TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin Carter had older brothers who could've assisted him in mischief, but we'll let that go. I was just trying to eliminate the possibilities in the "Mall abduction" category (regarding suspects that weren't relatives).
I have no way of veryfing that, cause no idea how, but I'm pretty sure it was discussed before and someone who claimed to check said that brothers were jailed at the time.

Assuming he was well enough to travel, I'll bite. But there was some debate, as to whether he was able to drive, at that point (alleged black-out spells, etc.), unless he rode with someone...
Aggressive chemo could cause black-out spells. Strong painkillers obviously can cause that too.
Skin cancer, even stage IV skin cancer more than likely wouldn't.
It's completely possible thou, cause "cancer" can hit people in many different ways.

But that brings new questions.
If he indeed was unable to drive then how TT got to and back from work Friday 20th? Saturday 21th? Thursday 19th? Was Fran the only driver in the house then?
I surely hope those blackouts haven't started on Sunday 22th.
If he wasn't driving then TT's claim should sound absolutely insane to everyone, unless he was on constant dope and just casually missed the point when his FIL and coworker started randomly passing out and had to quit driving completely. Would also explain how he managed to forget everything of importance about the time.
Yet it seems that TT's claims appeared only debatable, not insane. So I'd think it was possible he was driving.
Actually he could be driving despite of those black-outs. Not many clues out there are painting a picture of this guy being responsible and cautious.

Aggressive chemo could cause black-out spells. Strong painkillers obviously can cause that too.
Skin cancer, even stage IV skin cancer more than likely wouldn't.
It's completely possible thou, cause "cancer" can hit people in many different ways.

But that brings new questions.
If he indeed was unable to drive then how TT got to and back from work Friday 20th? Saturday 21th? Thursday 19th? Was Fran the only driver in the house then?
I surely hope those blackouts haven't started on Sunday 22th.
If he wasn't driving then TT's claim should sound absolutely insane to everyone, unless he was on constant dope and just casually missed the point when his FIL and coworker started randomly passing out and had to quit driving completely. Would also explain how he managed to forget everything of importance about the time.
Yet it seems that TT's claims appeared only debatable, not insane. So I'd think it was possible he was driving.
Actually he could be driving despite of those black-outs. Not many clues out there are painting a picture of this guy being responsible and cautious.
His chemo (at that point) allegedly consisted of a cream applied topically to the skin, so...not sure how that would've affected him. Having said that, you and FW_Froggy could be right--CA could've been the kind of guy who "throws caution to the wind" and does whatever the heck he wants, whether it's safe or not...

Oh, well, yet another ridiculous thing. He could be indeed THAT sick and driving despite of it and claims that he absolutely wasn't could be just to cover up for his reckless behaviour.
Could he got in trouble cause of that?
Did he had a car accident caused by such blackout recently?
Cause if answer to both of these questions is "no", then what could cause/convince/force guy like Cotton to just quit driving?
Cotton was a race car driver. I guarantee you he was driving until his death. I don't buy that deathly sick stuff. Cotton was a tough O" Bird. Look at his picture with TT and Richard at Port Lavaca in April of 1975 and you will see a very healthy looking guy.
He was pretty sick then, he had to be.
I just briefly scrolled through articles and it looks like now, it's pretty damn rare for stage IV cancer, even untreated cancer to take away people's ability to drive. Passing outs can happen, but they aren't (or at least aren't described) as hitting people out of the blue, no clear warnings to avoid driving just cause of cancer unless treatment affects perception so much that it becomes seriously dangerous (but then doctors are supposed to warn patients to not drive vehicles).
Would be interesting to know what was the drill in 70's Texas. Maybe they were discouraging driving while fighting cancer by default? Surely then they were using much harsher treatments that were hitting people harder than cancer itself but was he getting something like that?

What if Cotton told FA he was going to the Mall to stand guard over the car like FA said he did and he went somewhere else and not the Mall. Then FA's story would be true as to how she knew it and Cotton would of had ALL night to do whatever. After all RA didn't know his Dad wasn't at the Mall till a few years ago. Does anybody know how much land CA's older brother had in East Texas in Dec. of 1974?
I want to get back to it once again, cause that was some great thinking. And excellent idea.

There were so many theories about Fran lying with the agenda or (less often) being so mentally wrecked by everything what happened that she eneded up utterly confused about everything - meaning that one way or another, her statements are first to dismiss...

... while it's seriously worth considering that (leaving some space for press misreporting some details here and there) right away she wasn't lying at all but saying what she believed was true.

It cames from the same source than anyone else seem to be getting it from - those randomly published notes from Dan James that showed up years ago in facebook group that was and still is under strict control of members of same family that controls the publicity of this case from the very beginning (and that may or may not be meaningful).

Lot's of drama there, lots of family members and people who knew girls there, possibly even those who knew what happened to them also there.
On top of that it wasn't presented in a form of "hi people, those are my findings", more like "hi, look at this and start commenting, let's see what comes up".
IMO those could be even made up in order to get some reactions. Same as with Shawna allegedly claiming showing up to pick up her son and chatting with the girls in house at Minot.
Sometimes I think with these VERY cold cases, that LE should lay the evidence out to the public. Who knows what could develop from there? Bet many more cases would be solved. Just my opinion.

Don't propose anything just don't think Cotton was laying on his death bed waiting to die like some would have you believe.
Maybe not, but he was certainly quiet. As has been said, there were virtually no public statements or comments made by CA, from the day the girls went missing, except the one. "If they were dead, you could adjust to that, but we just don't know for sure. It drives you up the wall." Marshall News Messenger-- July 2, 1975.

Maybe not, but he was certainly quiet. As has been said, there were virtually no public statements or comments made by CA, from the day the girls went missing, except the one. "If they were dead, you could adjust to that, but we just don't know for sure. It drives you up the wall." Marshall News Messenger-- July 2, 1975.
Yet he was first to answer the phone at 1:00 AM on the 25th.
And as Fran was concerned, and everyone around seemed to buy - not sick enough to stay outside whole night, squatting somewhere and watching over the car till morning on the 24th.
Also he was showing up for some searches.

But that is pretty grim statement. Yup, at the time they were searching for bodies multiple times already, but other parents weren't so grim.
Maybe cause of cancer but he was dying man at the time, so what adjustments to their deaths he could have in mind? Was he expecting full recovery?

I see there is an event being organised to raise awareness for fort worth cold cases with family members of the missing trio taking part. Just mentioning it incase anyone is interested or close enough to take part.
Thaw the Cold Cases

I think FA was saying enough for everyone!!

Yet he was first to answer the phone at 1:00 AM on the 25th.
And as Fran was concerned, and everyone around seemed to buy - not sick enough to stay outside whole night, squatting somewhere and watching over the car till morning on the 24th.
Also he was showing up for some searches.
That 1:00 a.m. phone call is weird-- if it happened. There are 24 hours in a day, and a store clerk picks 1:00 a.m. to call a family and tell them he saw their missing daughter?

That 1:00 a.m. phone call is weird-- if it happened. There are 24 hours in a day, and a store clerk picks 1:00 a.m. to call a family and tell them he saw their missing daughter?
Maybe not so weird.
Mall was open till 11:00 PM on the 23rd - it was when customers were leaving, clerks likely sometime later.
If on the 24th it was the same, then 1:00 AM would be the about the time when average clerk would be back home and able to take a quick breather.
For me it's weirder that on the 23rd clerks were questioned, Fran either went to the mall or called them, possibly during those two days she (or/and other parents did both) yet the clerk seems to be calling after work.
But if he was at work on the 23rd and on 24th, how it happened that he missed opportunity to notify them earlier?

Big crowds, many clerks, many stands, they couldn't possibly ask/notify them all right away...
But wasn't he working at the Murphy's record departement, next to this small lunch bar they were expected to show up at noon? So kinda the only location in whole SS where girls were surely expected to be for sure at some point?

Unless he wasn't working there but elsewhere and its just one more mistake. I can't tell. For the way it's phrased I'm not even sure if it points out at VB/CJG being with the girls and saw by that alleged whitness, or if theyre claiming that it was VB/CJG who called and reported sighting.

But wasn't he working at the Murphy's record departement, next to this small lunch bar they were expected to show up at noon? So kinda the only location in whole SS where girls were surely expected to be for sure at some point?

If Rachel and the other girls were near the meeting spot at around the time they were supposed to be there then is it possible that it was the other party that didn't show or was late? If so could Rachel and Renee have been going to hand Julie off to her older sister because they had somewhere else to go?

If Rachel and the other girls were near the meeting spot at around the time they were supposed to be there then is it possible that it was the other party that didn't show or was late? If so could Rachel and Renee have been going to hand Julie off to her older sister because they had somewhere else to go?
If only the approximate time of that sighting was released...
But they keep describing it as that he saw them shortly before the girls went missing, and kinda as this specific sighting was part of what led the PI to conclude that they went missing past 3:15 PM. What does that mean?

If only the approximate time of that sighting was released...
But they keep describing it as that he saw them shortly before the girls went missing, and kinda as this specific sighting was part of what led the PI to conclude that they went missing past 3:15 PM. What does that mean?

I don't know about these PI's. Renee was supposed to be back by 4:00 so maybe it's just speculation that they would have left the mall at around 3:15 or a little after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce shark