GUILTY TX - Jelena Sriraman, 30, Tyler, 31 Oct 2012

We do ... and I'm sure they are lit up right now!

Yes, and he could have hopped on anyone of them and either been in LA, OK, or Mexico by now. Plus there are so many country roads, and places to hide in the woods. jmo

Wow this is within two miles of me so very sad!Praying for this little guy.

Where ever he is, Lucas is 4...he's gonna have to pee...he's going to be hungry...he's going to be thirsty...he's going to be bored...Four-year old's aren't often happy lil' travelers on long trips. kwim

Yeah, the church was just trying to help her. This creep sure sounds like a very dangerous person, and I too wonder why he was even out of jail. The article doesnt say when he was released, but in any event, I just wish the poor mother had more protection from this creep.

Its tough to be on guard 24 X 7, but it seems like she needed someone to watch her back at all times.

I dont have any answers, but one thing I would do in a similar situation is to leave the area immediately no matter what, and try to hide in another state altogether. I realize that is easier said than done, especially with no funds to support a move or anything, but it seems like when you have someone this dangerous, the best way would be to just move and hide in another state altogether and never announce you are leaving. Just immediately leave and never show signs of the plans to leave.

Just heard of way too many cases like this. I think he had too much of a chance to find her and know where she was at. It is so sad.

Well, there is a problem with just leaving, if you have kids together. I'm sure he must have had visitation rights, and in some divorces you cannot take your children out of state without the other parent's permission. So if she had just left the state, and kept his kids from him, she could have been in trouble.

I realize he has been jailed for DV in the past, but they can't keep a guy locked up forever, once he's served his time in jail, they have to release him. Don't know the full story here, but I presume he wasn't always violent or she wouldn't have married him. There is a daughter, too, I think.

I wonder what caused him to snap? Maybe the idea of her moving to Houston, or her remarrying? Maybe the threat of his kids being taken away from him? Who knows, but I'm sure there is more to the story than what we know right now.

UPDATE: Possible sighting of kidnapping/slaying suspect in Van ISD area
http://www.cbs19.tv/story/19967265/van-isd-under-lockdown-in-response-to-police-investigation

Regarding the article content part below:

"The Tyler Paper has confirmed through police sources that it was because kidnapping/slaying suspect James Calvert was possibly sighted in the area. Students and staff were in no immediate danger and the district implemented the lockdown as a precautionary measure, according to the statement."

I cry fowl. Of course they were in danger. There is a crazy man on the loose and anybody near him is in danger.

I just hate when they try to downplay things.

This was obvious that he may try to go there. I wonder if the lockdown happened well after he was spotted because I am thinking it took LE awhile to figure out he even had another child at that school. We are lucky the other child is safe.

They need to catch this guy. I hope he releases the boy at a restarant or something soon since he is on the run.

I'm thinking the daughter mentioned in the articles is by another marriage, if she's in HS. The victim is in her mid twenties, so aparently the 4 y.o. is their only child. He looks to be in his 40's. I live near Tyler, and I swear both these people look familiar, must have seen them somewhere.
I don't see Whitehouse mentioned in any articles, he lives on hwy 31 east of Tyler. But Van is the other direction, kind of north or NW of Tyler.

Well, there is a problem with just leaving, if you have kids together. I'm sure he must have had visitation rights, and in some divorces you cannot take your children out of state without the other parent's permission. So if she had just left the state, and kept his kids from him, she could have been in trouble.

I realize he has been jailed for DV in the past, but they can't keep a guy locked up forever, once he's served his time in jail, they have to release him. Don't know the full story here, but I presume he wasn't always violent or she wouldn't have married him. There is a daughter, too, I think.

I wonder what caused him to snap? Maybe the idea of her moving to Houston, or her remarrying? Maybe the threat of his kids being taken away from him? Who knows, but I'm sure there is more to the story than what we know right now.

Good points. She was probably doing everything by the book. The problem with that is the suspect has no intention to follow the rules.

I think something may have been decided at the recent court date. Below is from article. Maybe something was decided in her favor and he decided to become a murderer. Somehow, we need more protection for people. I dont have the answers, but this sort of thing needs to stop. It is so sad.

" Court documents show James Calvert has been in an ongoing custody battle for his kids since December 2009. The most recent court appearance was on October 26, 2012.
"

link = http://www.fox51.com/news/developing-amber-alert-issued-fatal-tyler-shooting-0

I'm thinking the daughter mentioned in the articles is by another marriage, if she's in HS. The victim is in her mid twenties, so aparently the 4 y.o. is their only child. He looks to be in his 40's. I live near Tyler, and I swear both these people look familiar, must have seen them somewhere.
I don't see Whitehouse mentioned in any articles, he lives on hwy 31 east of Tyler. But Van is the other direction, kind of north or NW of Tyler.

Shortly after noon, Tyler Police Department officers were dispatched to the 3300 block of Bain Place near the intersection of Amherst Drive. When they arrived, they discovered a woman had been shot dead and Lucas Calvert, 4, of Tyler, had been possibly kidnapped by his father, James W. Calvert, 41, of Whitehouse.

http://www.fox51.com/news/developing-amber-alert-issued-fatal-tyler-shooting-0

Being a victim of DV myself it is easier said than done. Just leaving I mean. What people don't understand is how he probably seems charming to everyone else and the courts. So many things get twisted and you get scared.

To answer the question what is he thinking? He is thinking if I can't have you no one can, and he will do anything to get back at her. He wants and needs control, and her leaving leaves him totally out of control.

I'm very sad for this. The poor children. How they are affected by all of this and now they have lost their mom. I pray they find this little guy.

Being a victim of DV myself it is easier said than done. Just leaving I mean. What people don't understand is how he probably seems charming to everyone else and the courts. So many things get twisted and you get scared.

To answer the question what is he thinking? He is thinking if I can't have you no one can, and he will do anything to get back at her. He wants and needs control, and her leaving leaves him totally out of control.

I'm very sad for this. The poor children. How they are affected by all of this and now they have lost their mom. I pray they find this little guy.

bbm

No offence and you're probably right for many others, but this guy? Did you see his picture? No way he can squeeze even a tiny drop of charme out of that evil face.

He is a very violent man IMO I have found so many different arrest for him most for family violence/Viol Protect Order/ Assault Causes Bodily Injury Family Member.I truly pray he doesn't harm this little guy.The link were the charges are. http://judicial.smith-county.com/judsrch.asp

Did I hear correctly that she remarried and was planning on moving to Houston?

Yes that's what they said,sad isn't it? couldn't stand to loose someone he never appreciated or protected,But couldn't allow her to live and be happy either!!

Yes that's what they said,sad isn't it? couldn't stand to loose someone he never appreciated or protected,But couldn't allow her to live and be happy either!!

So wheres the new husband, I have not seen him mentioned? (I'm not really asking you, just saying) This poor child. The court system truly failed the woman and kids. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back