Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
HPD: Blood evidence linked to Maleah Davis found in stepfather's apartment
Blood evidence obtained from the apartment of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis' estranged stepfather has been linked to the girl, according to Houston police detectives.

[...]

HPD detectives say in addition to blood evidence linked to Maleah being found at the apartment, Vence was also seen carrying a laundry basket from the apartment.

Vence's silver Nissan Altima was recovered in Missouri City on Thursday.

The laundry basket was found in the trunk of the Nissan along with a gas can, according to HPD.

[...]

The linked article says the laundry basket and a gas can was found in the trunk of the Altima:)

So I guess he wasn’t hiding after all. I wonder if he has an attorney. He had time to search for one. I still can’t believe no one was worried about MD till Saturday. And the older boy was still home, I’m sure he saw something....I believe he has been with DV family all week...Brainwashed..MOO

No, it sounds like he was right where we were told he was.

Anyone think they have info on M’s location?

One of the CPS documents posted by CM at KHOU mentioned that Maleah had been doing physical therapy and OT (probably beginning in the hospital) and "would soon be in speech." She would have been entitled to these services as a result of of her surgeries and injuries and it means SOME delay had been documented. It's somewhat unusual for a child to get speech services before kindergarten (more common for a child who has had contact with medical professionals though), so her speech issues or delay was probably fairly significant for a 4-year-old. This might have meant she didn't speak much and/or that she was hard to understand (either of which could have been related to the brain injury or to being raised in a household with several risk factors for delayed language development).

If she had become more verbal recently, that could explain why DV and others were more worried than they used to be about what Maleah might say to teachers, doctors, caseworkers, etc.

Interesting, so she would have been covered under an IFSP, eligible for Special Education Services for children under age 6. Which, if I am not mistaken, will be an additional enhancement to the charges, when and if DV is charged with more charges in relation to Maleah.

Abusing a child under age 6, and abusing a child with a disability.

Texas....don't mess with Texas!

I assume LE has looked at every little flicker of that apartment video to see if, or when, he left that apartment and what he appeared to have with him

I'm still not convinced she was in that laundry basket he carried out.

The flex of his arm and hand and his posture made it so clear to me that whatever was covered in the basket was heavy.
Let me guess... there wasn’t clean laundry in the trunk was there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeterFalk