Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some random thoughts, all moo
1. Hospitals have cameras everywhere. All parking lots, all entrances, all over. LE has to know by now where/when/who dropped him off.
2. If it was a random Good Samaritan who helped him, that person would’ve already contacted LE and I think we’d have confirmation s/he wasn’t involved.
3. Mom hasn’t talked to DV? Her fiancé that was responsible for her kids for 4 days? Who didn’t show up at the airport or for more than 24 hrs after? With her kids??? No way.
4. The older 5YO who was reportedly picked up by his bio dad on Friday needs to be gently interviewed. He would know if something unusual happened before he left.
5. PriorCPS involvement seems like a death sentence for these kids lately.

Good question...I think we would all like to better understand the difficulty in filing a missing person form. (Sarcastic)

I have two thoughts about this but since BB is not a POI, I will only share one.

I believe BB's incomplete police report was motivated by her fear of CPS being notified.

She only got her kids back in Feb, and is still being monitored by CPS. A reported event could cause the children to be removed immediately.

I also think thanks needs to go to MD's grandmother BB2 for completing the missing reports-- causing the search to begin for MD.

MOO

I don't know if my heart can take it again honestly. But then I looked at this beautiful, sweet baby girl and I fell in love. Look at this beautiful, sweet, innocent little baby girl. How can this be??? Please let this be different.

Here is an article I posted in another missing child case that is a common theme in all of these tragic cases:

A new federal study indicates that these cases are simply the tip of the abuse iceberg in American life. According to the report, children living with their mother and her boyfriend are about 11 times more likely to be sexually, physically, or emotionally abused than children living with their married biological parents.

Likewise, children living with their mother and her boyfriend are six times more likely to be physically, emotionally, or educationally neglected than children living with their married biological parents. In other words, one of the most dangerous places for a child in America to find himself in is a home that includes an unrelated male boyfriend—especially when that boyfriend is left to care for a child by himself.

https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2011/04/3181/
I noticed this article is dated 2011, and I bet that the statistics are actually worse now.

Thanks for posting it. I have a couple people I'm going to share it with.

This is a large part of the reason I stayed single after my divorce, especially since my two youngest were girls.

I have two thoughts about this but since BB is not a POI, I will only share one.

I believe BB's incomplete police report was motivated by her fear of CPS being notified.

She only got her kids back in Feb, and is still being monitored by CPS. A reported event could cause the children to be removed immediately.

I also think thanks needs to go to MD's grandmother BB2 for completing the missing reports-- causing the search to begin for MD.

MOO
AGREE 100%. Nana really came through and is the only one reacting like one would expect IMO. She was like someone should be contacting us. I’m going down there until it gets done...like any normal human with a missing loved one would do. MOO.

Exactly. What is it about a small, adorable, vulnerable, innocent, sweet child that some (mostly) males see them as punching bags? :-(
Because they're completely unable to fight back. Because the (mostly) males have no emotional connection to them whatsoever and probably have a (possibly not even recognized by themselves) resentment of a child belonging to another man. I believe the lack of emotional connection is also why (mostly) males are more likely to sexually abuse their girlfriend's children, because they can view them as objects to be used for their pleasure. Then in some cases at some point they realize the child is a human and that's when they kill the child. Add in substance abuse, and mothers who are willing to turn a blind eye, and it's disaster for these poor kids.

I realize there's a lot of speculation in my comments and obviously it's to be considered opinion, but I think about this a lot and these are the common threads I see.

Houston Police on Twitter
The investigation into the whereabouts of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis remains on-going. HPD customarily doesn't identify persons of interest or suspects unless charges are filed. Any updates will be posted on twitter. No other information is available at this time. #hounews
3:24 PM - 7 May 2019

Wondering if BB and DV texted/spoke at all, after she left ?
And what did they say ?
Wouldn't her kids want to say "night" to her at bed time ?
Did they facetime at all ?

I'd like to know what's on her phone-- since DV's cell is 'missing'.

Not accusing her-- just want to know what was said/texted. Especially by HIM.

Perhaps, but surely the person he sold it to would have contacted LE now that this case is plastered all over the news?

They wouldn't want to be stopped for driving a vehicle implicated in a crime, IMO.

moo
Sold for parts....edit to add: then send in an insurance claim to recover the value of the loss from a stolen car.....run out and buy another car with the funds. This may be the single motivated reason for this crazy story. IMO

Last edited:
Maleah Davis update: Stepdad's initial story didn't add up, Sugar Land police say
[...]

Vence arrived at Sugar Land Methodist Hospital Saturday night, appearing to have fresh wounds from an attack. He said he had been in and out of consciousness since the attack and didn't really know where he was until 6 p.m. Saturday. That's when he said he walked to the hospital for treatment.

On Tuesday, the Sugar Land police spokesman said Vence's story has changed since he first talked to investigators -- specifically the nature of how he got to the hospital.

He said Sugar Land police is assisting the Houston Police Department, who are leading the investigation.

On Tuesday, the Sugar Land police spokesman said Vence's story has changed since he first talked to investigators -- specifically the nature of how he got to the hospital.

[...]

A wound wouldn't be considered fresh if it had been inflicted at least 24 hours prior...

So, according to most MSM reports - DV claims he "came to" at 6pm. He tried to wave down help and couldn't find any, so he walked. But he didn't make it to the hospital until 9-10pm. So 3-4 hours unaccounted for.

My understanding is that where he was "left" is relatively close to his home. And thus an area one would assume he has some basic understanding of the geography.

I know where all of my local hospitals are. And I would be able to walk to one that was literally a half mile from me in quick time as I'd know where it was.

So....what exactly was he doing? He basically had to actively avoid that hospital for 3-4 hours before someone picked him up (either a good Samaritan or a friend he contacted) and dropped him at the hospital.

Houston Police on Twitter
The investigation into the whereabouts of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis remains on-going. HPD customarily doesn't identify persons of interest or suspects unless charges are filed. Any updates will be posted on twitter. No other information is available at this time. #hounews
3:24 PM - 7 May 2019
That's a nice way to say "bad boy, bad boy, whatcha gonna do when we come for you"....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB