TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Sutton...I see the investigators have agreed she's an unlikely match. I think I agree too, the mouth and ears are way too different. I still think she wasn't reported missing.

For the last few days, I have been looking into Bountiful, B.C.. It's hard to find on google maps. The closest place to it is Lester, British Columbia. It's a community situated close to the U.S. border in the middle of British Columbia. I think that it's a simple thing for casual crossings of the U.S. border to take place. I have my doubts that the 3000 plus miles of the U.S. Canada border can be patrolled that well. Therefore, a young woman from Bountiful could easily penetrate the border and cross unseen.

Lori Kennedy was very interested in her church community in Texas, and that would seem to fit with someone who had left a church community like Bountiful, although there is serious issues of morality with the Bountiful, British Columbia community. I found a reference to a person who left this community in 1988, but I don't know if I can mention that person's name or reference website on this site. But if anyone sends me a private message, I could provide that name and website link.

There is also a another mormon community in the U.S. closely linked to the Bountiful, B.C. community.

I just read that the school at Bountiful, B.C. has closed. The students in this community have to pursue their own studies outside of a regular classroom situation.

Feel free to message me.

I’m from a town in Washington that is just across the border from Canada and though I have never personally done it I know many people who have easily crossed back and forth across the border without detection. There isn’t border patrol deep in the forest and there are many logging roads can be driven across the border without being seen. Border patrol was also much more relaxed in the 70’s and 80’s. Even if LEK left a group like the FLDS, she may have still felt comfortable being a part of a group, so joining and being involved in a church in Texas would fulfill that for her. Awhile back someone under the name Spring/Summer posted on here claiming to have worked and been friends with her and wanted it to be known that she was a very modest person, this could also reflect a religious upbringing.

Just bringing this post of mine back from the previous thread (with deletions where I was wide of the mark):

Hello! My name is William, from London. Since yesterday, when I first became aware of this case, I've caught the sleuthing bug and, after a few hours, I believe I may have found Jane Doe's family. It's certainly a bit of a long shot.

My theory is that Jane Doe is the daughter of Eric Alexander King and Lorene May Wadleigh. Intuitively, I thought that there was something off-colour about the name 'Lori Erica Kennedy', as if some sort of answer lay there, hidden in plain sight. My first thought was that it signified something from her past, perhaps a play on words. I also did not believe that Jane knowing about Becky Sue Turner was the result of travelling across states and hours spent mining public records; I imagined something more mundane: she knew about Turner because she lived in the same area as the cemetery. Finding a post on here, from 2013 (by neesaki), where an Eric A. King is mentioned, only encouraged this idea. So, after performing searches on ancestry.co.uk, I found these two individuals ("Eric A. K..." and "Lorene"). Here are the facts as I know them:

1) Eric Alexander King was allegedly a stockbroker from Rathdown, near Dublin, Ireland. He was born on 25 September 1936, had an older brother named Malcolm, and married Lorene May Wadleigh (daughter of Donald Jacques Wadleigh and Mildred Lorene Canfield) on 1st July 1961 in Seattle, Washington.

2) Eric was naturalized as an American on 1st May 1985. At the time of his naturalization, he, and presumably his wife, lived at 1530 Vista Drive Southeast, Puyallup (near Tacoma), which Google informs me is 2.9-3 miles away from Woodbine Cemetery, Puyallup, where Becky Sue Turner is buried. Lorene continued to live in the area of Tacoma until the early 90s. She later remarried after Eric's death.

3) Lorene was born 26 October 1937 in Kansas. She lived in Seattle and Auburn (not simultaneously) in the 90s. The name "Lori" can be used as a diminutive form of Lorene. The witnesses to Lorene and Eric's marriage were Malcolm J. King and Judith Richardson.

At this point, I do not know if they had any children. Ancestry.com (and .co.uk) has not made California Births for the 1960s publicly available. I would have to order a birth certificate from the Washington State Department of Health, but I don't know if the protocol for ordering certificates is different in the US to how it is in the UK. I believe it's worth a look, given the similarity of the names, the timing of the marriage in 1961 (if they had children soon or sometime afterwards, it would suit Jane Doe's approximate age) and the close proximity that Eric and presumably Lorene's residence had to Woodbine Cemetery.

Sources (requires ancestry.co.uk or .com registration to view original record images, except for FamilySearch results):

Eric A King in the Ireland, Civil Registration Births Index, 1864-1958

Malcolm J King, Ireland, Civil Registration Indexes (FamilySearch)

Eric A King in the Washington Death Index, 1940-1996

Eric A King in the Web: Tacoma, Washington, Obituary Index, 1939-2010

Lorene M Wadleigh [and Eric A. King] in the Washington, Marriage Records, 1865-2004

Lorene Wadleigh in the 1940 United States Federal Census

Eric Alexander King in the Washington, Naturalization Records, 1904-1991

I've already tried contacting Mr. Velling twice, to no response. I don't want to send yet another e-mail if he's already dismissed the idea without contacting me or if it's going to be swamped under a wave of messages from other people. What should I do next? Nobody here poo-poohed the hypothesis; on the contrary, you all seemed very encouraging. Is it that far-fetched? I'll admit that I wrote it when I wasn't in the best mental state - in general as well as on that particular day. It was a night filled with feverish, dream-like episodes of borderline madness.

Velling has retired( as of this past August). Not sure who is on the case now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Velling has retired( as of this past August). Not sure who is on the case now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they are leaving it as a cold case? At this point, what does the Social Security Administration have to gain by finding out her real identity? She is dead, they can’t charge her with fraud, so what is the point? As much as I want to know who she is I do think an ongoing investigation is a waste of government funds.

Just bringing this post of mine back from the previous thread (with deletions where I was wide of the mark):

I've already tried contacting Mr. Velling twice, to no response. I don't want to send yet another e-mail if he's already dismissed the idea without contacting me or if it's going to be swamped under a wave of messages from other people. What should I do next? Nobody here poo-poohed the hypothesis; on the contrary, you all seemed very encouraging. Is it that far-fetched? I'll admit that I wrote it when I wasn't in the best mental state - in general as well as on that particular day. It was a night filled with feverish, dream-like episodes of borderline madness.

This makes all kinds of sense, but my problem is Terry Turner , Becky Sues father, I cant get past how much FLEK looks like him .......it could be a coynkidink but WOW! right?

William, your theory was very interesting. I am thinking that we could search that area for a child with that surname, and possibly see a link to FLEK.

We have been working on this for years it seems. Then someone like yourself comes in with a fresh view point, after having only looked at it for a short time. It is refreshing. Thanks.

This makes all kinds of sense, but my problem is Terry Turner , Becky Sues father, I cant get past how much FLEK looks like him .......it could be a coynkidink but WOW! right?
I just went and looked for the first time....holy crap! There's a very strong resemblance!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Maybe they are leaving it as a cold case? At this point, what does the Social Security Administration have to gain by finding out her real identity? She is dead, they can’t charge her with fraud, so what is the point? As much as I want to know who she is I do think an ongoing investigation is a waste of government funds.

I don't think that was the point of the investigation; it was a means for finding out FLEK's original identity. If the SSA uncovered some sort of identity theft ring at the same time, then bonus for them. The real purpose of the search was to solve a mystery for the r u f f family.

I don't think that was the point of the investigation; it was a means for finding out FLEK's original identity. If the SSA uncovered some sort of identity theft ring at the same time, then bonus for them. The real purpose of the search was to solve a mystery for the r u f f family.

Sorry if I sound like a Debbie Downer here but why should government money be spent so the Ruff’s can find out her real identity? Shouldn’t they be footing the cost for an investigation since it isn’t of any benefit to the government now? From what I’ve read the Ruffs want to distance themselves from all this, it doesn’t sound like they are pushing for further investigation. With Velling retiring I doubt this case is a top priority for whoever took over his job. Just my opionion…

Sorry if I sound like a Debbie Downer here but why should government money be spent so the Ruff’s can find out her real identity? Shouldn’t they be footing the cost for an investigation since it isn’t of any benefit to the government now? From what I’ve read the Ruffs want to distance themselves from all this, it doesn’t sound like they are pushing for further investigation. With Velling retiring I doubt this case is a top priority for whoever took over his job. Just my opionion…

Your opinion is likely correct. I think that department is so busy and probably understaffed like so many other government departments. I also don't believe it would be a priority especially because as you mentioned, she is deceased.
I still believe that the truth is known to someone in the Turner family and I won't stop believing that until someone in that family speaks out and says otherwise. I also think important information was known by C.C. Stalder, but of course she is deceased also and only her stepson would be able to answer any questions.

Your opinion is likely correct. I think that department is so busy and probably understaffed like so many other government departments. I also don't believe it would be a priority especially because as you mentioned, she is deceased.
I still believe that the truth is known to someone in the Turner family and I won't stop believing that until someone in that family speaks out and says otherwise. I also think important information was known by C.C. Stalder, but of course she is deceased also and only her stepson would be able to answer any questions.

I'm with you on a connection to the Turner family, I just don't believe it is a total coincidence that she looks so much like Mr. Turner and just so happened to steal his daughter's identity. The Turners have claimed to have no idea who she is, perhaps they are lying or perhaps she is the illegitimate daughter of Mr. Turner and was kept a secret from the rest of the family. Here's a possible scenario:

LEK was a product of an affair Mr. Turner had. At some point in her life, she found out about this or was told. For whatever reason, at some point she needed a new identity and knowing about BST's death, she decided to use her info to obtain a new identity. Maybe she did this out of necessity, maybe she did it as a spiteful payback to Mr. Turner for never being a part of her life. At some point she thought the Turners were onto her and changed her identity to LEK.

Hey, I don't know if this has been found yet, I've never seen it before: http://www.cityofpuyallup.org/agend..._1188/5069_Public Records Report 07-02-15.pdf. I found it by googling Lori Ruff Puyallup. According to this document, in April of this year an anonymous person put in a records request for info shared between the City of Puyallup and Agent Velling regarding Lori Erica Ruff.

Under the Washington Public Records Act, §42.56, I request: Any communications between your
agency and Joseph Velling, Special Agent in Charge at the Social Security Administration's OIG office in
Seattle, WA, including email (Joseph.Velling@ssa.gov), U.S. Mail (701 Pike Street, Suite 1000, Seattle,
Washington), fax (206‐553‐1002), or phone (888‐250‐4172, ext 18417). I also request all records
regarding Lori Erica Ruff

I just went and looked for the first time....holy crap! There's a very strong resemblance!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Is it possible to either share the pic or give a location as to where to find it.
Thanks.

Is it possible to either share the pic or give a location as to where to find it.
Thanks.

Google "Lori Ruff Terry Turner" and look at the images. The first and third pic that pops up are side-by-side comparisons. The first image is the one that has me convinced they are related.

Interesting how many guests we have visiting this thread right now...

I don't speak much (any really) Spanish but I can see at least 2 people mention the distortion of the voice in the comments, and I believe one of them says the distortion is causing them trouble in understanding what is being said. I have a friend who speaks Spanish and Portugeuse, I can show her this when I see her and see if she can make it out, if someone here hasn't been able to translate before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kolse