TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who saw her at that time?
Agency IDs time gap as search for 3-year-old continues

As the search for missing 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil enters its second week, the FBI has identified an 18-minute gap from the time she was last seen on video until her family noticed she was no longer on the playground at their gated apartment complex.

Justin Garris, acting special agent in charge of the FBI San Antonio Field Office, said investigators are seeking the public’s help to learn where Lina was from 4:49 p.m. to 5:07 p.m. on the day she went missing. He said there was no “visibility” of Lina during that stretch of time.

FBI seeks help in case of missing girl - San Antonio Express, 12/29/2021

Audio is not the best in these pressers, so I'm including two:

However, I used Google earth to zoom in a little closer and I think I’ve found a hole in the fence between the two complexes and in an area close to where the Sundance Apt playground is.

I wonder if LE searched the Sundance complex as thoroughly as Lina’s complex including going door to door there?

Then factor in that holes are almost always "two way streets". That possible hole also makes it easier for say, teenagers to cross from one complex to the other with out going through gates and possibly by manager's offices etc.

Exploring the possibility of a troubled teenager, teenage males in both complexes should be identified via leasing contracts. Inquiries can also be made regarding possible long term "guests" who are not officially on leases. Then consult with schools or refugee agencies to identify "known to be aggressive" individuals and perhaps "bad vibes" type individuals.

In the end, the population density is going to be tough. Though Sundance looks smaller, there could be close to 600 units between Villas and Sundance alone. I imagine a lot of leases could include male teenagers. Then factor in other males.

This is in sharp contrast to a horrible crime involving a teenage perpetrator that occurred in a nearby town to me. The police quickly homed in on a disturbed youth type suspect. But the homing was made easier by a far lower population density that led to few disturbed youths- and made one in particular stand out that much more clearly.

Last edited:
Good questions !

Any word about Equusearch being asked to participate in the search ?
I feel for Lina's parents. :(

Does Equusearch decide where to search?

Because I think that's the problem here.

It's not a matter of how, it's where.

They just wouldn't know where she would be, without good tips.

They have been searching in the most likely areas, which is within walking distance of Lina's apartment. I think the physical search is probably fine because it's a small area. LE is looking in the "most logical area" and aren't working from tips.

They really haven't received any search tips...except one and it was kinda weird, but it fizzled.

However, without tips, the entire city could be "turned upside down" and we still would not have found Lina.

Then factor in that holes are almost always "two way streets". That possible hole also makes it easier for say, teenagers to cross from one complex to the other with out going through gates and possibly by manager's offices etc.

Exploring the possibility of a troubled teenager, teenage males in both complexes should be identified via leasing contracts. Inquiries can also be made regarding possible long term "guests" who are not officially on leases. Then consult with schools or refugee agencies to identify "known to be aggressive" individuals and perhaps "bad vibes" type individuals.

In the end, the population density is going to be tough. Though Sundance looks smaller, there could be close to 600 units between Villas and Sundance alone. I imagine a lot of leases could include male teenagers. Then factor in other males.

This is in sharp contrast to a horrible crime involving a teenage perpetrator that occurred in a nearby town to me. The police quickly homed in on a disturbed youth type suspect. But the homing was made easier by a far lower population density that led to few disturbed youths- and made one in particular stand out that much more clearly.
We need someone in local LE who is adept at communicating with teens/gang types to talk to the local youth. Perps, especially young Perps brag. I speculate the outcome is known to more than a few.

search abandoned buildings close by.

amateur opinion and speculation

What's making people lean towards a teen-ager?

Is there anything specific that points that way?

This is MOO, but since Lina didn't speak English, I think it had to be a quick grab and go abduction, someone with a car, which leads more me more toward an adult perp. If she was lured, I think it would have to be by someone within her community and I think it would be solved by now if that was the case.

Again, MOO, and I could be totally wrong. We've seen teen-agers do some some oddly sophisticated crimes. The kid in Scotland who snatched the girl out of her dad's house, for instance.

Last edited:

This is MOO, but since Lina didn't speak English, I think it had to be a quick grab and go abduction, someone with a car, which leads more me more toward an adult perp. If she was lured, I think it would have to be by someone within her community and I think it would be solved by now if that was the case.

Again, MOO, and I could be totally wrong. We've seen teen-agers do some some oddly sophisticated crimes. The kid in Scotland who snatched the girl out of her dad's house, for instance.

Teens can be cunning. They can slip in and out of circles and blend in. They can get a child's trust easier.

They aren't more sophisticated, but sometimes lack of sophistication can work in their favor too.

Last edited:

Juvenile felonies have been growing 30% YoY in Bexar County, where San Antonio is located. It's a fair speculation given that stat.
Violent crime skyrocketing among teens in Bexar County

amateur opinion and speculation

I also am wondering why people are stuck on looking for a teenager. I think it’s no more likely for it to be a teenager than a grown-up.

My opinion has nothing to do with thinking that teenagers can’t be cunning. I base my opinion on what I’ve seen happen over the years following case after case. MOO

RSBM
Agency IDs time gap as search for 3-year-old continues

As the search for missing 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil enters its second week, the FBI has identified an 18-minute gap from the time she was last seen on video until her family noticed she was no longer on the playground at their gated apartment complex.

Justin Garris, acting special agent in charge of the FBI San Antonio Field Office, said investigators are seeking the public’s help to learn where Lina was from 4:49 p.m. to 5:07 p.m. on the day she went missing. He said there was no “visibility” of Lina during that stretch of time.

Please help me understand the 4:49-5:07 time frame. Am I understanding this correctly? Lina is seen on camera from an unknown time until 4:49. At 4:49 she is no longer seen on camera. What happens at 5:07? Is she seen again at that time? Is that when her mom calls 911? (I thought the call was made later?) What happened at 5:07 to narrow it down to that time frame? If she is not seen again at 5:07, why is that the time line they are trying to account for? Why not just say something like, "She is not seen after 4:49"? Clearly is the important point in time.

Thank you for your help. It's just not making sense in my head.

I'm confused on one point and hoping somebody here can clear it up.

The FBI's 17 minute window of time is throwing me off. They are asking for sightings of Lena during this time. (4:49- 5:07 I believe).

Shouldn't they be asking about sightings of anything/ anyone unusual during this time? Why aren't they asking for sightings of Lena any time after 4:49? Surely she was as missing at, say 4:55 as at any point after that, right?

I'm hoping it's not just a matter of clumsy language- or maybe it's a detail that I'm hung up on. Seems significant to me thougho_O

Just posted a question on this exact point, which I'm also hung up on. Unless it's a badly phrased question on their part, the end of that 17 minute window must signify something.
RSBM

Please help me understand the 4:49-5:07 time frame. Am I understanding this correctly? Lina is seen on camera from an unknown time until 4:49. At 4:49 she is no longer seen on camera. What happens at 5:07? Is she seen again at that time? Is that when her mom calls 911? (I thought the call was made later?) What happened at 5:07 to narrow it down to that time frame? If she is not seen again at 5:07, why is that the time line they are trying to account for? Why not just say something like, "She is not seen after 4:49"? Clearly is the important point in time.

@obripe
RSBM

At 5:07, it is somehow confirmed that she is missing. (Maybe mom texted dad or a parent texted mom or they were calling out for Lina and it was caught on video)

They are looking for tips and information about her whereabouts during that specific time frame. For instance, if someone has anything..pictures on their phone etc....That is why they gave a specific time frame. They probably feel it will lead them directly to a suspect and then to Lina.

Could the times indicate from the moment (4:49)Lina's image disappeared from the video to the moment her mother saw that Lina was not in the playground (5:07)?

I may be wrong but this is the time period that L.E need to know if someone saw anything during that period. It could be a shorter time or up to 5:07.

Someone could have appeared in that area during that time who wasn't noticed on the video (because they knew to stand away from where the camera could capture their image).

Last edited:
At 5:07, it is somehow confirmed that she is missing. (Maybe mom texted dad or a parent texted mom or they were calling out for Lina and it was caught on video)

They are looking for tips and information about her whereabouts during that specific time frame. For instance, if someone has anything..pictures on their phone etc....That is why they gave a specific time frame. They probably feel it will lead them directly to a suspect and then to Lina.

Yes! This makes the most sense to me.
JMO

I'm confused on one point and hoping somebody here can clear it up.

The FBI's 17 minute window of time is throwing me off. They are asking for sightings of Lena during this time. (4:49- 5:07 I believe).

Shouldn't they be asking about sightings of anything/ anyone unusual during this time? Why aren't they asking for sightings of Lena any time after 4:49? Surely she was as missing at, say 4:55 as at any point after that, right?

I'm hoping it's not just a matter of clumsy language- or maybe it's a detail that I'm hung up on. Seems significant to me thougho_O

I understand your well-thought out point. Someone could have led Lina away at 4:55 or 5:05.

Could someone have noticed something from an apartment window? It's possible that the investigative team have compiled information from possible sightings. They do state that they are looking at a few people.

It's always a good day for a miracle.

Yes that is the time frame, as I understand it.

My confusion is why the request for sightings ends at 5:07.

Wouldn't it be normal to say something like: "we want to talk to anybody who saw Lena after 4:49 AND to anybody who saw anything unusual in the area, specifically from 4:49 to 5:07"?

Could the times indicate from the moment (4:49)Lina's image disappeared from the video to the moment her mother saw that Lina was not in the playground (5:07)?

I may be wrong but this is the time period that L.E need to know if someone saw anything during that period. It could be a shorter time or up to 5:07.

Someone could have appeared in that area during that time who wasn't noticed on the video (because they knew to stand away from where the camera could capture their image).

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse. I've been known to do so :D

Since she wasn't seen after 5:07 (as far as I can tell, last sighting was 4:49), shouldn't the FBI be looking for sightings of Lena at any time after 4:49? That's what confuses me.

I understand directing attention to that span of time, in that place, for a more general call for witnesses to anything.

If Lena was seen at any time after 4:49 though, wouldn't that be super important?

@obripe

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse. I've been known to do so :D

Since she wasn't seen after 5:07 (as far as I can tell, last sighting was 4:49), shouldn't the FBI be looking for sightings of Lena at any time after 4:49? That's what confuses me.

I understand directing attention to that span of time, in that place, for a more general call for witnesses to anything.

If Lena was seen at any time after 4:49 though, wouldn't that be super important?

MOO: If the FBI says "We want videos of the play area after 5:07 pm on December 20th" everyone and their dog will head over there and take videos because they want videos of the playground after 5:07 pm
Trust me, that is what would happen..LOL

They're not just looking for Lina, they're looking for specific video evidence.

Her missing posters are everywhere.
We've got huge billboards for her up
We've even got car magnets and free 3 by 5 banners.
And also constant news coverage.

Everyone knows that Lina is missing, but not everyone knows that the FBI wants video and photos or activity reports between 4:49 and 5:07

It also puts an image in the public's mind that she was actually abducted.
Too many people are blaming the parents and when that happens, the public doesn't look.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member