Deceased/Not Found TX - Julie Gonzalez, 21, Austin, 26 March 2010 *G de la Cruz Guilty*

May 21, 2010
Family of Missing Mom Puts up Billboard

The family of Julie Ann Gonzalez has put up a billboard in an effort to help find her. Gonzalez, 21, has been missing since March 26.

[snipped]

"I never thought that I would have to see a family member up there," Dora Cooper, Gonzalez' aunt, tells FOX 7.

"We want people to see her face, to remember her face, and if they see her face maybe someone will say 'Hey, I do recall seeing that girl,'" Cooper said.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stories/Family-of-Missing-Mom-Puts-up-Billboard-20100521-ktbcw

I wonder where George is now. The last I heard (from the Dr. P Show) he was going into a mental health facility. Is he still there? His mother is surely not going to be a Cindy A. She is not totalling believing him and is telling him to tell the truth. Was George living with his mother when Julie disappeared and is it true that his mother was with him all the time as he stated on Dr. P? I can't see anyone but George being responsible for this. He seems to me to be very unstable. A first class nut.

I wonder where George is now. The last I heard (from the Dr. P Show) he was going into a mental health facility. Is he still there? His mother is surely not going to be a Cindy A. She is not totalling believing him and is telling him to tell the truth. Was George living with his mother when Julie disappeared and is it true that his mother was with him all the time as he stated on Dr. P? I can't see anyone but George being responsible for this. He seems to me to be very unstable. A first class nut.

Hi lexington. As far as I know George was home the day of the airing of the second part of the 2 part show on Dr. P.

He was seen in pictures that day and someone will correct me but I think that was the day the supeona was executed at his Mother's home.

It is my understanding that is his Mother's house and from reading news reports it's possible that's where Julie lived as well while living with George? I could be wrong on that.

All JMHO.
He stated that she was with him the whole time. She neither confirmed or denyed that as I recall. I'm not sure she was or wasn't.

Hi lexington. As far as I know George was home the day of the airing of the second part of the 2 part show on Dr. P.

He was seen in pictures that day and someone will correct me but I think that was the day the supeona was executed at his Mother's home.

It is my understanding that is his Mother's house and from reading news reports it's possible that's where Julie lived as well while living with George? I could be wrong on that.

All JMHO.
He stated that she was with him the whole time. She neither confirmed or denyed that as I recall. I'm not sure she was or wasn't.

Kat, I believe you are correct. George was back home (and smiling for a picture) on May 14th when police searched the home he lives in with his mother (and possibly other relatives?). According to this report, this was Julie’s former home.

============

Austin police Friday searched the former home of a missing Austin woman.However, two cars registered to the husband's relatives were towed away.

No new info, just saw that the Austin Police Department finally posted a news release / statement on their website.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 14, 2010

Updated Statement regarding Julie Ann Gonzalez from the Austin Police Department

Today, the Austin Police Department conducted a search warrant at a residence on Garden Oaks Drive. The activity generated at this location cannot be discussed in detail at this time due to the continued and on-going investigation. Again, the Austin Police Department has not ruled anything out and we continue to look at all possible explanations for the disappearance of Julie Ann Gonzalez.

[snipped]

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/police/apd_news.htm

As we know, George works as a security guard, I believe at a large office building in Austin.

Just curious and troubled thinking about that - I did a random search on security companies and one company mentions all security officers wear a full duty belt including handcuffs, flashlight, and communications, and that qualified officers may also carry a firearm, pepper spray, and/or an expandable baton.

As we know, George works as a security guard, I believe at a large office building in Austin.

Just curious and troubled thinking about that - I did a random search on security companies and one company mentions all security officers wear a full duty belt including handcuffs, flashlight, and communications, and that qualified officers may also carry a firearm, pepper spray, and/or an expandable baton.

Wow, I did not know that! Any idea of the ADDRESS of this office building? TIA...

Wow, I did not know that! Any idea of the ADDRESS of this office building? TIA...

Hopefully LE has checked out this building as well as it's dumpster, perhaps the corresponding landfill :-( I doubt it, though.

Not sure I'm allowed to post that?

You can ask a mod cloudajo. I'm not sure offhand. I usually PM them to ask if I have a question about certain info I'm unsure of posting. Hope that helps.

I am looking at this case for the first time since seeing it on JVM. I wasn't able to tell what LE has used for resources on this case or if there was any evidence pointing to Julie Ann's husband other him being the last person to see her.

JVM covering this case now.

New information was divulged. It seemed that all except the Mom assumed that Julie arrived with these two men seen by the neighbors. Julie's Mom said that the neighbors told her that the men were in George's back yard and that the dogs didn't bark, as they do when strangers arrive. The Mom must think that these men were friends of George and did something to Julie. This is all so strange.

Friday, May 28, 2010 - Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell
Sandra Soto, Julie’s mom
Austin Attorney Patrick Fagerberg, now representing De La Cruz
Mike Brooks, HLN Law Enforcement Analyst
Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor

[snipped]

FAGERBERG: Again, I think one of the big problems in this case is all of the misinformation. George`s neighbor, Jesse and Jesse Jr. -- and I don`t know if people know this, they saw Julie and two unidentified males at 2:30 at George`s house.

Police have interviewed Jesse and his father many times. So where we need to be concentrating our effort on who were those two people that saw Julie and were with Julie at 2:30 outside of George`s house.

SOTO: Ok, Patrick, let me ask you this --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hold it. One at a time.

SOTO: Let me ask you this, Patrick --

FAGERBERG: When people are saying that George was the last person to see Julie that is a misstatement.

MURPHY: That`s what he says publicly.
[snipped]
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok. Sandra, we`re going to give you the last word here.

SOTO: George has that little dog that constantly barks. And you can ask Jesse Sr. about that. He mentioned this to us. He has a dog that constantly barks. He barks at everything. He barks at anybody that gets close to the house. Why is it that when these two guys went into George`s backyard the little dog did not bark? Could it be that the dog knew who these guys were? Could it be that the dog knows that these guys have been there before? Maybe George knows who these two guys are. Why don`t you try asking George?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/28/ijvm.01.html

Time of Interest (3 separate references)

Friday, March 26, 2010
10-11:00AM
12:43PM
2:30PM

[Starting at -1:37]
Reporter: “Soto recounts what the husband told her.”
Sandra (Julie’s mom): “And he said she showed up anywhere between 10 and 11 in his house, and said you know, I have to go away, she said I have to go away for a few days, can you watch her for the weekend. And then that was it.

[snipped]
But Wednesday before she disappeared, she was saying, "I`m ready to pick up my Layla. I miss her so much." And then the next one is just Friday at 12:43 p.m.; states, "I`m running away."

[snipped]
George`s neighbor, Jesse and Jesse Jr. -- and I don`t know if people know this, they saw Julie and two unidentified males at 2:30 at George`s house.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Family-of-missing-mother-pleads-for-help-90782729.html
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/27/ijvm.01.html

Just noted from recent JVM transcript that Julie and George’s daughter L had asthma problems. Someone had asked about that previously when it was discussed that L‘s medicine was in Julie‘s car.

[snipped]
Julie has -- Julie puts L number one. And L has asthma problems. So Julie always made it a point to make sure that L had her medicine. Julie was a pharmacy tech at Walgreen`s. So she understood the importance of someone who needs --

[snipped]
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Were the keys in her car?
COOPER: No.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Was anything in the car? Her purse?
COOPER: L`s medicine, L`s car seat. Other little personal belongings.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/27/ijvm.01.html

Thank you so much for bringing a snip of the JVM show cloudajo. (I'm at a hotel and cant' access streaming media--something wrong with their access this weekend).

This is so very important and I don't know why it hasn't been mentioned until this far out in the case you know what I mean?

Plus the 2 witnesses. I have to think on this one for a bit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back