TX - *LOCATED* Barefoot woman seen on surveillance video, Montgomery County, 24 Aug 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
JavaScript is part of the problem, but there is some bug with the forum too, that is hiding the video. Even without JavaScript you should at least be able to see a link to the Facebook video. It shouldn't just be invisible.
I have javascript enabled. I still don't see anything at all. It's weird. I flushed my DNS and everything I could think of and still nothing. I've been seeing videos just fine until this one. That's why I thought it was just an error in the code. Weird.

Now this is what I like to wake up to: a solved mystery with a pretty positive outcome. :)

I am so relieved that this woman is safe. Hopefully she can recover from the ordeal of DV and go on to live a happy and productive life. I am fine not knowing her name or many of the details; she deserves her privacy.

It's a bit disappointing that her "boyfriend" choose suicide as his way out. This woman deserves justice and he deserved punishment. Prosecuting DV perpetrators is one of the only ways we can get DV to stop.

Once again I am impressed with the Websleuths community. People from all over the world invested time, labour and positive energy to seeing this through. Nearly everyone was helpful, and there was only a bare minimum of the silliness that we occasionally see in online forums. Most people sleuthing looked at the evidence we had and worked for forward (as opposed to someone coming in with an agenda and trying to sway the interpretation of facts to that agenda). It was a privilege to watch you at work.

So I guess that's that! Thank you fine folks for being so inspiring, hardworking and uplifting. Catch ya on the next mystery!

It is not a bug I experience. I see the FB videos, but I am generally logged into FB on the device. I’m not sure why/how it woul make a difference.

Have you notified the Board Admin of the bug you experience on the “ welcome” thread?
Welcome To Websleuths # 4

I would do that, but it's been suggested by an admin that I not post my problems there. So I will respect their wishes and not do that. I didn't mean to derail this thread with the problem either. I was just trying to figure out if others could see the video or not.

Thanks for the response.

I don't know if this is a good place to ask this, but I also don't know of a better one:

There are so, so many missing people out there. It breaks my heart. I know there is a database of missing people, but is there also a database of unidentified people? I'm just wondering if there's a way for people to try to work on matching them up. I feel like I've read before that there is.

I don't know if this is a good place to ask this, but I also don't know of a better one:

There are so, so many missing people out there. It breaks my heart. I know there is a database of missing people, but is there also a database of unidentified people? I'm just wondering if there's a way for people to try to work on matching them up. I feel like I've read before that there is.

NamUs

OK, I am on my phone so I hope this works. It is a link to WS Unidentified Forum. You should be able to find lots of cases to work on there. The Unidentified

OK then, can you see the video in my post below? If not how we can we link to them?

I see a link to a video on Facebook. Is that what you are asking: whether others can see your link to a video or did you mean something else? I didn’t click on it though to see if it works, because I rarely use FB anymore and don’t want to login.

I see a link to a video on Facebook. Is that what you are asking: whether others can see your link to a video or did you mean something else? I didn’t click on it though to see if it works, because I rarely use FB anymore and don’t want to login.

Yes that is what I mean. To me, I see nothing. Apparently some people can see it, some can't.

I have an account and also remain logged in. I don't get it. Could it be cookies? I thought I had enabled them, but let me go check right quick.

ETA: Nope...cookies are enabled, too. :confused: IDK what's going on, lol.

Firefox? I think that browser no longer supports Java.

Neighbors in shock after suicide that led to doorbell ringer

“"The male did leave a suicide note to help identify the female and some of the circumstances about why this occurred," Montgomery Co. Deputy Scott Spencer said.”

Snip

“Deputies said the woman's name will not be released because she is a victim of domestic violence, and that she is still being interviewed.

Neighbors say the man, who worked at a local boat retailer, just moved into the rental home a few months ago.“

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member