Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please explain to me why "intent", or "lack of intent", is why a murder charge has not been brought against DV, or anyone, for that matter?

A child that is abused to the point of death has been murdered. What else do you need to know? Am I wrong in thinking that there is no intent in this type of scenario? Intent to me almost seems to be pre meditation.

In Canada, proof of murder is enough to bring a murder charge. We don't need a theory or have to prove a theory or intent. So long as there is proof of murder then the rest falls into place.

Help me understand. Thanks all.
They have to prove she didn't die of an accident or natural causes. Granted, the amount of blood in the apartment should be able to rule out both.

But they need to prove his actions led to her death beyond a reasonable doubt. Basically, they want to make sure they have a solid case, so he doesn't get acquitted.

Right now the only solid case they have against him is tampering with a corpse, pending the autopsy results.

Well, well, well. Very interesting. So BB's phone was found in the abandoned car. So whose phone did she use at the air port to call DV and her mother?

She probably used her cell phone at the airport. It sounds to me like her cell phone didn't get into the abandoned car until after she returned from her trip.

According to DV, he drove Malaeh to Arkansas, so he had possession of the abandoned car until he turned it over to another person. That person latter abandoned the vehicle in a parking lot.

Only other explanation I can think of is she had two cell phones in her name. However if she did indeed have two cells, then why use her mother's cell phone. Why not used a second cell phone she had access to?

She probably used her cell phone at the airport. It sounds to me like her cell phone didn't get into the abandoned car until after she returned from her trip.

According to DV, he drove Malaeh to Arkansas, so he had possession of the abandoned car until he turned it over to another person. That person latter abandoned the vehicle in a parking lot.

Only other explanation I can think of is she had two cell phones in her name. However if she did indeed have two cells, then why use her mother's cell phone. Why not used a second cell phone she had access to?
I want to clarify - the article stating her cell phone was found in the vehicle was retracted. As far as we know, her phone was never actually found in the vehicle. It was bad information.

So, it's reasonable to believe she had just one phone, and it was on her the entire time. Nothing currently places her in the vehicle when it showed up at the hospital and was abandoned later.

What type of bond does DV have? Cash, Surety, Property? Is it still $45,000?
I ask because my former husband (deceased) was a criminal attorney in Dallas and Houston and I have seen bonds posted within a few days when friends or family were involved. 45,000 is a small bond amount and if it's a Surety bond the fee is normally 10%. Money is usually no object and I have seen wives, girlfriends, and parents all pool monies to post bond for someone.
I've thought it strange from the beginning no one has done that for DV. In fact it seems no one has rallied around this family at all. And trust me...the street knows what happened.

I've also wondered why he took her to Arkansas when Galveston is so much closer or lakes right there where he was. Was he just running scared? There are so many facts in this case and it still is so confusing. I think it's because of the ongoing concert of lies. Just stupid lies...all this seems so made up! HPD has to be on top of it...:eek::confused:o_O
It’s cash, I believe.

I too keep my keys with me. Bad experience once when I arrived home and the house sitter wasn't there to let me in (I had left her my house keys while I was gone). I ended up having to stuff my wide butt through the dog door. Now, I take my keys with me. :D
lol @lonetraveler - Same thing happened to me. My dog was licking my face the entire time I was trying to get through.

What type of bond does DV have? Cash, Surety, Property? Is it still $45,000?
I ask because my former husband (deceased) was a criminal attorney in Dallas and Houston and I have seen bonds posted within a few days when friends or family were involved. 45,000 is a small bond amount and if it's a Surety bond the fee is normally 10%. Money is usually no object and I have seen wives, girlfriends, and parents all pool monies to post bond for someone.
I've thought it strange from the beginning no one has done that for DV. In fact it seems no one has rallied around this family at all. And trust me...the street knows what happened.

I've also wondered why he took her to Arkansas when Galveston is so much closer or lakes right there where he was. Was he just running scared? There are so many facts in this case and it still is so confusing. I think it's because of the ongoing concert of lies. Just stupid lies...all this seems so made up! HPD has to be on top of it...:eek::confused:o_O

It's a cash bond for forty five thousand. Someone has to hand over that much in cash for him to get out. I haven't see anyone wanting to bond him out. The judge knew he wouldn't be getting out at a cash bond as much as him getting out on the million dollar bond. No one had the money for either one.

And to answer the intent question that someone asked above. Intent is that you planned and wanted to happen.That is premeditation, and that can be long in the planning or with a few seconds of it happening. Without intent is you didn't mean it t happen, Like an accident.

Oh, sorry, I thought they were from this morning and just wanted to make sure others were aware. We had quite a long discussion with a lot of speculation last night trying to fit the pieces together.
Yes, I was a part of the conversation last night as well. Was so hopeful that the phone information was a giant leap at getting to the truth. Oh well, maybe LE is still investigating phones of people who may be a part of this crime.

Right. Is it MSM or Trash Journalism?

MSM is trash journalism in my book at the moment. Journalism is a word undeserved to describe what they do these days quite honestly.

Pretty disgusting when this is about a dead child and they do this for whatever the reason is and try to incite something with no care about the case or child. I think it truly needs to be looked into as a part of this case.

Several months ago I read or watched something that said even the major outlets are failing and losing money. Budgets are gone for real journalism and for travel and in depth reporting in most cases. It went on to say that the reporters just get online and get their facts and stories from websites like FB, Reddit, probably here, comments under other news articles, etc. because it is cheaper and quicker. This though fails as trustworthy news because they do not take the time to check sources, verify if fact, investigate for themselves, because if they do, someone else beats them to that almost instant headline. I have come to doubt proofreaders and editors even exist any longer. It is not hard to believe imo.

In this case though, it looks to be a lot more than that. This seemed intentional. The article was first published without the wrong information and the timing was uncanny when it added the incorrect info. Then it was corrected...

All jmo.

The flight was just before noon. BB's sister shared a screen shot of her itinerary and boarding pass.

Tim with EquuSearch was under the mistaken impression that her flight was at 4:30 and that is how this misinformation started.

Thank you for sharing this. I have never quite bought into the flight time of 4:30 and I also still wonder about her being home and for how long. I think very highly of Tim Miller, and give high praise for what he does, but both things came from him and not LE and was never otherwise stated in any media account nor by LE to my knowledge. There is much LE has never said themselves that comes from others, QX included. We took LE's flight time from Tim Miller as fact because we trust him and he likewise probably did the same with whoever he heard it from and considered them a likely trustworthy source of information.

I do not see a date on the boarding pass but would doubt it would be posted if it was not from the correct trip as it could so easily be disproven.

I have never seen this boarding pass and it is an example of what was not truth that has been spread all over. In fact, when one is to be to an airport two hours before a domestic flight, she was almost running late if picked up at 9:30 depending on the distance to the airport and length of time to check in. She certainly was not any too early.

Why there is no murder charge in Maleah Davis case, according to police | FOX 29 News Philadelphia (WTXF)
Police say they're still waiting on Maleah Davis' cause of death from the medical examiner.

According to a Houston police investigator, they don't have enough information to prove intent. That’s why there is no murder charge at this point, police say they're not looking at other suspects at this time.

[...]

I was hoping that DV's cell phone would prove "intent" for murder with the content of the "disturbing" text messages he sent BB after their fight. (eg--I'll kill the kids if you ....) That doesn't seem to be the case, since BB's phone would provide his texts. I figure the only hope of finding intent of murder, is if DV confessed to someone (in text) that he was responsible for her death (eg I snapped and killed Meleah, can you help me cover this up). It might not have to be that literal, but enough for him to be charged with murder. Fingers crossed that his cell has enough incriminating evidence for a murder charge, or that whomever he contacted will do the right thing and incriminate him. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for sharing this. I have never quite bought into the flight time of 4:30 and I also still wonder about her being home and for how long. I think very highly of Tim Miller, and give high praise for what he does, but both things came from him and not LE and was never otherwise stated in any media account nor by LE to my knowledge. There is much LE has never said themselves that comes from others, QX included. We took LE's flight time from Tim Miller as fact because we trust him and he likewise probably did the same with whoever he heard it from and considered them a likely trustworthy source of information.

I do not see a date on the boarding pass but would doubt it would be posted if it was not from the correct trip as it could so easily be disproven.

I have never seen this boarding pass and it is an example of what was not truth that has been spread all over. In fact, when one is to be to an airport two hours before a domestic flight, she was almost running late if picked up at 9:30 depending on the distance to the airport and length of time to check in. She certainly was not any too early.

I think Tim Miller's point was to say he didn't believe BB to be in the apartment and not see MD for an hour and a half before she left for the airport when MD returned with DV.

Also, BB went to see her father twice. Once when he was sick and for the burial.

I believe she had a connecting flight at 4:30 so maybe that's the confusion. Moo

Yes, I was a part of the conversation last night as well. Was so hopeful that the phone information was a giant leap at getting to the truth. Oh well, maybe LE is still investigating phones of people who may be a part of this crime.
Well, if what QX says is true they already have her cell phone information.
Anyway any contact she had with DV will be on his phone. As long as he used that phone, that is. Imo

MSM is trash journalism in my book at the moment. Journalism is a word undeserved to describe what they do these days quite honestly.

Pretty disgusting when this is about a dead child and they do this for whatever the reason is and try to incite something with no care about the case or child. I think it truly needs to be looked into as a part of this case.

Several months ago I read or watched something that said even the major outlets are failing and losing money. Budgets are gone for real journalism and for travel and in depth reporting in most cases. It went on to say that the reporters just get online and get their facts and stories from websites like FB, Reddit, probably here, comments under other news articles, etc. because it is cheaper and quicker. This though fails as trustworthy news because they do not take the time to check sources, verify if fact, investigate for themselves, because if they do, someone else beats them to that almost instant headline. I have come to doubt proofreaders and editors even exist any longer. It is not hard to believe imo.

In this case though, it looks to be a lot more than that. This seemed intentional. The article was first published without the wrong information and the timing was uncanny when it added the incorrect info. Then it was corrected...

All jmo.

I am very grateful for the Media coverage for Maleah. The Media was able to keep Maleah's story alive everyday. Everyone has come to love this little beauty because of the media attention. Mistakes happen.... I don't fault them. Moo

All jmo.
Preach.

All jmo.
BBM
I'm a proofreader and editor! We do still exist but there are so few of us these days. Everyone is very overworked (and some outlets have got rid of copy editors entirely).
But it's true news-gathering practices have changed, in many ways for the worse. I agree with a lot of your points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01