GUILTY TX - Jazmine Barnes, 7, shot/killed in drive-by shooting, Houston, Dec 2018 *ARREST*

“Earlier, the defendant’s attorneys spent time questioning Sgt. Jason Brown with the Harris County Sherriff’s Office about the “white man in a red truck” description that became prominent early in the investigation.

At first, during the time of the shooting, police put out a sketch of the suspect, believed to be a white man with blue eyes, in a red pickup truck.

The description came from Jazmine’s sisters who claimed to have seen the gunman. They told police at the time, their mom, who was driving the car, had gotten in a fight with the white man at a store.

Jazmine’s father, Christopher Cevilla, is still convinced police have the wrong killer, based off of what Jazmine’s sisters told him back in 2018.

“I think it’s a circus, there’s a bunch of lies being told,” Cevilla said. “She told me out of her own mouth, nothing I made up, ‘Oh, I’ve seen the killer, I looked him in his eyes, he had blue eyes.'”

The red pickup truck caught on surveillance video was shown to jurors Wednesday, but an official testified that the red truck was headed onto the Beltway and the location of the shooting happened on the feeder. The defense attorney argued there is no surveillance footage actually proving the red truck made it into the Beltway

Officials believe the truck the girls saw was just passing by and there was never an argument.

In 2018, as the story made national headlines, two political activists, including Shaun King, took to social media and offered a reward of $100,000 for anyone who identified the man in the sketch.

Robert Cantrell, 49, was arrested the same day Jazmine was killed, for unrelated charges of robbery and evading in a motor vehicle. His photo, which resembled the sketch, went viral, and King took to Twitter, claiming the shooting was a racial hate crime.

Cantrell took his own life inside his cell at the Montgomery County Jail in July 2019, after officials said he and his family were receiving death threats.”

They gave a detailed description of a skinny sickly white male with blue eyes seen in the predawn light early that morning.

They described an argument with a white man.

Is the father saying the mom and the sisters lied about the argument and said it was a white man for some unknown and undisclosed reason? Was there an actual argument?

The father is convinced it was someone else?
I’m not understanding what he is trying to convey with those statements. It’s very confusing,

Cantrell took his own life.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven