TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe FLEK was previously some sort of 'model' who did glamour and/or *advertiser censored* photo shoots.

Perhaps she had been trying to track down old photos of herself so she could get rid of them.

I was just reading about another case on Reddit and someone provided a link to this website which has the pics and info for both missing and recovered(deceased) people and goes back several years. I am now searching through the missing pictures to see if any of the woman resemble LEK. Feel free to join me in searching.

https://lostandfound.revealnews.org/

About the photography thing... Yes yes yes. It keeps popping up. Also the person from Texas that contacted me who said she knew FLEK is a photographer. Remember that mockingbird address had a photog associated with it. Wasn't there another one too? And Visages from notes page is a photo studio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which person from TX? What have I missed? And Linda, did JP ever get back to you with anything new? Did she see the pictures of Lori ?

I was just reading about another case on Reddit and someone provided a link to this website which has the pics and info for both missing and recovered(deceased) people and goes back several years. I am now searching through the missing pictures to see if any of the woman resemble LEK. Feel free to join me in searching.

https://lostandfound.revealnews.org/

Well I’ve spent quite a while looking at the missing persons pics from July 1975-July 1984 (need to give me eyes a break right now) and I haven’t found any that I think look similar to LEK though some of the cases don’t have any pics so there is a possibility she could be one of those people. It is really quite sad to see years and years of pics of missing people, so many families left wondering what happened to their loved ones. I will keep searching the pics but I’m still leaning towards my theory that she was an FLDS runaway and was never reported missing because her family disowned her after she left. I guess there is also a possibility that she had plastic surgery to change her appearance and her old pic wouldn’t be recognizable.

About the photography thing... Yes yes yes. It keeps popping up. Also the person from Texas that contacted me who said she knew FLEK is a photographer. Remember that mockingbird address had a photog associated with it. Wasn't there another one too? And Visages from notes page is a photo studio.

I think she was a small time model who really wanted to be an advertising/marketing executive but maybe couldn't get away from being "just a model" under her previous identity...
She was tall and pretty, so it seems plausible, and models I've spoken to will say they're used to being paid a few hundred dollars per hour for work so it's hard to get away from that kind of work, but they don't find it fulfilling, or don't like the way they're treated and so forth.

Like how Hollywood actors always seem to talk about how acting is fine but what they really want to do is DIRECT. :dramaqueen:

Then, with a clean slate and a business degree as LEK, she portrayed herself as a "marketing consultant".

Not that this rambling will help find her... just sharing the picture that's building in my head, in case it sparks any ideas for any of you?

The FLDS or a LeBaron Chenoweth connection is still my favorite theory.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

DVO,
I always had a problem with her resume: marketing, advertising, photography because there doesn't seem to be any known work of her's from that time frame. This is unusual for someone in that field. But you may be correct, she might have used yet another alias, but my issue with that is her resume. She uses the FLEK name, so I'm thinking she used that name while working in the "marketing" industry.

Thread relating to FLEK's Resume:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?215641-Resume

DVO,
I always had a problem with her resume: marketing, advertising, photography because there doesn't seem to be any known work of her's from that time frame. This is unusual for someone in that field. But you may be correct, she might have used yet another alias, but my issue with that is her resume. She uses the FLEK name, so I'm thinking she used that name while working in the "marketing" industry.

Thread relating to FLEK's Resume:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?215641-Resume

I have done marketing/advertising and graphic design work for 5+ years and I'm not known at all, nor will I ever be, because it's just a job, an interesting job, but I'm not vying to be a famed artist by any means. The positions she lists are similar to what I do which is just to coordinate advertising/compile photos and information for publications/do grunt work basically, lol. Pre-internet especially, you would have to be an incredibly famous commercial artist (and one who was looking to make a career out of your name, as opposed to just doing the work and going home at 5pm) for your name to be out there or for any work to survive in the public sphere and actually be attributed to the person who did it (as opposed to the company they worked for or their manager etc). Just because I use Photoshop and Illustrator at work, keep a catalogue of other peoples' photography and do ghostwriting for my bosses does not mean I am or have any interest in ever being well known for doing so.
I don't think Lori was a famous artist under any name, just that it's possible this was the industry she was experienced at working in and the kind of work she was used to doing even before she made her identity change, and just picked up doing this kind of work as LEK because it's what she knew. She may have expected that as LEK she would be able to go further than under her previous identity, but obviously that didn't really pan out... But anyway, if we followed the angle that she could have been doing this kind of work prior to her identity change as well, I think it's possible there may be marketing executives in LA or Dallas who knew her pre-identity change by her other name. I think it's another long shot, but just something that's another possibility... I guess it's worth mentioning that this whole idea hinges on her probably being considerably older than she claimed, in her late 20s at the time of the Idaho ID I'd say..

I have done marketing/advertising and graphic design work for 5+ years and I'm not known at all, nor will I ever be, because it's just a job, an interesting job, but I'm not vying to be a famed artist by any means. The positions she lists are similar to what I do which is just to coordinate advertising/compile photos and information for publications/do grunt work basically, lol. Pre-internet especially, you would have to be an incredibly famous commercial artist (and one who was looking to make a career out of your name, as opposed to just doing the work and going home at 5pm) for your name to be out there or for any work to survive in the public sphere and actually be attributed to the person who did it (as opposed to the company they worked for or their manager etc). Just because I use Photoshop and Illustrator at work, keep a catalogue of other peoples' photography and do ghostwriting for my bosses does not mean I am or have any interest in ever being well known for doing so.
I don't think Lori was a famous artist under any name, just that it's possible this was the industry she was experienced at working in and the kind of work she was used to doing even before she made her identity change, and just picked up doing this kind of work as LEK because it's what she knew. She may have expected that as LEK she would be able to go further than under her previous identity, but obviously that didn't really pan out... But anyway, if we followed the angle that she could have been doing this kind of work prior to her identity change as well, I think it's possible there may be marketing executives in LA or Dallas who knew her pre-identity change by her other name. I think it's another long shot, but just something that's another possibility... I guess it's worth mentioning that this whole idea hinges on her probably being considerably older than she claimed, in her late 20s at the time of the Idaho ID I'd say..

I agree with you. I should have explained better. I was thinking about her resume and the people/places/companies she would have worked for. I thought some one would have recognized or remembered her. We don't always remember our former co-workers, but I had hoped at least one person would come forward pre or post FLEK and say they had worked with her.

I agree - that's the strangest thing, that no one from her personal life, pre-LEK or even as LEK, has had any involvement in trying to figure this out. That's the biggest mystery, for me!

I seem to recall from a previous post that LEK got very defensive when asked by her in-laws about her past and basically told them it was none of their business. If a person is savvy enough to obtain a new identity, would they not be able to come up with a believable fake back story to support it? Besides the supposed boyfriend from 1988(?) has there ever been anyone else who posted anything on here who knew her in real life?

I have been following this story since the first article came out from the Seattle Times. I’ve thought of many possibilities of who this woman was and this is what I think is most plausible. (Please note, this is all just a theory, I have no evidence this is true)

I think LEK ran away from an FLDS sect in her late teens/early twenties with the assistance of someone who helped her find a place to live temporarily and helped her obtain a fake identity. This would explain her over-the-top secrecy about her past, why she claimed she had no existing family and why no one has come forward to identify her. (People who leave the sect are shunned afterwards so her family would not be looking for her.) There is a FLDS sect in Bountiful, British Columbia, almost a straight shot down to Boise, ID, where she obtained the driver’s license under BST’s name. I think she did possibly stay at the house listed on the driver’s license (the couple who lived there was known to take in runaways) but they either don’t remember her or have lied about knowing her. Perhaps they were afraid of getting in trouble for housing a runaway. I think from there she worked odd jobs (dancer) to make ends meet, changed her identity again and tried to live some sort of normal life. The sect in Bountiful has been investigated for abuse and trafficking women so I wonder if her psychological problems came from early abuse or other mistreatment at the sect. I think there is also a possibility that she had a child that she had to leave behind when she escaped, which is why she was so overly protective of her daughter.

What do you guys think?

For the last few days, I have been looking into Bountiful, B.C.. It's hard to find on google maps. The closest place to it is Lester, British Columbia. It's a community situated close to the U.S. border in the middle of British Columbia. I think that it's a simple thing for casual crossings of the U.S. border to take place. I have my doubts that the 3000 plus miles of the U.S. Canada border can be patrolled that well. Therefore, a young woman from Bountiful could easily penetrate the border and cross unseen.

Lori Kennedy was very interested in her church community in Texas, and that would seem to fit with someone who had left a church community like Bountiful, although there is serious issues of morality with the Bountiful, British Columbia community. I found a reference to a person who left this community in 1988, but I don't know if I can mention that person's name or reference website on this site. But if anyone sends me a private message, I could provide that name and website link.

There is also a another mormon community in the U.S. closely linked to the Bountiful, B.C. community.

I just read that the school at Bountiful, B.C. has closed. The students in this community have to pursue their own studies outside of a regular classroom situation.

Feel free to message me.

Is anyone here familiar with the Sexton family from Ohio? Are all the girls from the family accounted for?

I seem to recall from a previous post that LEK got very defensive when asked by her in-laws about her past and basically told them it was none of their business. If a person is savvy enough to obtain a new identity, would they not be able to come up with a believable fake back story to support it? Besides the supposed boyfriend from 1988(?) has there ever been anyone else who posted anything on here who knew her in real life?
One of the things about lying, especially being really good at it, is that the less details you give the less likely you are to get caught or trip yourself up. If you're going to lie about something over time, best to keep it short and sweet.

Over explaining things is a common tell for people who are lying. If she provided a lot of details she'd have to make sure she always kept them straight. Easier to stick with the "Dad was a failed broker, we're estranged, I don't like to talk about it" line...

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Holy crap! Mary Louise day looks like Mary Louise Parker! ( esp her younger pic)
Her younger pic is on Google

Yeah, she kinda does. I hope it is, that would be the happiest missing persons ending ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member