterday morning and get us some better aerial images of some key points of interest. What we are referring to as the West Pond is immediately to the West of where the clothes were dropped and along one of routes Jason could have taken out to 86. We also wanted to see if this route was still fairly passable and what other dangers were in that area. The other pond, listed as the East Pond, is the one that was drained during the first search. We also got some good overhead shots of the whole area centering on the vacant house at 2379 Salt Flat Rd. There is also video footage that is still being processed and I'll post that as well once they are finished. I've shared the images through my Dropbox account to maintain resolution. Here is the link

Dropbox - Aerial Imagery - Simplify your life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member