GUILTY TX - Jazmine Barnes, 7, shot/killed in drive-by shooting, Houston, Dec 2018 *ARREST*

drjones

Former Member
Reaction score
Girl, 7, fatally shot in car in Walmart parking lot; gunman at large: Authorities

"The girl, who has not been identified, was leaving the Walmart at 15491 Wallisville at Beltway in the Wallisville section at about 7 a.m. when an unknown man shot into their car, according to the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

"Mother & daughter were in a car leaving a store when an unknown male began shooting into their car for an unknown reason," Sheriff Ed Gonzalez tweeted."

Girl, 7, fatally shot in car in Walmart parking lot; gunman at large: Authorities
In addition to the girl and her mother, two teenagers and a younger girl were also in the car, Gonzalez said: the teen girls were not hurt, and the girl suffered "glass fragment injuries."
The suspect, who was wearing a red hoodie, fled in a red truck, Gonzalez said. He was described as being in his 40s and having a beard, Razo said.
Jesse Razo, a major with the Sheriff's Office, said a news briefing that the suspect was driving a red pickup truck with no plates.
more...

No plates on the truck...sounds premeditated, IMO. I wonder if the other girls in the truck were related to the woman and 7-year-old. Were they (ETA: the mother and daughter) targeted, maybe? MOO

Very sad. I hope they catch this guy.

If the person got on the beltway there will be a picture of the tag. There are cameras at the entrance and exits of the beltway if this is a toll portion of it.

your comment made me go look at the area on google maps - it is packed with stores that could have surveillance cameras. the truck had no tags but it could definitely provide other helpful details (ie exact make and model, missing hubcap/dents etc)

edit - regarding the license plates, the last public comment from the sheriff's office says "red pickup with unknown license, unknown description" - i dont know if the media is mistaken or has further information that it had NO license plates, i cant find a quote from police saying that yet.

Last edited:
The last shooting I heard of in Houston that the perp indiscriminately started shooting into a car full of kids was gang-related earlier this year. Not saying this is the case..

The other was a mistaken identity... Again same scenario as first.

My heart goes out to this family. I hope the other girls get counselling to help with the trauma.

Such devastating news. It was difficult even to read about this senseless and evil act.

Rest in Peace beautiful Jazmine.

I know this area really well. I used to live near there and it’s near my job. I use the Panera on the corner and the Chik-Fil-a all the time.

There are no toll cameras on that immediate section of the beltway. It’s part of the free area. Next camera for tags would be at the ship channel heading south or just north of 90 heading north. There may be traffic cams in the area. If she left the Walmart parking lot and pulled on to the frontage, it would be Panera and possibly the auto dept of Walmart with cameras there, then you are in to the neighborhood. It’s a little vague if she was shot on the frontage or on the beltway. If she continued south there and did a turn around she would have used the Texas turnaround on Woodforest.

My thought: if he truly didn’t have a plate (i.e. removed it) organized hit.
If plate hasn’t been identified yet, road rage. It’s hard to merge around that area, if she cut someone off someone could have taken exception to it.

I’ve been following this story, as my husband is in his 40’s, has a beard, has red hoodies and drives a red truck. He was in bed with me this morning at 7AM (he has flu, been in bed for the weekend), but I wanted him to be aware in case there are any reproccusions in the area. Hopefully they catch this perp quickly.

I know this area really well. I used to live near there and it’s near my job. I use the Panera on the corner and the Chik-Fil-a all the time.

There are no toll cameras on that immediate section of the beltway. It’s part of the free area. Next camera for tags would be at the ship channel heading south or just north of 90 heading north. There may be traffic cams in the area. If she left the Walmart parking lot and pulled on to the frontage, it would be Panera and possibly the auto dept of Walmart with cameras there, then you are in to the neighborhood. It’s a little vague if she was shot on the frontage or on the beltway. If she continued south there and did a turn around she would have used the Texas turnaround on Woodforest.

My thought: if he truly didn’t have a plate (i.e. removed it) organized hit.
If plate hasn’t been identified yet, road rage. It’s hard to merge around that area, if she cut someone off someone could have taken exception to it.

I’ve been following this story, as my husband is in his 40’s, has a beard, has red hoodies and drives a red truck. He was in bed with me this morning at 7AM (he has flu, been in bed for the weekend), but I wanted him to be aware in case there are any reproccusions in the area. Hopefully they catch this perp quickly.
So the chronicle reports this morning that it happened as they were pulling out of the parking lot, mom got on the beltway to get away I assume and call 911... I’m still betting this was either random or road rage.

Sheriff releases name of 7-year-old girl shot leaving east Harris County Walmart with her mother

If she pulled out the east side and crossed the frontage she would have ended up going southbound on beltway. That’s a particularly tight spot, possible for road rage if she cut him off crossing traffic or merging on the beltway. She could have gotten on, the shooting occured and taken the immediate next exit which is Woodforest. He would have continued south and possibly fled on I-10, east or west bound, doubtful he crossed the shipping channel with its cameras. Possibly she followed him onto Woodforest for the turnaround and he fled back north bound. She stopped for aid.

7 AM on a Sunday seems like an odd time for random gang violence to me. Also a guy in his 40’s seem unlikely a gang initiation. You had that crazy guy on the other side of town who didn’t like women drivers and would shot randomly at them, maybe a copycat?

There is supposedly an Aryan Brotherhood gang in my town, that would lend itself to a hate crime. I met a member at a class that I took in town. Hopefully police know people that will talk.

Last edited:
I am seeing images of the truck now being released blurry ones. Hopefully the police can sharpen them and lighten them up.
Appears to be a burgundy truck versus a bright red, hard to be sure in that morning light. I noticed what appears to be a chrome step rail. That should be helpful in identifying it.

LIVE: Sheriff provides update on search for gunman who killed 7-year-old girl
LIVE: Sheriff provides update on search for gunman who killed 7-year-old girl

I can’t tell if that bright blur at the back is a sticker reflecting like a Z71 sticker or the tail lights in motion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back