TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping this...Still the strongest resemblance in my opinion.

The SSN investigator is checking DNA on this case.

I think that's a possibility! With the exception of 402 months - that's 33 years, which would be too long for her to have stayed with her father.

Otherwise I think there's definitiely a chance that you're onto something.

Has someone already looked at the similarity between this abducted girl and Lori Ruff?
raZP4cp.jpg

I've been following a story of a girl who was a possible abduction years ago-all that was left was a Polaroid of her and a boy. This picture only includes the girl's face. I've taken some of the pictures from both stories and put them together.

Here is a link to the story of the potential abduction http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/66uffl.html

I've not yet done the maths, but the pictures somewhat shock me! Please let me know your thoughts.

While there is a resemblence in the pictures, I dont think she is Tara Calico. The dates arent right, plus if she is Tara, I would have to believe that Tara arranged her own dissappearance.a lot of people believe these are pictures of Tara, some dont, its never really been proven one way or another.

Thanks Killarney! I guess it's all about us throwing out our ideas. That's what I love about Websleuths. One never, ever knows! But if the dates are off-then it must be excluded. But yes, shocking resemblance isn't it??

Thanks Killarney! I guess it's all about us throwing out our ideas. That's what I love about Websleuths. One never, ever knows! But if the dates are off-then it must be excluded. But yes, shocking resemblance isn't it??

Very close! Too bad we cant see all of her face. You never know when that one, grasping at straws idea might solve a case! Have to admit, it made me wonder just a little bit, what if Tara did engineer her own dissappearance.:fence:

Do we have a list of places where LEK has been and/or have connections to? Maybe it'd be easier to go through missing people/events happening in the 80s/cults/whatever if we know exactly where she's been and places she has other connections to.

Has Melissa Sue Highsmith been considered? Sorry can't link....but think her age progressed photo resembles LEKR...she was apparently kidnapped, so not sure why she would need to "create" an identity...

Thoughts?

Has Melissa Sue Highsmith been considered? Sorry can't link....but think her age progressed photo resembles LEKR...she was apparently kidnapped, so not sure why she would need to "create" an identity...

Thoughts?

I believe she's been brought up earlier in this thread

Here's a timeline from the paper chase courtesy of the Seattle Times.
http://seattletimes.com/html/localpages/2021235163_timelinejanedoe.html

Thank you!

Given that LEK managed to pull all of this off and not getting caught until she basically decided to (keeping a box with all these documents at her house surely must've been a way of making sure that word got out after she was gone?) she must be quite smart. She seemed to have difficulties with people and socializing in general. This makes me think she had a disorder (is that the right term? English isn't my native language) of some kind (not the ADHD and Tourettes she was medicated for). I first thought of Asperger but people with Asperger are notoriously honest - something which LEK clearly wasn't. Anyone got any idea?

Furthermore, based on the fact that she spread out all over the westcoast, she obviously didn't want to be traced. She had a mail box in Nevada, lived in Texas, had something going on in California (based on the scribbles she made + the birth certificate of BST), had an ID card issued in Idaho, had some connection to Washington (did she actually go there? Or are we just assuming she did? I can't remember.) and some connection to Arizona as well (was that where she got her SSN?). I am thinking that none of these states are states which she originates from, but are near where she comes from, possibly to make her difficult to track.

Utah is close by and have a lot of mormons living there... Could she have been a run away? Other possibilites are Oregon and Montana. Being a runaway doesn't justify going through such trouble of changing her identity, though... I don't have a lot of knowledge about mormons or other religious movements, but I'd guess that they simply wouldn't care if you took off and left?

I thought about her, but either the date or age I thought was way off? I can't remember now, but I still think she looks like her...

The nose looks similar to me, but does the abducted girl have attached earlobes? I can't see clearly, but it looks like it.

Not sure about the eyebrows (they can be plucked though) and it's difficult to tell if her eyes are as big as LEK's. I wouldn't completely rule it out.

ETA: The timeline confuses me though. LEK had already established a new identity in 1988, so why would she have been in danger in 1989?

While there is a resemblence in the pictures, I dont think she is Tara Calico. The dates arent right, plus if she is Tara, I would have to believe that Tara arranged her own dissappearance.a lot of people believe these are pictures of Tara, some dont, its never really been proven one way or another.

She does look like LEK/Jane Doe, I thought about the picture of this girl as well, in case it is NOT Tara... what if it was LEK/Jane Doe, but I think the dates were off with LEK/Jane Doe's new ID or something (I have to look again) and we would still be back to square one...who is she then/ real name?? -LEK could not be Tara because of the date, could still be this unknown girl, I thought they look an awful lot alike

I would lean toward Oregon, the article stated that the news paper of the fire in 1971 I believe was posted in an Oregon Newspaper... so maybe her or the ID broker saw the story (since she was not very old, I am thinking the ID broker)

The ST reporter stated that the original newspaper from BST's death was "unidentified." But when I went back to check the source of the article being published it also came back with a link to Seattle Times. (for some reason it was saved as a .pdf file and then deleted) lol I'm going to check ancestry to see if someone may be able to provide an accurate link. So that we know which newspaper it was published in. bbs

This is really my first attempt at this so I am definitely a novice but the thing that keeps standing out to me is that scribbled notes page. It seems odd that among the many TX and CA numbers there are two seemingly random numbers, an oil and gas company in CO and a library in PA.

I mean what would a library in PA have that one closer to her didn't? Also what would her connection be to an oil and gas company? She has attorneys and police, a make up artist and possibly a photo studio and then randomly an oil and gas company. That just seems weird. Could she have known someone or been related to someone who worked there?

Maybe I'm just reading more into that number than there is.

This is really my first attempt at this so I am definitely a novice but the thing that keeps standing out to me is that scribbled notes page. It seems odd that among the many TX and CA numbers there are two seemingly random numbers, an oil and gas company in CO and a library in PA.

I mean what would a library in PA have that one closer to her didn't? Also what would her connection be to an oil and gas company? She has attorneys and police, a make up artist and possibly a photo studio and then randomly an oil and gas company. That just seems weird. Could she have known someone or been related to someone who worked there?

Maybe I'm just reading more into that number than there is.

Didn't her husband come from an oil-family? Probably not related but I remember reading it in the article linked a couple of pages above.

I read through the thread last night and I can't remember if this has been suggested, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Michelle Renee Giusti
giusti_michelle.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/giusti_michelle.html

Went missing at almost 2 years old from WA with her mother and her sister. What struck me is what her mother looked like:

giusti_sharon.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/giusti_sharon.html

Am I the only one who see a resemblance between Sharon and LEK? It's not striking, but it's there.

I also ran Michelle's height at 24 months old through a percentile chart and she's taller than 95th percentile (I might have made an error though, I don't know) at her age. She could've grown up to be 5'10''.

I think that using BST's name and identity is a clue somehow. I feel like LEK had ties to WA somehow. Maybe her mother took the kids and left, and LEK later found out about it?

She was also born in 1961, which would work with the theory of LEK being older than she claimed to be. Although giving birth at 47 is less probable, but not entirely impossible.

I can definitely see a resemblance with the mother.

The nose looks similar to me, but does the abducted girl have attached earlobes? I can't see clearly, but it looks like it.

Not sure about the eyebrows (they can be plucked though) and it's difficult to tell if her eyes are as big as LEK's. I wouldn't completely rule it out.

ETA: The timeline confuses me though. LEK had already established a new identity in 1988, so why would she have been in danger in 1989?

She does look like LEK/Jane Doe, I thought about the picture of this girl as well, in case it is NOT Tara... what if it was LEK/Jane Doe, but I think the dates were off with LEK/Jane Doe's new ID or something (I have to look again) and we would still be back to square one...who is she then/ real name?? -LEK could not be Tara because of the date, could still be this unknown girl, I thought they look an awful lot alike

Does anyone think we'll (the public) be informed when they figure out who she was and what her story was?

Does anyone think we'll (the public) be informed when they figure out who she was and what her story was?

Good question... it's possible, but we may only find out through the NAMUS page being taken down. Hopefully they do a follow up article once they identify her!

Didn't her husband come from an oil-family? Probably not related but I remember reading it in the article linked a couple of pages above.

I thought about the oil-family angle (watched too much Dallas back in the day. I went back to the Seattle Times article and it does not appear they were an oil family. The grandparents settled in Longview during the oil boom. No telling if the family owned oil fields. I was getting excited over a possible connection between the family and the notes.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html

"The Ruffs are a close-knit East Texas family, warm and friendly people who sent their kids to boarding school and socialize at the country club. They live between Dallas and Shreveport in Longview, a mid*sized city that feels like a small town. They’re in the banking and real-estate business, and are well-known around town. Blake’s paternal grandparents had set down roots there during the oil boom of the 1930s"

the photo of the woman and baby missing... something about it made me pause. i really think it's worth submitting and i rarely feel that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sshamrick2011