GUILTY TX - Josue Flores, 11, stabbed to death, Houston, 17 May 2016 *re-arrest*

Have I mentioned today how much it absolutely destroys me to watch a child's last moments alive? I feel the need to watch it and then it makes me not be able to breathe as I watch. Poor baby. You did such a good job crossing that road, baby. Making sure no cars were coming. Good job. You were a sweet, responsible, little boy. You will forever be that.

Sadly, I think you are totally right about the difficult mental health issues and the mess we have in our lack of being able to treat it in our society. I am highly aware of all of the ineptness. My younger brother was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic when he was 22. And he is now 60. The past 20 years he has been pretty stable and on meds that seem to work well.

But if it had not been for my Mother's gift of advocacy and stubbornness, I don't know what would have happened to him. He was let down by and failed by so many clinics over the first 20 years of his issues. My mother INSISTED that doctors continue trying to find the right combo of meds and she hounded my brother, in a loving way, to keep taking them.

He was in a few halfway houses. Those people who had emotional support from friends or family did much better then those who were only depending upon the doctors/ :mad:

Well, this is the saddest and most senseless crime I've read about for at least a few days.
Poor Josue. He seems like a sweet child. I really ache for his family right now. :(

This is an unthinkable crime. There have been others in the news recently. Something is very, very wrong lately. I would say there's an air of the demonic about some of these atrocities.

On Thursday, police released new surveillance video and photos of the suspect. A man in the video can be seen running near where the boy was stabbed.

Houston Police Department Lt. John McGalin said the video led to a tip about another video, which led investigators to Jackson. He said a distinctive jacket that was worn by the man in the videos was found with Jackson, who "provided a statement that corroborated a lot of things we knew to be true and led us to believe we have the right guy."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex-marine-charged-stabbing-death-11-year-old-houston-boy-n585856

ETA I still have the same question I had since the day little Josue was taken. Why? FGS - just why?

Family and friends are celebrating the birthday of the little boy who was fatally stabbed walking home from school earlier this year.

August 10 would have been Josue Flores’ 12[SUP]th[/SUP] birthday.

Family members started the celebration at his grave at the Hollywood Cemetery on Wednesday.

“It’s bittersweet. We wish he was here. But still, that’s not an excuse for us not to do something for him,” said Juan Flores, Josue’s older brother.
http://www.khou.com/news/local/vigil-held-for-josue-flores-on-his-birthday/293750606

http://www.khou.com/news/residents-...rhood-launch-school-safety-campaign/303664515

I love this SO MUCH!!!! " “During the time students are going to school and coming back, we will get outside of our homes, stand in the yard, sit on our porches, and watch them,” said Walters.

Walters says nearly 100 community members have signed up and are being trained by the city on how to ID a suspect and render first aid. ''

Vigil held for Josue Flores 1 year after stabbing death

http://www.click2houston.com/news/vigil-to-be-held-for-josue-flores-1-year-after-stabbing-death

Loved ones and community members gathered Wednesday to remember an 11-year-boy who was stabbed to death while walking home from school.

One year ago, Josue Flores was walking home from Marshall Middle School when Andre Jackson, a former U.S. Marine, stabbed him 20 times in the 1900 block of Fulton, investigators said.

Josue's mom told KPRC2 she wishes there was a phone so she could talk to Josue or visit heaven.

The Flores family said gatherings like the one Wednesday afternoon help them heal and feel the love and support from their friends and neighbors.

"Coming together makes it a little better," said Guadalupe Flores, Josue's sister. "It's been really hard, as long as we love him the pain is going to be there. We miss him."

Charges dropped against Ex-Marine accused of killing Josue Flores

http://abc13.com/news/charges-dropped-against-man-accused-of-killing-josue-flores/2230313/

The Harris County District Attorney's Office said the results of the DNA in a blood analysis are "at best inconclusive" and "in some ways exclude" Jackson as a suspect.

No other suspects have been named, however, and prosecutors said Jackson remains a suspect despite their lack of enough evidence to convict him.

Josue's family said they are "devastated" after learning the charges were dropped against Jackson, who they still believe killed the boy.

Two years after Josue Flores’ killing, community seeks answers
“It doesn’t get easier,” Sofia Flores said. “He’s gone, and he’s not coming back. ... The community still isn’t safe, because there’s a killer out there.”

On Thursday, residents, community advocates, lawmakers and police stood solemnly at the exact spot on Fulton Street where Flores was killed, again pleading for information that could give closure to a family and a neighborhood.

Josue Flores remembered 2 years after his slaying
Authorities named two suspects, both of whom have since been released. The first was cleared by his alibi. The second, a Marine named Andre Jackson, was released a year after his arrest when investigators said DNA evidence made it impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is responsible for the crime. He is still a suspect in the case, prosecutors said.

Police Chief Art Acevedo has said he believes Jackson was the right suspect, but with the inconclusive evidence, the district attorney’s office said it needs someone to come forward with more information.

Search for justice: Timeline of the Josue Flores case

On the third anniversary of Josue's murder, Houston police issued a call to find a person of interest in the case. They say the man they are looking for may be the same person they once had in custody and charged in the case before releasing him.
During a Friday morning news conference, HPD re-issued photos of a black male seen along the METRORail tracks near the crime scene shortly after Josue's death. Investigators say they would like for people in the neighborhood who spoke to media about a possible suspect to step into the light with their information. "I personally know, having reviewed media clips from back then, there were people who chose not to show their face or give their name," said Det. Ramon Cervantes with the HPD Cold Case Squad. "We need those people to come forward."
Three years later, police search for person of interest in the murder of Josue Flores

New physical evidence found in Josue Flores' murder: sources

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Houston police sources tell ABC13 Eyewitness News that investigators have discovered new physical evidence in the 2016 murder of 11-year-old Josue Flores.

This news comes nearly a month after Houston police stood with Josue's family on the three-year anniversary of his death, vowing to find the boy's killer.

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo said in May that advances in DNA technology could help point to Josue's killer.

In 2016, charges were dropped due to inconclusive DNA evidence against a man police still consider the only suspect.

It is unclear if this is regarding this case or not...

Deysy Rios on Twitter
Maleah Davis o Josue Flores case ? DA Kim Ogg, Mayor Turner, Hold Press Conference Today
WHO: Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg; Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner WHAT: Development in high-profile case
WHEN: Tuesday, June 18th 11:30 a.m.
11:07 AM - 18 Jun 2019

David Gonzalez on Twitter
In about 20 minutes we expect to hear from @HarrisCountyDAO and #HoustonMayor @SylvesterTurner in what they call a development in a high-profile case. Right now we don’t know which case they’ll be talking about but it could be #MaleahDavis or #JosueFlores #khou11
D9W0iZQWsAAHGet.jpg

11:15 AM - 18 Jun 2019

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member