Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Sally K -- That puts things in perspective WRT waiting for results. Looks like LE was doing their best to put a solid case together.
Patience, patience...

If memory serves me correctly the Bedford police issue non informative updates every Friday. I assume we will get another statement today telling us that they have nothing new to report.:notgood:

I'm expecting it, too, and it's tuff for us & prolly tuff on LE. At least they are keeping the public up-to-date every week, even if it is nothing. I think we've all been on other cases where we don't hear one darn thing from any part of LE for weeks. That's worse, IMO, so I appreciate their at least remembering the public. I just hope that one day (soon, maybe??) that they will have lots to tell us!

The state gets one bite of the apple and there's no statute of limitations on murder, so until they have a case pulled together, with evidence, scientific results including autopsy results, COD, a perp and links between the evidence and a perp or perps that will allow a jury to determine guilt B.A.R.D., there's no point in rushing anything.

The wheels of justice grind very slowly in many cases. This is more the norm than not, even though it's frustrating for case followers. Better for the state to be thorough than hurry things up and make mistakes and not be successful in solving and resolving a criminal case.

Nor was I, katydid. In no way, whatsoever, do I feel this child did anything illegal that may have led to her death. She seemed happy and her schedule was filled with participating in sports and the like.

I don't think she was Taken in a car or van. I'm thinking more of an on site abduction. The original crime scene is likely inside one of the apartments. Perhaps they were inside one that's being renovated. It was after normal working hours at 6:40PM. LE should know by now exactly which truck involves KC and what time it was loaded and unloaded. Thereby, they can narrow their focus to the exact dumpster's location.

Even though KC had a low body weight, would someone tall and strong be needed to get her body through the dumpster side doors? The sliding doors are probably four feet off the ground. I just do not think children, kids, or youth are involved, unless it's complicated.

Dusting off thoughts that LE stated there were discrepancies in stories told during interviews. Does anyone have the source where LE states there were discrepancies in the teens or in her friends versions of their statements? Thank you, in advance.

I was not trying to insinuate that KC bought or willingly took any drugs. I was posting that description of fentanyl poisoning in response to someone who said it was a long process to die from something like that. Which is not the case, sadly enough.

However, if she did go into a new 'friend's' apartment or vehicle, she may have accidentally handled something that made her very sick, very fast.

I am just trying to come up with a believable scenario for a group of teens disposing of a body. :cry:

I only just now thought of another possible reason for the delay of an arrest or charges being made. Doesn't the DA's office have the final say on whether someone can be charged with a crime? In other words, if they feel there is insufficient evidence to convict they can stall the process until more evidence is collected. Am I correct or have I just been watching too much television?

Yes I do beliebe you are correct, but this woukd be one for gitana to answer. In Dylan Redwine's case a new DA just took office, and suddenly Mark Redwine, his father, is being charged with his murder after 5 years. There is no "proof" of a coorelation between the new DA and the recent arrest as of yet that I know of, but some of us suspect the new DA played a role. I didn't realize a DA had so much power. Moo.

Yes I do beliebe you are correct, but this woukd be one for gitana to answer. In Dylan Redwine's case a new DA just took office, and suddenly Mark Redwine, his father, is being charged with his murder after 5 years. There is no "proof" of a coorelation between the new DA and the recent arrest as of yet that I know of, but some of us suspect the new DA played a role. I didn't realize a DA had so much power. Moo.

didn't the grand jury want to indict the parents of jon benet but the DA did not want to pursue it?.. I think I recall that

Who else is going to have this power? Prosecutors decide whether to put someone on trial or not.

Bumping justice for Kaytlynn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...ld-bedford-teen-found-dead-arlington-landfill

**It may be late September before family and officials know how the teen died, said Carol Lawson, a spokeswoman for the Tarrant County medical examiner.

Bedford police want to make sure*the teen's cause of death is shared with her family before anyone else. Police have requested that the entry for the teen's death be removed from the medical examiner's website. ***

**Investigators visited an apartment on Oak Creek Lane on Sunday, but did not give information about why they were there. No arrests have been made and no search warrants have been served.*

Police said Tuesday that there is no evidence that Kaytlynn was kidnapped or abducted. The department has defended its decision not to request an Amber Alert for the teen.**

I don't know how this poor girl ended up in a landfill... if she wasn't kidnapped or abducted. I don't understand this. Is the a precautionary statement in case she wandered into the landfill on her own and got injured( strangely leaving her dog behind ) Anyone? All imo always

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...ld-bedford-teen-found-dead-arlington-landfill

**It may be late September before family and officials know how the teen died, said Carol Lawson, a spokeswoman for the Tarrant County medical examiner.

Bedford police want to make sure*the teen's cause of death is shared with her family before anyone else. Police have requested that the entry for the teen's death be removed from the medical examiner's website. ***

**Investigators visited an apartment on Oak Creek Lane on Sunday, but did not give information about why they were there. No arrests have been made and no search warrants have been served.*

Police said Tuesday that there is no evidence that Kaytlynn was kidnapped or abducted. The department has defended its decision not to request an Amber Alert for the teen.**

I don't know how this poor girl ended up in a landfill... if she wasn't kidnapped or abducted. I don't understand this. Is the a precautionary statement in case she wandered into the landfill on her own and got injured( strangely leaving her dog behind ) Anyone? All imo always

BBM. My guess is that she died at the apartment complex versus being taken alive from the complex (which would be kidnap/abduction). IMO her body was discarded in a dumpster that was emptied at the landfill. JMHO

They do have the final say. It is a powerful position.

"kidnapped or abducted" is literally doublespeak.. they both mean the same thing imho.
By the way, this article is a month old, written 7 days after she went missing.
thanks.. I hadn't read it.

"kidnapped or abducted" is literally doublespeak.. they both mean the same thing imho.
By the way, this article is a month old, written 7 days after she went missing.
thanks.. I hadn't read it.
I'm new to this one, so sorry if I repeated anything just trying to help.

I wonder if this might be a case of "mean girls" jmo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

There "is no evidence of" doesn't equate it didn't actually happen. Maybe she was kidnapped or abducted, police just don't have evidence of it (nobody reported seeing it happen).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member