Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a link. But I read a story in the Washington Post last night about a 10-year-old kid in Miami who died from an overdose of heroin laced with fentanyl. Police don't understand how he was exposed. But it sounds like even being exposed to that stuff is dangerous. I haven't read all of the theories. But what if she <modsnip> got exposed to a lethal dose of drugs through fumes or skin contact? It might sound silly. But I think that can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As sad as this whole situation is, I just don't get the vibe that there is a killer out on the run. I have family in Bedford and have asked the kids on various occasions and they aren't scared/worried.

Definitely think kids were involved in dumping her body, but I know as much as any of us do. JMO

I can understand why Bedford kids are not scared. As terrible a tragedy as Kaytlynn's death is, Bedford is not a place where people run around scared. I've lived there for years & have never been scared. However, I do take normal precautions like being extra observant in parking lots, always keeping my car locked with no valuables left inside, & hanging on tight to my purse while shopping. Unless things change dramatically for the worst, I will never worry about being murdered in Bedford.

I don't have a link. But I read a story in the Washington Post last night about a 10-year-old kid in Miami who died from an overdose of heroin laced with fentanyl. Police don't understand how he was exposed. But it sounds like even being exposed to that stuff is dangerous. I haven't read all of the theories. But what if she <modsnip> got exposed to a lethal dose of drugs through fumes or skin contact? It might sound silly. But I think that can happen.

I'm probably going to sound ignorant here, but please bare with me. I don't understand how someone can OD on a street drug by simple contact. Affected maybe, but for it to cause an OD situation seems strange to me. Obviously I'm not informed enough on this subject, but I question the possibility. Any response appreciated. Thanks.

I'm probably going to sound ignorant here, but please bare with me. I don't understand how someone can OD on a street drug by simple contact. Affected maybe, but for it to cause an OD situation seems strange to me.

I've never heard of such a thing. I mean, she wasn't running drugs for some spy agency and handling sarin gas or cyanide. It may be kind of boring to lean towards conventional scenarios, but that's what usually occurs in suspicious death cases: i.e. she ran into someone either on purpose or by happenstance, something very bad happened (likely criminal), she died, body was disposed, they chose a dumpster, and she was (very thankfully) found. I'm not minimizing her death or this crime, by any means, but the old saying, "when you hear hooves think horses, not zebras" is often good advice.

If memory serves me correctly the Bedford police issue non informative updates every Friday. I assume we will get another statement today telling us that they have nothing new to report.:notgood:
Yes. Based on a comment Bedford PD made in response to someone on their regular "update" post I expect they would at best be just changing the date of the "update".

At this point one would expect that they were able to trace back the route of the truck that brought Kaytlynn to the landfill. That Bedford PD hasn't discussed that route or specific locations along the route publicly in order to generate potential witnesses or leads tells me that they are already focused on a suspect or suspects.

I can understand why Bedford kids are not scared. As terrible a tragedy as Kaytlynn's death is, Bedford is not a place where people run around scared. I've lived there for years & have never been scared. However, I do take normal precautions like being extra observant in parking lots, always keeping my car locked with no valuables left inside, & hanging on tight to my purse while shopping. Unless things change dramatically for the worst, I will never worry about being murdered in Bedford.

I understand that, but my point wasn't about the city.

<modsnip>
LE is awaiting a toxicology test results so they suspect something in her system may help their investigation. I suppose we just have to wait for those test results.

All of the above is strictly My Own Opinion. Hope they find the information they need to determine COD.
This one in really getting to me. All that potential out the window. She really seemed like a great kid

<modsnip>

<modsnip>
LE is awaiting a toxicology test results so they suspect something in her system may help their investigation. I suppose we just have to wait for those test results.

All of the above is strictly My Own Opinion. Hope they find the information they need to determine COD.
This one in really getting to me. All that potential out the window. She really seemed like a great kid

<modsnip>

I was not trying to insinuate that KC bought or willingly took any drugs. I was posting that description of fentanyl poisoning in response to someone who said it was a long process to die from something like that. Which is not the case, sadly enough.

However, if she did go into a new 'friend's' apartment or vehicle, she may have accidentally handled something that made her very sick, very fast.

I am just trying to come up with a believable scenario for a group of teens disposing of a body. :cry:

Sure enough the Bedford Police Dept. posted the same old, tired report again late yesterday. "We are still waiting on the Medical Examiners Office......................." yada, yada, yada. No need to post the link since we all know it by heart. Heck, they don't even have to retype the message; just roll out the same old report every Friday. I sure hope they know what they are doing but sometimes I have my doubls. It's so very discouraging.

I've noticed here on WS in general that often the discussion will veer toward one potential, albeit unlikely, topic when news reports wane. Not much new to speculate about. Mods will either tell us to knock it off if it becomes inappropriate. Otherwise, "scroll and roll" is my friend. :smile:

The topic was brought up because of a story that was published the same day in the Washington Post. It was timely news and seemed relevant as a means of showing that the possibilities are nearly endless and include some things that people probably never even knew could happen. Nobody is suggesting that this is definitely what happened to her or even that it is likely. Just that it's a possibility.

I've noticed here on WS in general that often the discussion will veer toward one potential, albeit unlikely, topic when news reports wane. Not much new to speculate about. Mods will either tell us to knock it off if it becomes inappropriate. Otherwise, "scroll and roll" is my friend. :smile:

You can feel the hope for a resolution slowly feeding the speculation. The 'people' need answers, or they begin looking at all the possibilities. Patience is truly a virtue in our 'immediate' society of today.

Stay vigilant. Keep your children close. Give them an extra hug today in memory of Kaytlynn.

I often think of the victim's family members who end up reading things online and what their reactions might be to what's being speculated about them and/or their loved one's death.

In a prior case years ago I saw first-hand how much it affected the close friends and family of a murdered woman in my area to have their lives and hers dissected, complete with some spreading of false information and rumors. Seeing that up close made an impression and I think it made me more sensitive and aware as a result.

I often think of the victim's family members who end up reading things online and what their reactions might be to what's being speculated about them and/or their loved one's death.

In a prior case years ago I saw first-hand how much it affected the close friends and family of a murdered woman in my area to have their lives and hers dissected, complete with some spreading of false information and rumors. Seeing that up close made an impression and I think it made me more sensitive and aware as a result.
I appreciate this, but I actually don't see anyone saying she was using. Sadly it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that she came into contact with it innocently. We just don't know. But I don't see this topic as being totally off the rails or anything... Unless I missed a post or two.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I appreciate this, but I actually don't see anyone saying she was using. Sadly it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that she came into contact with it innocently. We just don't know. But I don't see this topic as being totally off the rails or anything... Unless I missed a post or two.

That was floated as a suggestion at some point. I'm patient and will wait for the COD to be reported at whatever point in time that happens, no matter how long it takes.

That was floated as a suggestion at some point. I'm patient and will wait for the COD to be reported at whatever point in time that happens, no matter how long it takes.
I'm waiting as well. I think people are just floating ideas.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Please move on from this topic. The possibility of the victim, in this case, being accidentally and innocently exposed to a lethal chemical has already been posed in thread #1. There is no need to belabor the point. Some posts were removed because it was getting excessive and unnecessary. Any speculation beyond that is not victim friendly and is against TOS.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

I only just now thought of another possible reason for the delay of an arrest or charges being made. Doesn't the DA's office have the final say on whether someone can be charged with a crime? In other words, if they feel there is insufficient evidence to convict they can stall the process until more evidence is collected. Am I correct or have I just been watching too much television?

Anyone know when the Grand Jury meets? Maybe that's what we're waiting on? I don't know... but, I don't think it's a cold case, and I think it will be solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA