Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford 19 June 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What am I missing? Why do they think she ran away? Is it only because of the dog being left with friends? I just don't get it and this case is giving me the willies.

Such a cutie pie! There isn't anything new at the link. I just wanted to post her picture again. I do believe this one is going to make me cry. She is just so tiny and vulnerable. :(
19399679_1254495908005768_7842491171892692062_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/BedfordTXP...496574072371/1254495908005768/?type=3&theater

What am I missing? Why do they think she ran away? Is it only because of the dog being left with friends? I just don't get it and this case is giving me the willies.
One scenario I thought of -as I remember LE saying the friend(s) was telling them different stories, or their story kept changing- is the friend who said Kaytlynn had asked them to watch her dog told LE they had lied to Kaytlynn's mom and that Kaytlynn had actually told them she was running away (Kaytlynn could have left a packed bag at the same friend's house ahead of time, too, so that she wouldn't have to take anything with her as she told her mom she was simply taking her dog for a walk).

Then the friend gave LE the name of the person Kaytlynn said she was running away with (a female who is a bit older than Katelynn), and the body found at the landfill turned out to be that person (though yet to be confirmed).

If this is the case, and if the person Kaytlynn said she was running away with lived at the same apartment complex, it would make sense that LE all of a sudden started going door-to-door there as soon as the body was found, perhaps thinking that Kaytlynn was now in extreme danger also.

In any case, this beautiful child needs to be found ASAP.

One scenario I thought of -as I remember LE saying the friend(s) was telling them different stories, or their story kept changing- is the friend who said Kaytlynn had asked them to watch her dog told LE they had lied to Kaytlynn's mom and that Kaytlynn had actually told them she was running away (Kaytlynn could have left a packed bag at the same friend's house ahead of time, too, so that she wouldn't have to take anything with her as she told her mom she was simply taking her dog for a walk).

Then the friend gave LE the name of the person Kaytlynn said she was running away with (a female who is a bit older than Katelynn), and the body found at the landfill turned out to be that person (though yet to be confirmed).

If this is the case, and if the person Kaytlynn said she was running away with lived at the same apartment complex, it would make sense that LE all of a sudden started going door-to-door there as soon as the body was found, perhaps thinking that Kaytlynn was now in extreme danger also.

In any case, this beautiful child needs to be found ASAP.
Wait, is this rumor or is this completely a scenario out of your head? I hadn't heard any if that and I'm curious

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Wait, is this rumor or is this completely a scenario out of your head? I hadn't heard any if that and I'm curious

I'm sorry I wasn't clear: This is completely out of my head. The only part that is based on MSM report is the part where LE said Kaytlynn's friends' story kept changing. Link posted upthread. Will find and re-post. Thank you!!

ETA: "'The kids she was with have been giving us different stories and we’re checking every lead,” police Lt. David Smith said Wednesday. 'We do not have any previous reports of her being a runaway.'" (BBM)

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...t-tarrant/article157365984.html#storylink=cpy

[video=twitter;877924613430312960]https://twitter.com/wfaalauren/status/877924613430312960[/video]

The dog park being within the apartment complex where she lives explains why LE is going (or were going) door to door there. For one, often casual acquaintances or neighbours turn out to be the perps, and secondly they might want to know if anyone saw anything out of their window or saw her in the complex after she left the dog with the friends.

So... Is it connected OR isn't it connected.. we are all patiently waiting to hear !!

Bedford PD Busy With Missing Teen & Landfill Body Investigations

There was speculation a body discovered at a North Texas landfill and the case of a teenager missing out of Bedford were related, but police now say there is no connection.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/06/22/b...landfill-body/

Fort Worth Star-Telegram Please note folks: Bedford police have not confirmed to us that the cases are not connected. The latest news is that the the body is of a young female.
https://www.facebook.com/startelegra...2%3A%22R%22%7D

So... Is it connected OR isn't it connected.. we are all patiently waiting to hear !!

Bedford PD Busy With Missing Teen & Landfill Body Investigations

There was speculation a body discovered at a North Texas landfill and the case of a teenager missing out of Bedford were related, but police now say there is no connection.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/06/22/b...landfill-body/

Fort Worth Star-Telegram Please note folks: Bedford police have not confirmed to us that the cases are not connected. The latest news is that the the body is of a young female.
https://www.facebook.com/startelegra...2%3A%22R%22%7D

CBS (Channel 11, I believe) is the only one I found who reported there was no connection.

I believe the dog park she took the dog to was located within the apartment complex (listed as an amenity on their website).
I tried to find it on google earth but was unable to figure out where it was. Any one know?

If it is her in the landfill :( they will need to perform DNA tests for various reasons, and maybe they don't want anyone running off before they can get their ducks in a row.

The dog park being within the apartment complex where she lives explains why LE is going (or were going) door to door there. For one, often casual acquaintances or neighbours turn out to be the perps, and secondly they might want to know if anyone saw anything out of their window or saw her in the complex after she left the dog with the friends.

Do we know how long she has lived there and who she lived with?
The apartment would be the place most likely to begin searching since it has been said as the last place seen.
The residents would likely have any information on any suspicious activity to report but also is quite likely that a resident there is the perp.
I wish I knew what those friends were saying as far as what she was thinking leaving the dog with them.
Has anyone checked a map of the sexual predators in the area?

jmo

The apartment would be the place most likely to begin searching since it has been said as the last place seen.
The residents would likely have any information on any suspicious activity to report but also is quite likely that a resident there is the perp.
I wish I knew what those friends were saying as far as what she was thinking leaving the dog with them.

jmo
She lives with her parents and sister. We don't know how old the "friends" are that tied the dog up.
Post #8
She tied her dog to the fence at the dog park, asked her friends to watch the dog for a minute, then she didn't come back. Why would she do that? LE is treating it as a runaway case. No way!

Here's the RSOs from the area. http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Bedford-Texas.html
attachment.php

I'm sorry I wasn't clear: This is completely out of my head. The only part that is based on MSM report is the part where LE said Kaytlynn's friends' story kept changing. Link posted upthread. Will find and re-post. Thank you!!

ETA: "'The kids she was with have been giving us different stories and we’re checking every lead,” police Lt. David Smith said Wednesday. 'We do not have any previous reports of her being a runaway.'" (BBM)

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...t-tarrant/article157365984.html#storylink=cpy
Lol, ty for the clarification I though I missed a chunk.

jmo

Yes, I've checked the predator map. Doesn't seem to be any listed IN the complex itself (alot of complexes run those checks and will refuse to rent to them, but not sure of this one) - there are a few listed in the area around the complex however.

I wonder if anything was picked up on the scanner regarding to landfill. At least hear if it is indeed a young female?

Thanks for posting that map/information GigTu and Kimpossible. :sigh:
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads